Sponsored

Hyundai Santa Cruz review, better than the Maverick?

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good lord.

This is a ranked list of TOTAL number of fatal crashes, which is basically the same as a list of the best selling vehicles on the road. If this list went further we surely would find that the FIAT 500 Electric was one of the "LEAST DEADLY CARS on the Road in 2022"
'
A ranking of deadliest car colors would be equally relevant.
How about this then....only one named
Small pickups
Ford Maverick Hyundai Santa Cruz review, better than the Maverick? {filename}
Top Safety Pick
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Crew cab pickup
with specific headlights
Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m not trying to make money from YouTube haha. I don’t know about Scotty, but I’m a military officer and my wife works in the medical field. We do just fine. I started shooting videos because 98% of YouTubers will tell you every car is amazing and the world is sunshine and rainbows. That’s more harmful than people telling you what they think sucks and not being worried about offending the press fleet gods.
Thank you for your service. Doesn't change my opinion of the internet reviews :), but you deserve an expression of gratitude for your primary job during this Thanksgiving and holiday season.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Check out Scotty Kilmer on youtube before you buy a Hyundai.
Scotty's a character...one week he dumps on Hyundai and the next week he does a video on driving and checking it out and says he's surprised how good it is. One week he he loves Toyota and the next week ( recently) is complaining about the build quality...and is ticked at his kid for buying a new Tacoma in another..he's a funny old guy..but I love his channel.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Scotty's a character...one week he dumps on Hyundai and the next week he does a video on driving and checking it out and says he's surprised how good it is. One week he he loves Toyota and the next week ( recently) is complaining about the build quality...and is ticked at his kid for buying a new Tacoma in another..he's a funny old guy..but I love his channel.
Scotty Kilmer is the worst.

Sponsored

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I suppose that math works if you consider $5,000 for heated cloth seats a fair price. I’ll stick with my $50 Amazon heated seat covers.
How about solar glass and acoustic windshield? How about Moon Roof? How about Hard Tonneau? How about Blue Link? How about payload? How about MPG? Seems like some things are not in the Tacoma while some other things are for a lot more moola...

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not sure what everyone is arguing about. It doesn't matter about quality and features and legroom. What matters is which vehicle you are least likely to get you ass kicked in while driving through a small town in the middle of Wyoming. That would be the Maverick.
Neither. The SC might get some funny looks and kidding but unlikely anything else. Remember when I had a small horse ranch and bought one of those "Jap" small trucks and got shet about that from folks with the big trucks but the little Datsun did just fine doing what I needed it to do. My have times have changed when Japanese and Korean models are all over the highways now..same thing when I bought a Suzuki Samuari when they first came out . Got a lotta shet from Jeep folks until we went out in the desert and took it places they couldn't go with their Rubicons...great little 4x4...wish I still had it.

viperman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well don't be haters, I really wanted a Maverick had a chance to buy a Lariat last week, but they wanted to steal my trade. Decided to buy this instead, new Santa Cruz Night model. 38k got me a very well-equipped vehicle that turns heads (some good, some bad) lol. I agree with some of you about the looks but this color with black trim and wheels really set it off. I still have my Tremor on order, and I will see if it shows up in the next year or so.
Ford Maverick Hyundai Santa Cruz review, better than the Maverick? IMG_0045.JPEG

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The all digital cluster doesn’t look like it’s protected at all . If you were get in crash or front end got rattled the digital cluster would crack . Same with the infotainment system. The Dual clutch transmission issue are well documented as well .. not fan of that.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well don't be haters, I really wanted a Maverick had a chance to buy a Lariat last week, but they wanted to steal my trade. Decided to buy this instead, new Santa Cruz Night model. 38k got me a very well-equipped vehicle that turns heads (some good, some bad) lol. I agree with some of you about the looks but this color with black trim and wheels really set it off. I still have my Tremor on order, and I will see if it shows up in the next year or so.
Ford Maverick Hyundai Santa Cruz review, better than the Maverick? {filename}
Do you feel like infotainment system is sturdy or does it feel flemsy?. The color on that cruz looks pretty decent . It’s looks horrible in white , that baby blue, green , or sandy brown it comes in .

Sponsored

viperman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you feel like infotainment system is sturdy or does it feel flemsy?. The color on that cruz looks pretty decent . It’s looks horrible in white , that baby blue, green , or sandy brown it comes in .
I don't like the fact that is a touch panel with no knobs. It does use thumb wheels for volume and tuning as well as steering wheel controls. Really doesn't seem flimsy, but time will tell, I guess.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't like the fact that is a touch panel with no knobs. It does use thumb wheels for volume and tuning as well as steering wheel controls. Really doesn't seem flimsy, but time will tell, I guess.
If it had some sort barrier around it like the mavericks does then it would make me feel more comfortable about it . But I can see going down bump road and having to break check … and possibly cracking . Also not fan of all gloss black from cleaning prospective

viperman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If it had some sort barrier around it like the mavericks does then it would make me feel more comfortable about it . But I can see going down bump road and having to break check … and possibly cracking . Also not fan of all gloss black from cleaning prospective
I agree not a fan either, definitely shows everything

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The all digital cluster doesn’t look like it’s protected at all . If you were get in crash or front end got rattled the digital cluster would crack . Same with the infotainment system. The Dual clutch transmission issue are well documented as well .. not fan of that.
I have the same color on mine but didn't go to the high end models because of the turbo with the tranny it has. Both are potential problems. My gauge cluster isn't all digital as well and the Infotainment center has knobs as well as a touch screen. My SEL in Sage Grey AWD is non-turbo with a regular 8 speed. Only 191 HP but it gets along fine and still tows 3500 lbs and I don't have that horrible hard roll up tonneau cover box taking up valuable space in the bed. Paid $31k and so good so far...got 29.7 MPG on my first 300 miles in bumper to bumper stop and go traffic for most of it and it fits right in my garage next to my Subaru. My previously owned RAM 1500 Limited 4x4 took up the whole garage.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the same color on mine but didn't go to the high end models because of the turbo with the tranny it has. Both are potential problems. My gauge cluster isn't all digital as well and the Infotainment center has knobs as well as a touch screen. My SEL in Sage Grey AWD is non-turbo with a regular 8 speed. Only 191 HP but it gets along fine and still tows 3500 lbs and I don't have that horrible hard roll up tonneau cover box taking up valuable space in the bed. Paid $31k and so good so far...got 29.7 MPG on my first 300 miles in bumper to bumper stop and go traffic for most of it and it fits right in my garage next to my Subaru. My previously owned RAM 1500 Limited 4x4 took up the whole garage.
Ok that’s better than maybe better off not going for entertainment system package then .
Sponsored