Sponsored

StuMav

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Is that a drop in liner? Or just wet? Looks smoother than spray in. Just curious
Looks to me it's a nothing liner. Color of truck is carbonized, and bed looks carbonized too
Sponsored

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
Last edited:

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2011 Fusion Hybrid - 95,000 miles - 40.6 MPG here
Does your hybrid say how many of those are electric miles? Could you figure out what percent is electric miles?

Sponsored

buckaroo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
EPA always low balls to play it safe from the years the manufactures were lying through their teeth. They got my Honda Fit with plain gas at 40 on the hwy. I average close to 50, of course I'm running premium gas. I only do to get extended range. City I average 35 +, the EPA says 33.

If Ford says the Maverick is aiming for 40 hwy. believe it and you'll probably even do better if you drive responsibly. The beauty of it all is loaded down you'll still get over 30. The Maverick is only doable for me with that hybrid and then only because it's affordable.

I'm not willing to pay close to $30k for a hybrid that can't even out do my straight gas vehicle and in most cases can't even come close to it's 'utility'. I'm all for the environment, which is why I use steel buckshot in my homemade ;), but we must be practical as well right.

Last edited:

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does your hybrid say how many of those are electric miles? Could you figure out what percent is electric miles?
With my 2014 it tracks electric miles on a per ignition cycle and trip (1 and 2) basis. Although the trips seem to eventually 'roll over' and get kinda funky; I'll have an older trip showing less EV miles than a more recent reset. Trip also appears to take in consideration fuel burned during remote start while the regular MPG gauge only watches when on.

I average about 50-60% EV miles on my 20 mi commute which is approx 50% 40mph, 50% 55-60mph. About 43mpg during the summer, like 39 in the winter counting remote start fuel. To be fair that's with much of the upper grille blocked off for aero since the summer temps aren't typically crazy here. The Maverick should do that on its own since it has active shutters on both upper and lower openings.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With my 2014 it tracks electric miles on a per ignition cycle and trip (1 and 2) basis. Although the trips seem to eventually 'roll over' and get kinda funky; I'll have an older trip showing less EV miles than a more recent reset. Trip also appears to take in consideration fuel burned during remote start while the regular MPG gauge only watches when on.

I average about 50-60% EV miles on my 20 mi commute which is approx 50% 40mph, 50% 55-60mph. About 43mpg during the summer, like 39 in the winter counting remote start fuel. To be fair that's with much of the upper grille blocked off for aero since the summer temps aren't typically crazy here. The Maverick should do that on its own since it has active shutters on both upper and lower openings.
Asking to conjecture from this post: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...r-seats-folded-w-headrests-removed-pics.2111/

Looking good...

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It will be interesting to see how much the smaller battery capacity in the Maverick plays out. But if the newer hybrids allow more power off the line that'll help a lot. EV motor power threshold at low speeds is kind of mediocre on mine, and it takes a bit of finesse and patience in the 10-20 mph range. The only time it becomes really competent is when it goes into EV+ mode as it approaches common destinations and unlocks more power usage and deeper battery drain.

D Janke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat !
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If theres a way to break this out to electric miles, I'm an old dog and unaware how to do it.
Sorry, I'm of no help on that one.

Sponsored

996ttderm

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, F150, Porsche, Prius, Tahoe
Folded position looks like shit. Unappealing…Ford should have designated better. 37 mpg is acceptable for combo city/highway. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: bgn

midcoastme

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 PT Cruisers & Maverick Lariat Hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Anyone with previous hybrid experience know if that's bad or good? I know it's fairly dependent on driving conditions and all, but ball park it.
I would compare this to our 2015 C-max hybrid. I've kept records of fill-ups and mileages, repairs, etc. and after 62 months of ownership we've traveled 64,259 miles of which 28,951 have been electric. That equates to 45% electric. Average mpg for the 5+ years is 42.3.

midcoastme

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 PT Cruisers & Maverick Lariat Hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Folded position looks like shit. Unappealing…Ford should have designated better. 37 mpg is acceptable for combo city/highway. Thanks for posting.
I kind of agree, I was hoping for a more "finished" look. Out of all the videos on YouTube I've seen only one mentioned the seat back folded down...emphasis has been on the seat flipping up.

IEZ69

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 kia niro 2022 Ford Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I own a 2014 chevy volt plug in hybrid. Over 120k miles my average is 48.2 mpg. I get 30 miles typically on battery. I drive almost 70-80 miles per day all Freeway. The volt was not designed for this but I still manage pretty good mileage. A customer of mine has 4 Prius and they average between 40 and 45. I live in Phoenix. It all comes down to how you drive. In the volt which is very aerodynamic I find that every 5 mph over 65 increases my power consumption by 10-15%. I also found that the volt drives best at a top speed of not more than 70. So in this case if you drive 80 mph it will use 30-45% more fuel/power vs 65 mph to maintain that speed simply from wind resistance.
I own a 2017 kia niro touring launch edition and average about 43 mpg. I too notice once I start going over 65 I lose more mileage. I have 18" rims so I don't get as mileage as the 16 ones. Still pretty good though. Most of my miles are freeway about 45 during the week. I'm good with how many miles it seems the maverick is going to get.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to a Ford Trainer I spoke with, the rear seat back was never designed to fold flat, it was designed only to allow access to the tire jack located back there. Just the words of one Ford employee, so it's not gospel!
Sponsored