Sponsored

‘80F100

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 F100, 1996 Ram 2500, 2001 Ranger, 2014 Edge
Thank you for the review. My maverick needs to hurry up and get here. I totaled my daily last week and now I’m stuck driving the farm truck to work. Boy does that 8.0L V10 chug gas like no tomorrow. I have an early October build date and the wait is killing me and my wallet.
Sponsored

Perez1766

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
CP-RTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello Maverick Friends!,

Today, I went to my local dealership and test drove the Maverick!! It was a XL Ecoboost model in Iconic Silver. I spotted this Maverick on a car carrier (see pic) last Saturday as I was returning home from lunch. I did a quick U-turn and followed it to the dealership to confirm that's were it was going. According the saleswoman I was the first person to test drive this Maverick.

So how was the drive? Glad you asked. It was awesome!! Very much like a very nice car, in that the ride was very smooth, exterior noise was barley noticeable.

The seats are soooo comfortable, which I was very surprised being a XL model. I had expected harder seats and a stiffer ride. I had an '08 F150 and always felt that the ride in it was very plush compared to other trucks, Dodge, Chevy, GMC. The F150 always felt more like a car than a truck and the Maverick feels the same to me, an elegant ride.

Steering was very responsive and I liked that when I made U-turns there's no cranking the steering wheel around numerous times, you turn the steering wheel to the full stop position, which felt like a bit more than 90 degrees and you get full turning radius. I believe this is because of the electronic steering that's graduated so you're not having to turn the steering a lot.

I also tested the lane keeping system, which I've never had before. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture or video during my testing of this so I will try to describe it, please keep in mind this is a new feature to me so if I've overlooked something have mercy in the comments! I had it set to "Alert and Aid" with "Normal" assist. You can scroll through the center display to show MPH, Phone, Road Info (Miles to empty, Avg MPG, etc.), Settings, Lane Assist, and Music (?). So while driving I had it on Lane Assist so I could tell when "assist" was happening visually. The center display shows "lane markers" with a white line on each side depicting the road. As I drifted towards the side of the lane the white "lane marker" would turn orange and the steering would ever so slight nudge in the opposite direction and re-center me. It was so subtle that I had to do an additional 2 times to be sure of what was happening!! Loved it!! Correction was gentle and not overbearing! Once Maverick was re-centered the orange lane marker turned white again. It also popped-up a warning (in orange) on the center display to put my hands on the wheel!! The first time it did this I had taken my hands off for a few seconds so I could see the steering wheel move ever so slightly. The second time I had my hands off the steering for longer and the warning popped up again (in red) warning me to put my hands back on the steering wheel. It would interesting to know if I didn't put my hands back on the steering what Maverick would have done. Is there a secret voice like Kit from KnightRider that comes on and warning me or a voice like HAL 9000 and takes over?! 😲

I had my elderly Mom (83) with me during the test drive and she also commented on how quite and plush the ride felt. It was very easy for her to enter and exit the Maverick with no problem.

Since this was the XL model the interior was the black trim and seeing it in person I really loved it! It looks a lot darker in person than in pictures and coupled with blue really gave the interior a nice dark look. Personally, if it was offered for the XLT I would have taken it. I'm not unhappy with the XLT, but if I had a choice I would have taken the XL trim.

The motor!! Almost forgot about it! The ecoboost does have get up and go ponies! I did a couple of stop light burn outs just to see how fast off the line it was it. Actually, has me thinking...hmmm hybrid or ecoboost! Nope! Hybrid all the way!! 🤣 The ecoboost definitely feels like it's got plenty of power compared to my '04 Ranger 3.0L. I think folks will like it.

Also while we parked so I could check out the display center setting the auto start / stop did a cycle and to me it was very subtle and not intrusive. The saleswoman did point out that can be disabled by pushing a button on the center console, however, I do believe you have to do this for every start cycle.

Overall, viewing from inside to the outside I didn't find any blind spots or areas of concern. This XL did have powered mirrors with the blind spot warning, which I indicated to me that the 360 package is installed.

The back up camera was nice with the line layout pattern, which I liked (see pictures).

I didn't think to take a picture of the window sticker, but if you look on JIM CLICK FORD website you can see it. They are due to get 2 XLT models soon and when they do I'll test drive it because that's what I've ordered. I mostly just want to see the XLT interior in person. I've seen Lariat and now XL, so one more to go!! I realize that this review is very subjective and just my opinion so don't take what I've written here as gospel, factual or have a cow because I've written something that doesn't agree with your knowledge or beliefs. I'm more than happy to try and any questions someone may have. Hopefully, a dealership near you will soon have a Maverick to test drive.

UPDATE: How I forgot this bit of information is beyond me! I forgot to mention that the dealership had a $3000 market markup on the price!! I know there are few folks on this forum who are waiting to see a Maverick at their dealership, be prepared to pay more!

Mav arrives at Jim Click.jpg
20210927_134610.jpg
20210927_134620.jpg
Thank you for the post! I ordered an XLT Hybrid as well. My current vehicle is a stock Xterra. It sits high so I have great visibility when driving and towing. Does the Maverick sit like a car or a truck? As in, when you pull up to a light can you see into a sedan or is it at the same height?
I know there are clearance specs but these can also be misleading at times.

Thanks again!

CP

Nkm136048

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
For anyone that has had there order processed already. How long is it in the “in production” stage ?

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the review, I am going into this blind so this type of information is very useful!

Sponsored

Row Jimmy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ranger XLT
Hello Maverick Friends!,

Today, I went to my local dealership and test drove the Maverick!! It was a XL Ecoboost model in Iconic Silver. I spotted this Maverick on a car carrier (see pic) last Saturday as I was returning home from lunch. I did a quick U-turn and followed it to the dealership to confirm that's were it was going. According the saleswoman I was the first person to test drive this Maverick.

So how was the drive? Glad you asked. It was awesome!! Very much like a very nice car, in that the ride was very smooth, exterior noise was barley noticeable.

The seats are soooo comfortable, which I was very surprised being a XL model. I had expected harder seats and a stiffer ride. I had an '08 F150 and always felt that the ride in it was very plush compared to other trucks, Dodge, Chevy, GMC. The F150 always felt more like a car than a truck and the Maverick feels the same to me, an elegant ride.

Steering was very responsive and I liked that when I made U-turns there's no cranking the steering wheel around numerous times, you turn the steering wheel to the full stop position, which felt like a bit more than 90 degrees and you get full turning radius. I believe this is because of the electronic steering that's graduated so you're not having to turn the steering a lot.

I also tested the lane keeping system, which I've never had before. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture or video during my testing of this so I will try to describe it, please keep in mind this is a new feature to me so if I've overlooked something have mercy in the comments! I had it set to "Alert and Aid" with "Normal" assist. You can scroll through the center display to show MPH, Phone, Road Info (Miles to empty, Avg MPG, etc.), Settings, Lane Assist, and Music (?). So while driving I had it on Lane Assist so I could tell when "assist" was happening visually. The center display shows "lane markers" with a white line on each side depicting the road. As I drifted towards the side of the lane the white "lane marker" would turn orange and the steering would ever so slight nudge in the opposite direction and re-center me. It was so subtle that I had to do an additional 2 times to be sure of what was happening!! Loved it!! Correction was gentle and not overbearing! Once Maverick was re-centered the orange lane marker turned white again. It also popped-up a warning (in orange) on the center display to put my hands on the wheel!! The first time it did this I had taken my hands off for a few seconds so I could see the steering wheel move ever so slightly. The second time I had my hands off the steering for longer and the warning popped up again (in red) warning me to put my hands back on the steering wheel. It would interesting to know if I didn't put my hands back on the steering what Maverick would have done. Is there a secret voice like Kit from KnightRider that comes on and warning me or a voice like HAL 9000 and takes over?! 😲

I had my elderly Mom (83) with me during the test drive and she also commented on how quite and plush the ride felt. It was very easy for her to enter and exit the Maverick with no problem.

Since this was the XL model the interior was the black trim and seeing it in person I really loved it! It looks a lot darker in person than in pictures and coupled with blue really gave the interior a nice dark look. Personally, if it was offered for the XLT I would have taken it. I'm not unhappy with the XLT, but if I had a choice I would have taken the XL trim.

The motor!! Almost forgot about it! The ecoboost does have get up and go ponies! I did a couple of stop light burn outs just to see how fast off the line it was it. Actually, has me thinking...hmmm hybrid or ecoboost! Nope! Hybrid all the way!! 🤣 The ecoboost definitely feels like it's got plenty of power compared to my '04 Ranger 3.0L. I think folks will like it.

Also while we parked so I could check out the display center setting the auto start / stop did a cycle and to me it was very subtle and not intrusive. The saleswoman did point out that can be disabled by pushing a button on the center console, however, I do believe you have to do this for every start cycle.

Overall, viewing from inside to the outside I didn't find any blind spots or areas of concern. This XL did have powered mirrors with the blind spot warning, which I indicated to me that the 360 package is installed.

The back up camera was nice with the line layout pattern, which I liked (see pictures).

I didn't think to take a picture of the window sticker, but if you look on JIM CLICK FORD website you can see it. They are due to get 2 XLT models soon and when they do I'll test drive it because that's what I've ordered. I mostly just want to see the XLT interior in person. I've seen Lariat and now XL, so one more to go!! I realize that this review is very subjective and just my opinion so don't take what I've written here as gospel, factual or have a cow because I've written something that doesn't agree with your knowledge or beliefs. I'm more than happy to try and any questions someone may have. Hopefully, a dealership near you will soon have a Maverick to test drive.

UPDATE: How I forgot this bit of information is beyond me! I forgot to mention that the dealership had a $3000 market markup on the price!! I know there are few folks on this forum who are waiting to see a Maverick at their dealership, be prepared to pay more!

Mav arrives at Jim Click.jpg
20210927_134610.jpg
20210927_134620.jpg
Outstanding review, thanks for sharing the experience. Pics were pretty good too.

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For anyone that has had there order processed already. How long is it in the “in production” stage ?
Wrong thread pal, but my truck was in "production" for 8 days.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks, I appreciate your comments. Just so you know my Mom is only 5'7" and she didn't have any problem seeing over the dashboard, so there that. 🤣
thanks for clarifying that. I was wondering why you didn't mention she was 6'5" and had plenty of leg room sitting behind you ;):giggle:

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
" Is there a secret voice like Kit from KnightRider that comes on and warning me or a voice like HAL 9000 and takes over?! 😲"

"I'm sorry, Dave, I can't do that."

... "Hopefully, a dealership near you will soon have a Maverick to test drive."

I spoke to my salesman last Saturday, he informed me they had a cactus gray XL coming in a couple of weeks. I believe I am one of 3 orders, so I'm sure they'll be calling me when it comes in.
my dealer has me on speed dial to let me know when their ordered stock unit arrives so I can drive it :ROFLMAO: Turns out I'm the only person in the whole town who has even asked them about anything Maverick related. They never had a training visit scheduled and no orders yet either.

***EDIT*** minutes after posting this my dealer called and said there was a trainer parked out front. Yes, I went and climbed all over, under and inside it!

Last edited:
Sponsored

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thank you for the well-written and helpful review!

Fuentes50

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW x1
Thank you for the review I called the dealer yesterday and still waiting for the Ford representative to get back to them on my order
Fuentes1950
XLT

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's hoping that we all like them once we actually see one, sit in it, and drive it!

Thanks for the review!

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Do car dealerships really just let people test drive the vehicle you built and ordered it before the sell it to you? I don't want someone else to drive my Lariat before me . I'll definitely get to my dealership the same day the car is delivered.
I assume the truck he drove was the dealers demo unit. They can't mark up a "sold" unit and try to sell it to someone else.

OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine