Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone have a built email?
Any news on the "Dec. 8th Date"?
Has anyone had a hybrid "built" in the tracker?
Does anyone have an ETA?

Mine was supposed to be built the week of No. 15th. My salesman said the actual date to be built was the 19th. I talked to him after that and he said it had been built.
Both trackers say it's still in production? No built email from Ford. Computer modules are populated. My window sticker date at the very bottom has changed 3 times, 11/10, 11/18, and this morning 11/26? I'm just trying to figure out if there has been any advancement towards actually getting my hybrid ;)
Sponsored

Mike6564

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda CX5
Does anyone have an ETA?

Mine was supposed to be built the week of No. 15th. My salesman said the actual date to be built was the 19th. I talked to him after that and he said it had been built.
Both trackers say it's still in production? No built email from Ford. Computer modules are populated. My window sticker date at the very bottom has changed 3 times, 11/10, 11/18, and this morning 11/26? I'm just trying to figure out if there has been any advancement towards actually getting my hybrid ;)
My hybrid was built Oct 13 still shows in production.. Others with hybrid orders have said the same.. My dealer says it will stay that way till ready to ship. Just waiting till January

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Does anyone have an ETA?

When the tracker moves to Shipped, that means it has been assigned a railcar and should be shipped out soon. Just join us, other Hybrid owners, on the porch, and enjoy the single malt scotch, we have a lot of waiting.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid was built Oct 8 and modules showed live when I checked soon after. We're all going to sit "in production" until somebody at Ford flips the switch and opens the floodgates.

OP
OP
rognus

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid was built Oct 8 and modules showed live when I checked soon after. We're all going to sit "in production" until somebody at Ford flips the switch and opens the floodgates.
Misery loves company :unsure: . It's nice to know that you're not alone in your agony;). It's a little hard seeing a lot of the EcoBoost orders being fulfilled and not a single hybrid order being completed.
I do wish there was some "official word" on when that will be. January deliveries seems a bit vague?
Even the Dec 8th date is not official is it? Do deliveries "start" after that date, if that is the date, or might they be on their way before that date?
Do the live modules actually indicate a built truck?

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's a little hard seeing a lot of the EcoBoost orders being fulfilled and not a single hybrid order being completed.
Personally this doesn't bother me one bit. I'm as interested in an Ecoboost Maverick as I am in being set on fire. I have no desire at all for it. So it doesn't bother me how many of those get delivered.

I'm hoping to have my hybrid by May. I ordered 10/5.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Misery loves company :unsure: . It's nice to know that you're not alone in your agony;). It's a little hard seeing a lot of the EcoBoost orders being fulfilled and not a single hybrid order being completed.
I do wish there was some "official word" on when that will be. January deliveries seems a bit vague?
Even the Dec 8th date is not official is it? Do deliveries "start" after that date, if that is the date, or might they be on their way before that date?
Do the live modules actually indicate a built truck?
I do believe that live modules indicate a built truck.

I've never seen anything showing that the December 8th date is "official". On October 12, the forum Administrator posted Dec 8 as being confirmed by a source at Ford in THIS POST.
What is interesting is one day prior, on October 11, a post was made that has since been deleted, but is shown as a quote in MY POST HERE that states basically the same date and gives the reason for the delay as an "engineering change".

For months I've believed the hybrid delay was due to EPA mileage and emissions certifications. But we have had EPA mileage and emissions certifications on our window stickers for quite a while now. This combined with the fact that my window sticker originally showed a blend date of 9/29 and now my current sticker shows 10/27 has convinced me that there is some kind of re-work to the hybrids going on, the engineering change, if you will. If it's just software changes or actual changes to mechanical components we will probably never know.

My guess is will will see hybrids starting to show up on the tracker as "built" and starting to ship around the first or second week of December. A few may even see retail delivery around the end of the year.

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When the tracker moves to Shipped, that means it has been assigned a railcar and should be shipped out soon. Just join us, other Hybrid owners, on the porch, and enjoy the single malt scotch, we have a lot of waiting.
At the rate this company is going on Hybrids, you better have a lot of cases on hand to tide you over.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

At the rate this company is going on Hybrids, you better have a lot of cases on hand to tide you over.
LOL, happen to have a case of The Macallan Edition No. 6 got it on our last trip to Scottland, you don't need much to enjoy it. There is plenty for all.

JanTheSexyVektan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lessee, I ordered, or got the confirmation, June 30th. I received the "Your vehicle is scheduled for production" email on Oct 14 listing a build week of Dec 6 and nothing since. I don't know. I don't drink scotch...yet.
My fantasy right now is for it all to come together with no drama or misleading emails/reschedules. I could live with later as long as there is no nail biting nonsense in the meantime.

Sponsored

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do believe that live modules indicate a built truck.

I've never seen anything showing that the December 8th date is "official". On October 12, the forum Administrator posted Dec 8 as being confirmed by a source at Ford in THIS POST.
What is interesting is one day prior, on October 11, a post was made that has since been deleted, but is shown as a quote in MY POST HERE that states basically the same date and gives the reason for the delay as an "engineering change".

For months I've believed the hybrid delay was due to EPA mileage and emissions certifications. But we have had EPA mileage and emissions certifications on our window stickers for quite a while now. This combined with the fact that my window sticker originally showed a blend date of 9/29 and now my current sticker shows 10/27 has convinced me that there is some kind of re-work to the hybrids going on, the engineering change, if you will. If it's just software changes or actual changes to mechanical components .

My guess is will will see hybrids starting to show up on the tracker as "built" and starting to ship around the first or second week of December. A few may even see retail delivery around the end of the year.
Thanks Big T! I have been wondering myself about the long hybrid delay. EPA mpg issued weeks ago but the first deliveries still at least 1 month away. This did not happen with the ecoboosts, they were shipped mid Sept not long after official MPG was issued. Maybe Ford is worried news of an engineering change will hurt their stock.

You said we will probably never know, but this is contrary to Ford's promise:

In the Oct 21 Ford email that gave hybrid order holders the free stuff, there was no apology for the hybrid delay. It said "Your 2022 Maverick Hybrid pickup will be delivered next year, and rest assured that we'll continue to keep you updated." Well, next year they may say, sorry hybrids will now not be delivered until March. It is reasonable to expect keeping us updated would include the actual reason already built hybrids are still sitting at the factory.

I asked my dealer the reason for the delay and he and told me he does not believe the EPA is still an excuse, but Ford has not even told him why. He seemed a little upset because with so few cars to sell, this is holding up his commissions. Seeing his bare lot, I actually feel bad for him.

Can someone at Ford reply here and give us the official updates we were promised ever since Oct 21? Coming from anyone else, it will only be speculation.

Last edited:

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It would seem like ordering and waiting on a Maverick entails a fair amount of drinking LOL . I am only 3 weeks in and my consumption is up a tad:)

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Ford must have thousands of built hybrids just sitting around Hermosillo, waiting. I find it highly suspicious that it has anything to do at all with emissions or EPA. I’d put my money on the “engineering” issue……..aka…….fixing a problem. Better to do it there than release them and have us deal with it. I’m sure Ford is the last entity that wants these vehicles sitting and not becoming actual sales dollars, especially with year end approaching. That alone makes me think that whatever is causing the delay may be a big deal.

or maybe not. Picked another bad year to stop drinking, smoking and, well, pretty much everything else.

Mavman123

First Name
Joe Shmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick XLT
Thanks Big T! I have been wondering myself about the long hybrid delay. EPA mpg issued weeks ago but the first deliveries still at least 1 month away. This did not happen with the ecoboosts, they were shipped mid Sept not long after official MPG was issued. Maybe Ford is worried news of an engineering change will hurt their stock.

You said we will probably never know, but this is contrary to Ford's promise:

In the Oct 21 Ford email that gave hybrid order holders the free stuff, there was no apology for the hybrid delay. It said "Your 2022 Maverick Hybrid pickup will be delivered next year, and rest assured that we'll continue to keep you updated." Well, next year they may say, sorry hybrids will now not be delivered until March. It is reasonable to expect keeping us updated would include the actual reason already built hybrids are still sitting at the factory.

If built hybrids sit unused, their batteries can degrade. If you take delivery on one that sat without knowing if Ford replaced the battery, you may have to spend a few thousand 1-2 years earlier than normal to replace the battery. This alone is a valid reason Ford needs to tell us what is going on.

I asked my dealer the reason for the delay and he and told me he does not believe the EPA is still an excuse, but Ford has not even told him why. He seemed a little upset because with so few cars to sell, this is holding up his commissions. Seeing his bare lot, I actually feel bad for him.

Can someone at Ford reply here and give us the official updates we were promised ever since Oct 21? Coming from anyone else, it will only be speculation.
A hybrid battery won't degrade anymore from sitting not being used for a few months then it will from being regularly driven for those few months. Especially if they are being stored with adequate charge (~20 to 80%)

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If built hybrids sit unused, their batteries can degrade. If you take delivery on one that sat without knowing if Ford replaced the battery, you may have to spend a few thousand 1-2 years earlier than normal to replace the battery. This alone is a valid reason Ford needs to tell us what is going on.
None of them are going to sit long enough for traction battery degradation. Prior to the pandemic and supply chain issues (especially during periods of low gas prices) hybrids would sit for so much longer than any of these Mavericks. Yet there is no evidence of any widespread battery issues. Personally, our household purchased an Optima Hybrid 6 years ago that had sat on the dealer lot for more than a year. No issues.

You're just working yourself up. Try to relax. (y)
Sponsored