Hybrid Order Support Group

Zezeka

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Grand Caravan
Has anyone who has ordered a hybrid received a build confirmation? Hopefully most of you all aren’t in my situation and are banking on this car to replace a car I recently totaled. We’re in this together!
Sponsored

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a XLT Hybrid with order date of 7/8 and no scheduling word/email yet. I have a good car that I'm replacing with the Maverick, so I'm in no hurry. I feel your pain - hope you get your order before mine, so you will have something to drive soon. Mine is Carbonized Gray Metallic, so per the scheduling post today, looks like the CGM crew are the forgotten group again.

OP
OP
Zezeka

Zezeka

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Grand Caravan
Forgot to mention, mine is also a XLT and obviously a Hybrid with Area 51 paint. Order date of 14 July.

I did just see someone with a hybrid and an early July order date get scheduled. It honestly seems random.

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LMAO - awesome thread title! I'm a 6/21 First Edition Hybrid Order without a build date, so it'll take some patience along the way. Hopefully I'll get a scheduling email within the next month or so, but might not be a bad thing having a few other hybrids be the quality check guinea pigs ahead of me.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone who has ordered a hybrid received a build confirmation? Hopefully most of you all aren’t in my situation and are banking on this car to replace a car I recently totaled. We’re in this together!
JMHO, but you'd be better off buying an existing car than pinning all your hopes on a brand new vehicle on order with a manufacturing line that just started up.

Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Forgot to mention, mine is also a XLT and obviously a Hybrid with Area 51 paint. Order date of 14 July.

I did just see someone with a hybrid and an early July order date get scheduled. It honestly seems random.
It does seem random and mysterious. I'm thinking that this is Ford's 'round robin' approach of allocating 1 or 2 builds to every dealer in some complex algorithm that also takes into account their component availability projections. So you're seeing some late reservation dates from July and even one from August (!) getting scheduled, and I wonder if that was just one of the first few that a dealer was able to enter in the system... yet they may get at least some allocation like everyone else, as the 'round robin' keeps going around to each dealer in turn, so it got picked up.

See spreadsheet in my signature, Mr. Jack is entering stats, there are some hybrids.

Last edited:

MDRN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat First Edition Hybrid Rapid Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LMAO - awesome thread title! I'm a 6/21 First Edition Hybrid Order without a build date, so it'll take some patience along the way. Hopefully I'll get a scheduling email within the next month or so, but might not be a bad thing having a few other hybrids be the quality check guinea pigs ahead of me.
Not a bad point... Good thing I ordered the First Edition in Rapid Red with the splash guards. I will get mine last and see what's what before the production date even happens ;-)

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Perfect thread title. I ordered 7/21 -- hybrid Lariat Lux with hard rollup tonneau

I am not in the situation of needing a relatively immediate replacement for my current vehicle. BUUT, my 2013 Insight has about 100k miles on it, and I've already had a warranty repaired major mechanical failure, about 30k miles ago. Also, I want some time to prepare for taking on a car payment, so I'm hoping my current ride holds-up, and I don't have to get the financing until at least mid-December.

Do you all think Ford misjudged how popular the hybrid version would be? Do you think it was a bait and switch maneuver to get people excited for the hybrid, only to pump extra cash out of their customers in funneling them towards the 2.0 turbo models?

What do y'all think are the reasons why Ford emphasized the hybrid only get put hard limits on hybrid production?

To put it another way...is the hybrid delay a bug, or a feature in the development life cycle?

Dreams

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
Great thread title!

Our alto blue XLT hybrid with 360 & hitch receiver was ordered on 6/11. I am completely flummoxed that hydrid production is/will be at 35%. Makes no sense to me.

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
XLT lux hybrid here. Confirmation on 6/15. Hot pepper red, lux, sunroof, and all weather floor mats.

Sponsored

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
Lariat hybrid with an order date of 7/14 for me. My current daily driver wasn't recently totaled but it's got a hideous peeling paint problem, so I'm gonna offload it in the next couple weeks while I can still get a good offer on it due to the crazy used car market. I won't be carless then but I will be in a 2 seater, which won't make Costco runs very fun. :LOL:

Tjman

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Yep. Something ain’t right on the Hybrid orders. Seeing the posts on small quantities of transmissions produced is alarming. And I am definitely convinced we will not know the underlying reasons as any bad news would negatively impact the stock price. I guess the tip off was the Bronco situation. Extremely low expectations now! And if I see one more dealer YouTube video pretending to know what’s going on…….aaarghhh. All we know is that no one knows the naked truth - like Colonel Jessup said in A Few Good Men - You (we) can’t handle the truth !!!!!

Sitnbull

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford f-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
6/10 confirmation ,XLT ,lux, sunroof Gal Gray,,still waiting !

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Perfect thread title. I ordered 7/21 -- hybrid Lariat Lux with hard rollup tonneau

I am not in the situation of needing a relatively immediate replacement for my current vehicle. BUUT, my 2013 Insight has about 100k miles on it, and I've already had a warranty repaired major mechanical failure, about 30k miles ago. Also, I want some time to prepare for taking on a car payment, so I'm hoping my current ride holds-up, and I don't have to get the financing until at least mid-December.

Do you all think Ford misjudged how popular the hybrid version would be? Do you think it was a bait and switch maneuver to get people excited for the hybrid, only to pump extra cash out of their customers in funneling them towards the 2.0 turbo models?

What do y'all think are the reasons why Ford emphasized the hybrid only get put hard limits on hybrid production?

To put it another way...is the hybrid delay a bug, or a feature in the development life cycle?
I think hybrid is the base because it costs less, not because of how many it'll sell. I think part of the reason it costs less is because Ford is producing the engine in house. I think the reason for less hybrids right now is because they're producing the engine in house. Just my best guess.

DesertSweat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat, Honda HR-V 6spd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was one of the early orders at my dealership, so naturally, I'm sure I'll be last.
Sponsored