Sponsored

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
That is true. Except that Ford severely limited the amount of "Pro" units that it was allowing people to order. The orders filled within the first two waves of ordering in January. There is very little luck of most people getting their hands on a $40K F150 Lightning within the next couple years, at least. That is also assuming that they open orders for the vehicle again. Currently, they are closed and sold out for at least two years, unless things drastically change.
Do you have a source that Lightning sales are closed for 2 years? I know reservations are but I have yet to see that the ordering waves have ended.
Sponsored

sZedely

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat 4x4, Escape SE FWD
Lightning production
Lightning Orders Capped

See the above links. The first shows the anticipated yearly production numbers (80K) and the second shows that the orders are currently capped at (200K). This is approximately two years of orders @ 80K vehicles per year. Plus, CEO Farley, did announce that Ford will double production numbers as well. Farley Double Production

Yes, the math is not 100% = 2 years, but close for a launch and production shortages that are happening now.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Lightning production
Lightning Orders Capped

See the above links. The first shows the anticipated yearly production numbers (80K) and the second shows that the orders are currently capped at (200K). This is approximately two years of orders @ 80K vehicles per year. Plus, CEO Farley, did announce that Ford will double production numbers as well. Farley Double Production

Yes, the math is not 100% = 2 years, but close for a launch and production shortages that are happening now.
You are confusing reservations for orders. They said they had 200k reservations which do not equal orders. Who knows what the take rate is, as far as I know they are still sending out invites to order based on reservations. I just went out to the Lightning forums and wave 4 for orders should be out soon. Please fact check before posting.

sZedely

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning production
Lightning Orders Capped

Things may change if production increases as Farley promised. Honestly, why would you allow for more orders on a vehicle that has two years of projections already? They have to catch up first to allow for more orders.

sZedely

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are confusing reservations for orders. They said they had 200k reservations which do not equal orders. Who knows what the take rate is, as far as I know they are still sending out invites to order based on reservations. I just went out to the Lightning forums and wave 4 for orders should be out soon. Please fact check before posting.
Correct.

mjkladis

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
So with Ford calling the Maverick an icon and the fact that the C2 platform is close to the Mach-Es GE1 platform, this idea of a Maverick Lightning isn't too far-fetched.

I, personally, would be putting down a reservation THE SECOND they opened them up.
Sponsored