Sponsored

Do you fold down your back seats, got pics ?

Motorjunkie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 vette, 71Fiat 850, 91 Mercedes 500SL, 2001 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the replies, hoping someone can share pics of the seat backs folded down.

I realize the seat backs won't fold flat, which is ok for me.

Not looking to fold up the seats

I will utilize the bed with a divider or cargo net for somethings but....

I am looking to haul groceries in the climate controlled back seat for a long distance... more than 2 hours.
TAKE THE SEAT OUT
Sponsored

OP
OP

TopGun22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TopGun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SONATA GL Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There’s way too many electronics behind the back seat to even take a chance on folding it down.

There’s a lot of other excellent suggestions others posted. Try one of those to meet your needs.
I already decided to get a pet cover

rallyshark

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took the stupid seat out completely and stored it in the attic, then built an awesome storage area where the seat was. I used the jack attachment studs to anchor the back and the pockets that anchor the seat bottom and used a threaded cross bolt to secure the front, built it out if 7/16 osb, I bought 18# gas struts for the lids. The seat is poorly designed and gobbles up too much room.

IMG20230412125343.jpg

IMG20230412125331.jpg
Oh wow, you did it proper on that seat removal! I don't know about the color palette or the cushions, but you made it all fit very well. I'd like to see some more pictures of this from a wider angle. I like the idea of what you did there!

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm a sound quality guy, and don't care if everyone else hears it. That being said, there's no getting around the need for a good sub for quality sound. I love my music, so it is one of the things I enjoy most with all of my driving. It drives me nuts when it just doesn't sound good. I also have a love for all of the things you mentioned, which brings me to another thing. The ability to stow gun cases in the back is also a necessity for me when not working. The dog insists on riding shotgun, so the back is storage only. The plywood(or other material) is a good idea, if it can be executed properly and cleanly. I agree on the hinged setup too. Being mine will be a hybrid, I will still need to be able to access the battery etc.. Of course, sound deadening will be applied to the back wall first. That should make a significant difference in the noise in the cabin.

Either way, I'm sure there's a solution for removing that seat for those of us who don't need it. The hardest part for me will be finding a "clean" solution that holds up well with use.
I was actually considering just finding some old school gun racks like we used to have in the back window and attaching to the rear panel piece. Then basically having a drop cloth type thing that rolls up to cover them up. I rarely have anything in a case. Spot a coyote, badger, gopher, etc. in a field it requires a quick access. I agree about the clean solution for sure. I'm about as redneck as it gets, but I like to think I haven't devolved to white trash status just yet.

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pull the back seat out, no worries about it folding flat. You can haul a lot of groceries this way.

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am still waiting for my truck, but I was planning on putting a 2x6 across the back where the indentations are and then throwing a few Rubbermade totes in there. I park in a two door garage that has a wall built down the middle so using the rear for storage means easier access when parked.
I tried the 2x6 and found it heavy to remove , so I had a 1x8 or 10 or 12 laying around cut it to length and screwed a piece of furring strip to the ends to take up space so it dont flop around in the slots in the bed and spray painted it black its light and easy to remove. All my car cleaning stuff and grocery bags fit just right.

Old Fart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Oh wow, you did it proper on that seat removal! I don't know about the color palette or the cushions, but you made it all fit very well. I'd like to see some more pictures of this from a wider angle. I like the idea of what you did there!
I used what I had on hand for the fabric, the upholstery shop wanted $125/ yard plus $100 shipping to get something close to the seat colors, it would have taken 3 yards to do the work, the plaid wifey had the stars on navy Walmart had for $14. The OSB I had, and the 3/4 ply was leftover from the same thing I did in the PriusV and carpeted. Lowe's color matched the fit panel to the paint on the outside the is ide was a mistint I had.
Ford Maverick Do you fold down your back seats, got pics ? 20230331_102757-COLLAGE
Ford Maverick Do you fold down your back seats, got pics ? IMG20230330145539

rallyshark

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the pics Mark! I was just messing with ya on the upholstery, function is form after all, so I get it. I bet you have so much more useable space in the back of that Maverick now!

Sponsored

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice horse!
Thanks! He is Franco, a registered Percheron draft horse that we raised. Over 17H and 1,800 pounds. He is a turbo-charged road horse.

Ford Maverick Do you fold down your back seats, got pics ? Franco 4 20190528

Ford Maverick Do you fold down your back seats, got pics ? Franco 20171104

However, he will not fit in the back seat of a Maverick even if you take all the seat cushions out.

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Horses are nature's most beautiful creation.
Sponsored