Sponsored

Maverick Article—February 8: I drove the $20K Maverick. 4 reasons to buy — and 3 ways it falls short.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Imagine that. You have to pay to upgrade and get more features.

This author is definitely a car guy. Flipping genius.

OP
OP

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

This author is definitely a car guy. Flipping genius.
What’s next? You have to pay more for prime rib than a McDonalds burger. I haven’t driven one, but I sat in one at a Ford dealer. I was completely comfortable in the drivers seat. As for options, for $20,000 , you are getting plenty of things that were options not that long ago, like air conditioning and automatic transmission. Plus that electric screen thing that I will try to not use lol.

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What he's (clumsily) trying to say is that the budget price means budget features, so if you expect a 'fully' modern car don't think about getting the 20k base model.

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape over this kind of sloppy writing. Its about par for the course for writers who have minimal time to crank out internet articles for the click machine.

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What’s next? You have to pay more for prime rib than a McDonalds burger. I haven’t driven one, but I sat in one at a Ford dealer. I was completely comfortable in the drivers seat. As for options, for $20,000 , you are getting plenty of things that were options not that long ago, like air conditioning and automatic transmission. Plus that electric screen thing that I will try to not use lol.
Oddly you included one thing that the base doesnt actually have haha (auto tranny) but i see your point

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

What he's (clumsily) trying to say is that the budget price means budget features, so if you expect a 'fully' modern car don't think about getting the 20k base model.

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape over this kind of sloppy writing. Its about par for the course for writers who have minimal time to crank out internet articles for the click machine.
Modern is not the right word there. Cutting edge is more like it. The base base is as modern as it gets. If it were any more modern it would be wearing a facemask.

bwayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2008 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Plus that electric screen thing that I will try to not use lol.
Huh? Why? Are you making a statement against convenience? Why not get a horse and buggy then?

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
reviews 22k vehicle, expects it to compete with 42k vehicles 🤔

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Huh? Why? Are you making a statement against convenience? Why not get a horse and buggy then?
There's a lot of... "experienced" people on this forum who are understandably concerned that they are living in the Age of Data and are making some (In my opinion) silly decisions based on that fact.
Sponsored