2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid/2023 Hyundai Tuscon/2013 Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have been lecturing myself to get dashcams for my fleet for a decade now. But it's amazing how easy it is to procrastinate. I am still hoping that NHTSA will pressure OEMs to make them standard equipment. Like Tesla - 360 degree coverage, including when parked (sentry mode).
This only increases the price of a new vehicle and raises the cost of repairing an older one. Manufacturers shouldn't be obligated to comply with regulations regarding features like a dash cam. These are easily accessible and inexpensive. If you don't want one, simply don't buy it. There's no need for them to impose it on all of us.

And yes, I do have one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C3TXYM6V
Sponsored

OP
OP

Cyberwiz64

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL Atlas Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The unit has a front and rear camera. The front camera I ran along the windshield headliner to the pillar and down the pillar and door plastic. About halfway up on the door there was a seam and I ran the cable under the dash. On the driver's side of the center console there was another seam that took me to the lighter. The rear camera plugs into the front camera. I have the beer window so I mounted it next to the beer window as high as I could behind the head rest. I didn't want it too low because the bed would obstruct the picture. The rear camera had a LOT of cable. I was able to stuff the excess into the windshield pilar behind the plastic.

There is an app. You turn on the Hotspot on the webcam manually and connect your phone. You can change all sorts of settings and sync time and date to your phone. You can download the videos and take a photo from the video or take a photo live of what the camera sees. You may not want to set the video time on the camera. When the time is long and a high definition the videos are huge and generally not mailable.

I will send pictures of where I mounted mine but I am sure someone probably figured out a more logical place to put them.

siberdraknon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid Cyber Orange
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The dash cam does not take sides.
It can, depending on your morals.
Video benefits you: Here's the dashcam footage I have.
Video doesn't benefit you: What dashcam?

AndyZRH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used three Dashcams:
I used in a Dodge Dakota the 70Mai with wired Rear WIndow Cam
in a Dodge Caravan a THINKWARE FA200 also with wired Rear Window Cam
The easiest to install was in my Maverick the RIng Car Camera. Yes missing the rear View, but getting inside View.
Keeping me updated while my Maverick is parked over LTE Notifications, and obviousely recording during driving front out and Maverick inside, and I can even "call" into a two way conversation in to my Camera when I'm not in my Maverick (Like a regular Ring Camera).
The LTE-Subscription Service is 60$ Annually and gives you 2GB/monthly of LTE Data. The Camera stores Video locally, and transmitts for free over wifi, or with the Subscription over LTE as well.
Installation was assaid much quicker as it simply connects to the ODB2-Port and that's all the wiring.
https://ring.com/products/car-cam

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm trying to understand the circumstances of this low-speed collision. The OP states can see the car rolling and I presume it should have been stopped, since the OP then crosses in front of it or turns left in front of it.

BUT WHY?

why would the OP not stop and let the inattentive driver pass harmlessly? or at the least, hit someone else instead?

Sponsored

Craiger9131

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So I understand correctly, the camera part number you sighted has two separate cameras, yes?
How do you power the rear camera?

dlhort1955

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cyberwiz64, I just purchased the same camera you have for my daughter. Price dropped to $69 today. Maybe I should buy 2???

James K

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Back in June, I purchased a web cam for my 2023 Maverick. I strongly recommend getting a webcam for your vehicle if it does not have one. Last night while driving home, I pulled out of a business onto a road with 2 lanes eastbound, there was a driver in a turn lane (no light) up ahead. Don't know what he was looking at. He started rolling forward slowly and I thought he was waiting for me to pass. He ran (at slow speeds) into the rear driver side door. No one was hurt.

I got out and asked him if he even saw me. The cops arrived and they separated us. What he told the police didn't quite match with what happened. The officer took our documents. I thought it was going to be my word against his, then I remembered the dash cam. I got the video on my phone and showed to police. The office said the evidence pointed to my version of events but dash cam confirmed it. He told me to save the video in case I need it in court.

No one was hurt, the damage does not look too bad, but it just didn't need to happen.

If you get a dash cam make sure it has GPS location and speed. Also make sure you setup the time and date properly.

IMG_3422.jpg

IMG_3416.jpg

IMG_3418.jpg
I have them front and back. Another thing to be aware of in this day and age of road rage is just holding up your cell phone when idiots get aggressive. you don't even have to be videoing. It takes the rage right out those idiots we all encounter.

OP
OP

Cyberwiz64

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The rear camera plugs into the front camera. The front plugs into power

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm a minimalist by nature... My current truck is a 2006 Nissan Frontier XE 2WD 2.5cyl 5spd man. Stripped. It has cruise control, tilt steering, am/fm/cd, oem fog lights, oem hitch, sliding rear window, carpeted floor mats, spray in bedliner, flaps, SE take-off alloys, and decent upgraded/upsized tires. But yeah, no luxury options at all. No safety options at all. No performance options at all.

I don't know if it's age or the changing of the times... but I ordered my Maverick as a Lariat for all of the safety equipment (mainly thinking of my wife)... I've ordered the Permiter Plus (alarm) and will get a dash cam (to document stuff).... Again.. I don't know if I'm changing or folks have just gotten less trustworthy and more precautions are in order; a sign of my age or a sign of the times kind of thing?

Sponsored

hellokitty1984

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Back in June, I purchased a web cam for my 2023 Maverick. I strongly recommend getting a webcam for your vehicle if it does not have one. Last night while driving home, I pulled out of a business onto a road with 2 lanes eastbound, there was a driver in a turn lane (no light) up ahead. Don't know what he was looking at. He started rolling forward slowly and I thought he was waiting for me to pass. He ran (at slow speeds) into the rear driver side door. No one was hurt.

I got out and asked him if he even saw me. The cops arrived and they separated us. What he told the police didn't quite match with what happened. The officer took our documents. I thought it was going to be my word against his, then I remembered the dash cam. I got the video on my phone and showed to police. The office said the evidence pointed to my version of events but dash cam confirmed it. He told me to save the video in case I need it in court.

No one was hurt, the damage does not look too bad, but it just didn't need to happen.

If you get a dash cam make sure it has GPS location and speed. Also make sure you setup the time and date properly.

IMG_3422.jpg

IMG_3416.jpg

IMG_3418.jpg
Agree to dashcam, but turn off speed and gps. All location and other data can be figured out by where the wreck happened and where it was. Don’t tattle on yourself for your slight speed increases. I know from firsthand experience how basic video is more than enough. A $400 dash camera saved me $32,000. Worth every penny.

OP
OP

Cyberwiz64

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Depends on the circumstances. The GPS proved pretty helpful because the other driver had a different version of where I entered the road way and the GPS backed me up. The speed was somewhat helpful because it showed me driving at a fairly low speed. I can see how in another circumstance those items could really be an issue.

MelaMax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Melana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey there Maverick lovers.... I am wondering if those of you that went with 70Mai TRUE web cam have a suggestion for an micro/mini SD card- wondering what capacity to get. 128 GB seems inadequate and I can't seem to find a clue on the product page on Amazon.

OP
OP

Cyberwiz64

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It on a sub menu towards the bottom of the page. It says 128 GB max. don't know if it could take higher, but that is the spec.

Ford Maverick I highly recommend getting a web cam 1703172630634

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It on a sub menu towards the bottom of the page. It says 128 GB max. don't know if it could take higher, but that is the spec.

1703172630634.png
I very much doubt it will be able to use a card larger than whatever it says in the specs.

I have never yet seen that work, but I suppose it's possible.
Sponsored