First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would be willing to comue up from Tn. If not past the middle of IL that would be 4.5 hours for me but would love to get together.
Sponsored

AJFord

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 ford maverick tremor and 16 mustang gt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm in the works on have a huge fall ford fest out west in the rochelle area (88 and 39) going to be a meet and not a car show so no paying to get in come and go when you want... just nice all ford meet old to new..

Rduyve

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid (Lux/BAP/CP360)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm in north Iowa, so I would be interested in that if it's near the quad cities. I'm thinking it will have to be next spring, but I don't know what kind of event it will be, since I've never been in a car club.
2nd the quad cities, perfect spot for an Iowa Illinois meet up

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Starved Rock would be about the farthest North I would want to go. Best to find somewhere centrally located in the state. I'm just across the river from St Louis.

Sponsored

Daverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Davey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Starved Rock would be about the farthest North I would want to go. Best to find somewhere centrally located in the state. I'm just across the river from St Louis.
This is going to be the most difficult part for anyone that wants to take lead on coordinating such an event. While I understand your argument for wanting something centrally located geographically, one also has to keep in mind that 90% of the state considers anything south of I-80 to be Southern Illinois.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wondering if there might be enough interested Maverick owners to hold a Maverick meet up in Illinois? Maybe in the spring when car shows start up again? What kind of event would it be? I’d go!
Here's a thought: Tim Bartz, the Ford Video Guy is meeting at a restaurant the Wednesday night before the Chicago Auto Show and I was thinking of joining. Let's do an informal meet there.

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is going to be the most difficult part for anyone that wants to take lead on coordinating such an event. While I understand your argument for wanting something centrally located geographically, one also has to keep in mind that 90% of the state considers anything south of I-80 to be Southern Illinois.
Yep, there's "Chicago", and there's "Not Chicago". I happen to be "Not Chicago".

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yep, there's "Chicago", and there's "Not Chicago". I happen to be "Not Chicago".
I'm on the fringe of Chicagoland but I consider myself NOT Chicago. I have a friend in southern Illinois and she doesn't correct me anymore when I call it Tropical Illinois.

Timaysz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm on the fringe of Chicagoland but I consider myself NOT Chicago. I have a friend in southern Illinois and she doesn't correct me anymore when I call it Tropical Illinois.
What part of not Chicago?
I live right on the boarder of il and wi... Close to 90

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
NIU grad here, but been in Pacific Northwest since '83. We did a meet-up a month ago. I went through looking for posts from WA and came up with 110 names. Another member then sent out invites. We met a a local park (free) about a month ago. See posts under W WA Mav Meet-up Feb 18th - 11am til? There were only 11 at the meet-up, but it was still a good time meeting other members. We will do another in better weather and more owners this summer. We didn't "do" anything, just talked and looked at different mods and trims and colors. Had a few come from several hours away. Very low key but still fun
If you can get a sponsor and go for a blowout like Tim put on, great!
BTW, almost 2000 miles on my Lariat and I'm still loving it.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What part of not Chicago?
I live right on the boarder of il and wi... Close to 90
Outside of Lemont. I used to live north fo Richmond. I liked it up there. Followed a job down here. Meeting an old friend in Genoa City next weekend

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2.0 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really like the idea! I guarantee I'd attend.
Just a few suggestions:
*Like any get together, people say they'll be there and inevitably, some, maybe even most, don't show up.
Other things come up, they forget, change their mind, etc,,,, So I'd be reluctant to promise a restaurant any numbers. Another thing, some people will love the place, some will complain about it. :)
*I've seen other meets like these online. It seems like they meet at a parking lot like one at a forest preserve, or a business parking lot on a day that the business(es) are closed.
Needless to say, it would be wise to get permission in advance. If people meet somewhere and would like to go to a restaurant, they could follow each other/you and go there as a group.

Here's an example from YouTube:

*WherEVER you have it, it will be close for some and far for others. Those that want to come will come. As someone mentioned, some people rarely wander far from their mailbox. In my case, I'd drive an hour or two to try a recommended restaurant. There is no right or wrong way. It seems like you're thinking of having it in a large metropolitan area, not in the middle of nowhere.

I used to organize seminars in the city. I'd guess 90% of the people lived less than 30-45 mins away. ONE person drove far from Pekin. They drove about 3 hours, but wanted to be there. A side note: He asked if we could move the training to Pekin so it would be close to him.!.!

I hope that helps.

Plan it. I'm sure people will participate if they want to be there.
I'll watch this thread. I hope it happens. If so, I will be there.

Thank you
Sponsored