First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 stick shift Ranger, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And just a heads up, there’s is a 15 dollars coupon on it right now and apparently a limited deal (think K-Mart blue light special 😆) starting at 2 am tonight.
Sponsored

Old Fart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

One of my buddies got scammed in a parking lot where a carload of youths backed into him and said that my buddy rammed them.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The air bags didn’t go off so I don’t think it will be totaled. I would imagine it’s about $3K. At least the other guy appears to have good insurance.
I suspect that's a little in the low side. I'd be surprised if it's less than $8k. The paint work alone might be $3k.

Dignam

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4/Tow/Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dash cams are some of the cheapest insurance you can buy. All my cars had/have them.

Even ones that turn off after parking can sometimes have impact detection and will record if it senses an incident. My model (Nexar Beam) has a tiny internal battery for this purpose.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the VIOFO A119 V3 2K Dash Cam. I have software where it shows location on the map and speed. I got it in 2020 after a guy did something similar to me like happened to OP. He claimed it was my fault. We both had same insurance Gieco and they put it on my collision coverage which had a 500 deductible. I said NEVER again. Got dash cam right after that.

I say your crazy not to have one. Everyone lies.

Sponsored

Samus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the VIOFO A119 V3 2K Dash Cam. I have software where it shows location on the map and speed. I got it in 2020 after a guy did something similar to me like happened to OP. He claimed it was my fault. We both had same insurance Gieco and they put it on my collision coverage which had a 500 deductible. I said NEVER again. Got dash cam right after that.

I say your crazy not to have one. Everyone lies.
My wife was taking a left on a 2 lane road, someone decided she was taking too long and as soon as she started to turn, this lady tries to overtake her on the left. We both had USAA insurance, and because the lady had a "witness" that claimed my wife was at fault somehow, they sided with her. After that, said never again as well. Got both of us Dash Cams, and ended coverage with USAA.

BlueSpec1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT 2.5L, 22 Escape Plug In, 23 Bolt EUV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finished dash cam in one of the cars and starting on the Maverick today, VIOFO A139s.

OP
OP

Cyberwiz64

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL Atlas Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It did not capture the actual impact but you can see the car rolling towards me as I went past.

MichelleMav24

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Niro
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Back in June, I purchased a web cam for my 2023 Maverick. I strongly recommend getting a webcam for your vehicle if it does not have one. Last night while driving home, I pulled out of a business onto a road with 2 lanes eastbound, there was a driver in a turn lane (no light) up ahead. Don't know what he was looking at. He started rolling forward slowly and I thought he was waiting for me to pass. He ran (at slow speeds) into the rear driver side door. No one was hurt.

I got out and asked him if he even saw me. The cops arrived and they separated us. What he told the police didn't quite match with what happened. The officer took our documents. I thought it was going to be my word against his, then I remembered the dash cam. I got the video on my phone and showed to police. The office said the evidence pointed to my version of events but dash cam confirmed it. He told me to save the video in case I need it in court.

No one was hurt, the damage does not look too bad, but it just didn't need to happen.

If you get a dash cam make sure it has GPS location and speed. Also make sure you setup the time and date properly.

IMG_3422.jpg

IMG_3416.jpg

IMG_3418.jpg
Bummer to have damage to your Maverick- New door and front finder + paint and labor are not cheap...would love to hear what your estimate for damages are. My guess is no less than $8,500

Based on your recommendation order our Dashcam few minutes ago - with coupon it was like $75.00. Thanks for Amazon link.

Last edited:
Sponsored

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought my first dash cam because I wanted to video some of my travels in the Rockies and Glacier National Park. Got some great travel videos with it.

But, the best purpose of the cam is to protect you and give evidence of who is at fault. I highly recommend everyone have one. But don't settle on just a front-facing camera. Make sure you get a rear-facing camera as well. Mine recorded the idiot who ran into me last year.

dlhort1955

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does a wire hang down from the rear view mirror or do you thread it along the windshield to a powerpoint under the dash?

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does a wire hang down from the rear view mirror or do you thread it along the windshield to a powerpoint under the dash?
Its easy just to tuck the wire under the plastic trim along top of windshield then down plastic trim on the pillar. The plug it in at lighter or usb port. If you want camera to work while parked you need to wire it to fuse box with constant power. Hybrid model kills lighter power right away when you shut off and open the door. My last car a Ecosport lighter stayed powered for about an hour after shut off. NOT the hybrid maverick. I don't know about the gas maverick. .

Ridingorange23

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carolyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Subaru outback’s
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Back in June, I purchased a web cam for my 2023 Maverick. I strongly recommend getting a webcam for your vehicle if it does not have one. Last night while driving home, I pulled out of a business onto a road with 2 lanes eastbound, there was a driver in a turn lane (no light) up ahead. Don't know what he was looking at. He started rolling forward slowly and I thought he was waiting for me to pass. He ran (at slow speeds) into the rear driver side door. No one was hurt.

I got out and asked him if he even saw me. The cops arrived and they separated us. What he told the police didn't quite match with what happened. The officer took our documents. I thought it was going to be my word against his, then I remembered the dash cam. I got the video on my phone and showed to police. The office said the evidence pointed to my version of events but dash cam confirmed it. He told me to save the video in case I need it in court.

No one was hurt, the damage does not look too bad, but it just didn't need to happen.

If you get a dash cam make sure it has GPS location and speed. Also make sure you setup the time and date properly.

IMG_3422.jpg

IMG_3416.jpg

IMG_3418.jpg
How did you get the video on your phone?