Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like I said I had a chat with a rep. And she confirmed that 7 hybrid's we're available and asked how soon I'd like to get one.
Then I informed her about my order and she apologized and said she'd contact online sales.
I won't hold my breath.
Dealer web chat reps are often outsourced/chat-bots or a glorified sales scheduler who is paid to get you in the door but doesn't really know anything.
Sponsored

OP
OP

mikejohn13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess it's possible there from people who changed their minds but it still pisses me off the lack of information from FORD about what's going on.
BTW it's Penske Ford La Mesa for any one in San Diego who wants to check them out.
I plan on at least looking at one this weekend just to see it.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is no OK to Buy issued yet for Hybrids. It may be coming soon. But it ain't happened yet. So mark me down as skeptical for this being dealer stock.

Last edited:

russross

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess it's possible there from people who changed their minds but it still pisses me off the lack of information from FORD about what's going on.
BTW it's Penske Ford La Mesa for any one in San Diego who wants to check them out.
Do they have actual pictures posted? If they only use stock photos that's a pretty good indicator that they don't actually have it on the lot.

Clive

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer has one hybrid advertised on their website, but the window sticker has a blend date of 10/27/21, so I'm sure it's not on the lot. Probably the same deal down in San Diego.

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For grin's and giggles I went on my dealers website and to my surprise there's 20 Maverick's and 7 of which are hybrids.
WTF kind of B.S is Ford pulling on us.
I had an online chat and it WAS conformed so to say I'm pissed off is a major understament
They are just F**ing with you my dealers website here in Hawaii said they have Hybrids on the lot! They won't get Hybrids on their lot till all customer orders are filled 🤙

OP
OP

mikejohn13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do they have actual pictures posted? If they only use stock photos that's a pretty good indicator that they don't actually have it on the lot.
Yes they do
I saw at least one that's when I started to chat with the rep

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went on the Penske website and pulled up a list of the hybrid Mavericks for sale.

Then I plugged the first 3 VINs on the list into the Ford window sticker website.

Same result in all cases: "The window sticker has not yet been released for this vehicle."

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Whats to stop the dealership salesmen from ordering Hybrids and then just turning them over to the dealership so they can get their sales numbers up? Wouldn't Ford just see that as an individual order?

OP
OP

mikejohn13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went on the Penske website and pulled up a list of the hybrid Mavericks for sale.

Then I plugged the first 3 VINs on the list into the Ford window sticker website.

Same result in all cases: "The window sticker has not yet been released for this vehicle."
Figures
I didn't think of doing that

Sponsored

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer web chat reps are often outsourced/chat-bots or a glorified sales scheduler who is paid to get you in the door but doesn't really know anything.
Spot on. The BDC reps sole goal is to get you in the door and they’ll say just about anything to get you in the dealership.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes they do [have pictures posted]
I looked at the list of Mavericks at Penske La Mesa and three had pictures. It was all the same picture. When you click on it you see this:
Ford Maverick Hybrid Mavericks on sale in San Diego 1635980809481

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Whats to stop the dealership salesmen from ordering Hybrids and then just turning them over to the dealership so they can get their sales numbers up? Wouldn't Ford just see that as an individual order?
That's what the ROVP process is for. Also Ford watches the rate of conversion from order to sale. It's why the surprise $10k markup on delivery is kind of FUD.

kpregan34

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Buick Rainer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes they do
I saw at least one that's when I started to chat with the rep
Unfortunately, dealers will tell you they have vehicles in stock and when you go, they're either sold or not there yet. Just trying to get people through the door.

Last edited:

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
I got a VIN number for "my" hybrid on August 12th. Means nothing. Will be lucky to drive off the lot before February.
Sponsored