Sponsored

Poll - Illinois members who have their Mavericks

Illinois Members - Which type of license plate did the dealership give you?

• Total voters

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Believe it or not, Gary IN was at one time a really thriving city. Mr. Gary built it from nothing, and in just a couple of years, as the location for his steel-mill.
It died almost as quickly in the 60's...corrupt politicians, the same old story.
I always get a kick out of the look on most peoples' faces when I tell them I'm from Gary, IN. It's a combination of pity and disbelief, LOL.

IMG952825.jpg
I spent a lot of time at Gary Works (USS). Pretty rough but you could see it was nice at one time.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Too bad it looks like they did away with the 6,000# A plates. That is all a Maverick would need. I had car plates on my 2000 S10 stepside. It was titled as "passenger" under type when I bought it.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For the Illinois members lucky enough to have taken delivery of your Maverick. What type of License Plate did the Dealership end up giving you?

I have (2) different active registration/non used plates I am going to use when my Maverick comes in. The B Truck plates that came off of my F150 I traded in for my Bronco or the standard plates that came with my Bronco - I have since swapped to custom plates for the Bronco.

Obviously I would rather use the standard plates with the cheaper registration renewal. Just seeing if anyone was able to get standard non B Truck plates from the dealership.
I didn't know there was an option. I would prefer to not have B plates. Mostly cost.

midwestmav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Traded in my Edge with non-truck plates, and they gave me B-truck plates.

Someone mentioned S10... fwiw... I had a 2003 S10 XL and was issued B-truck plates - recently sold the truck ($4k).
Sponsored