BirdDog

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I already own 2 F150s (Lariat & XLT) and a Maverick (XLT Eco), so this message thread is just for kicks...

If you could have only one vehicle and money was no issue, which would it be...a F150 or Maverick?

For me...the Maverick with Eco. I have the XLT FX4 4K Eco... I would consider the Lariat only because of the keyless start.
Sponsored

Snox801

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150,Rs,gt500,rx8
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also have both but it would be the -150
Sometimes you need a truck. I simple haul and tow to much. Plus if I have to get to a spot that could be hard to get to traction wise the f-160 goes

jeffrol48197

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Explorer, 2009 Focus, 2019 Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The F150 is just too BIG for me, so Maverick either way...If I need a full size truck, I can just rent one...now a 1997 F150 vs Maverick would be a harder call...

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Price and inability to fit in my garage are the only things holding me back from an F-150 Tremor with the 5.0 Coyote.

I don't think there is really any comparison at all.

But I love my Maverick all the same. It's what I choose to afford currently, and she tucks in nicely in my garage.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had/have both, and love(d) both. Fantastic trucks!

The Mav fits my current retired lifestyle much better than my F150. But if money were truly not a factor, it would be neither! 🤣 Helloooo Rivian! Of course, a Raptor R would be fun too.....👹

Sponsored

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Price and inability to fit in my garage are the only things holding me back from an F-150 Tremor with the 5.0 Coyote.

I don't think there is really any comparison at all.

But I love my Maverick all the same. It's what I choose to afford currently, and she tucks in nicely in my garage.
💯 with ya

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've had/have both, and love(d) both. Fantastic trucks!

The Mav fits my current retired lifestyle much better than my F150. But if money were truly not a factor, it would be neither! 🤣 Helloooo Rivian! Of course, a Raptor R would be fun too.....👹
The 150 is just too big, and gets crap MPG. I don,t think it would fit in my garage. I am retired and the Hybrid is just right for me. I have no use for any vehicle larger than a Ranger . The 150 is a NO go for me.

Playinthru

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Traded my 2020 F150 EB Lariat for 2023 Maverick Lariat EB. Owned countless F150's over the last 30 years and loved them all. I can fit in the Mav,and can fit it in the garage ,open the doors without hitting anything and carry what I need. We'll see how it works out. Had an explorer for a couple of years and didn't like it.

No Brand

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT, '20 F-250
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How about a real comparison... Maverick vs F250?

I know my answer, both.
Ford Maverick If you had to choose? F150 or Maverick IMG_8075

Sage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sagebrush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will miss the larger 150 for heavier work and for the 4x4 that I'm hoping won't be a huge thing. This will be the first in my life I will be without a true 4x4 vehicle.

My choice at this time is the Maverick for economics and for the small truck feel. I just hope I made the right choice.

Sponsored

Hunters Edge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 crew
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't have the Maverick yet (on order) so I can not give an accurate choice. Given that I decided to buy a Maverick over a F150 or a Ranger. Price did play into it, but other wants or needs were the determining factors. I'm worried I may not like giving up the height or perch when driving. On the other hand it is extremely difficult getting in and out. Another factor is ride and body roll differences especially when 98% will be a daily driver. The fuel economy was another factor. I just hate paying the exorbitant price for gas at the pumps. I can remember when gas (leaded) was 28.9 and someone else filled the tank, wiped the windshield and offered to check the oil.

Anyway back to other factors. I'm not towing 12,000 lbs anymore. If I have to to have the tractor towed the dealership charged 50 and I don't own the toy hauler anymore. I still need to tow at times and to be honest the 4000lbs is going to be close around 3800 give or take. The other times over 2000 but considerably less than 4000lbs. So the need for the F150 for towing is not there, at least for myself.

Next getting in and out of the bed sucks on a F150 4x4, trust me. Also my knees can't take it especially if I have to crawl (cap). Lastly being able to stand and just reach over the bed rail to put stuff in or remove it, is a big selling point. Also having a lower ingress or egress in the cab carries over to the tailgate. Not only being lower, it's shorter tailgate to reach over when just putting grocery bags in or to remove is going to give my back a break.

The smaller size I'm planning on appreciating driving through a two track in the woods or maneuvering in a parking lot. Also parking in the lot will be easier but being narrower will offer a big advantage of opening the door further to allow easier ingress and egress in a parking lot. So parking and maneuvering on road and off road for me anyway also swayed me from buying another F150.

So I see many F150 owners like myself buying a Maverick. I see many though that will continue to buy the F series because of what they need whether, extra towing capabilities, larger bed, heavier payloads, tall family members, plowing snow, etc. etc.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Didn't have to choose, even waited over a year for it, Maverick. Easy choice.

PC.Dago

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat
Engine
Undecided
Trading in my 2015 F-150 Lariat, when my Maverick hybrid BAP arrives in the next couple weeks. Hope I like it, if not, I'll order a Ranger next year. Retired, don't need a full size truck anymore, just somewhere to put my golf clubs :)

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will miss the larger 150 for heavier work and for the 4x4 that I'm hoping won't be a huge thing. This will be the first in my life I will be without a true 4x4 vehicle.
Unless you used 4L for a boat ramp or off roading - you'll likely find the Intelligent AWD better performing for on road traction than those traditional 4x4s of past.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would still take the Maverick, but a Lariat AWD if money is not an issue.
Sponsored