Sponsored

Hyundai Santa Cruz review, better than the Maverick?

OP
OP
Ozuye10

Ozuye10

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick, 22 4Runner, 16 Mazda6, 12 Camry, 04 R
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the same color on mine but didn't go to the high end models because of the turbo with the tranny it has. Both are potential problems. My gauge cluster isn't all digital as well and the Infotainment center has knobs as well as a touch screen. My SEL in Sage Grey AWD is non-turbo with a regular 8 speed. Only 191 HP but it gets along fine and still tows 3500 lbs and I don't have that horrible hard roll up tonneau cover box taking up valuable space in the bed. Paid $31k and so good so far...got 29.7 MPG on my first 300 miles in bumper to bumper stop and go traffic for most of it and it fits right in my garage next to my Subaru. My previously owned RAM 1500 Limited 4x4 took up the whole garage.
That’s a lot more sensible than the one I test drove. It will be nearly $41k out the door and not worth that in the least. I’m glad you’re enjoying the truck and wish you the best with it in the future. I owned a 2009 Laramie and it was a great truck but fuel economy was terrible. I lived in Hawaii where gas was nearly double what the mainland was. That’s when I got my first Tacoma, great truck as well.

Ford Maverick Hyundai Santa Cruz review, better than the Maverick? AF683386-7C71-404B-B8DB-4AD398A37B25
Sponsored

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I personally have no hate for the SC, in fact I considered buying a Hampton grey SEL AWD. I had already test driven an eco-boost Maverick before test driving the SC. The SC I tested was about 700 more than the Ecoboost Maverick I have now (XLT AWD w/Lux pkg). Both have thier good and bad points. In the end I decided that the increased hp and slightly better gas mileage were more desirable. The SC was a better finished vehicle. Better seats, more upscale looking interior. I believe part of the reason the MPG isn't higher on the SC is the 245 width tire compared to the Mavericks 225 width. That has to make more rolling resistance and therefore hurts mpg. I average about 32 mpg hwy if I don't get on the boost too much. The SC is rarer than the Maverick in my area. I've only seen a few SC's in the past year or so. If I see one I wave to the driver. I don't see other compact pickups as rivals, more like cousins.

Grumpa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica Honda Civic Chevy Sonic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you pay over msrp? I live in NC and most Hyundai dealers want $3,000 over msrp for a SC. Talk about greed!

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now I am out of popcorn. Gotta make a run. :cool:
Sponsored