Hybrid check engine light comes on

FirstHybrid

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
1708 miles check engine light comes on after a full throttle freeway entry...I knew all was fine had driven 250 to Pismo and Cambria. Boom after 1 hour light is off,Yeah good car did it's cycles and it went off!!! I knew nothing was wrong checked everything !!! All good light went off!!

Ford Maverick Hybrid check engine light comes on PXL_20220129_201437945

Ford Maverick Hybrid check engine light comes on PXL_20220130_004124501.MP
Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
It threw a code for a reason. It's good it went off but if continues to happen it might be worth scheduling an appoint at the dealer just in case. They can use a scanner to see what the code was for and if there is an issue it will be fixed under warranty.

OP
OP
FirstHybrid

FirstHybrid

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
It threw a code for a reason. It's good it went off but if continues to happen it might be worth scheduling an appoint at the dealer just in case. They can use a scanner to see what the code was for and if there is an issue it will be fixed under warranty.
Yes ,of course thank you!! I will scan it and have it checked was happy it cycled.. Blow it up under warranty is always the plan.💪

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If it was steady on, most likely an emissions issue. You say you really stepped on it to enter freeway, computer saw abysmal gas mileage and threw the appropiate code.

If it comes on and starts blinking, pull over immediately. There is something seriously wrong.

Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1708 miles check engine light comes on after a full throttle freeway entry...I knew all was fine had driven 250 to Pismo and Cambria. Boom after 1 hour light is off,Yeah good car did it's cycles and it went off!!! I knew nothing was wrong checked everything !!! All good light went off!!

PXL_20220129_201437945.jpg

PXL_20220130_004124501.MP.jpg
My older sister used to use the “ so and so was having a cow” reference all the time.

Jargman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
the same thing happened to me. I wasn’t going full throttle but I was pushing it as I was entering a freeway going uphill and all of a sudden it came on. I wonder what the issue is.

Shreddy027

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had the check engine light around 1800 miles as well. I got P0811 code on OBD reader and it is tied to Transmission slippage. I went to dealership and they reset the code. Asked me to come back when the Check engine light comes back again for them to diagnose the issue

OP
OP
FirstHybrid

FirstHybrid

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
the same thing happened to me. I wasn’t going full throttle but I was pushing it as I was entering a freeway going uphill and all of a sudden it came on. I wonder what the issue is.
It's no big deal it has not come on again and I've done the same thing it's all the sensors and all the engine and all the CVT learning to work together. Truck has been perfect since I love it.

RyanP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a hybrid Lariat FE. @~2500 miles now.

I had the same code P0811 on 2/24. I let the car sit for a little over a day and drove it a short trip and the light went off. I took it to the dealer yesterday and they still have it. Still pending diagnosis.
They did say it could be a bad clutch, flywheel, clutch damper, or bad sensor. They wanted more time w/ it.

While the light was on I did experience strange brake issues. If your stopped at a red light and traffic moves forward and your foot is on the brake keeping the trucks topped and you let up a little and creep forward to follow traffic to get the truck to stop again the pedal goes dead about 2-3x the force you had it prior to hold the truck still. Its not like the pedal goes dead like air in the lines. Once the CEL went off this seemed to go away. I noticed this pretty heavily for the first 2400 miles while at red lights or drive throughs or parking in my garage where I have inches of clearance in my tight garage.

Still getting great MPG and really no other driving issues.

Sponsored

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I had the same code P0811 on 2/24. I let the car sit for a little over a day and drove it a short trip and the light went off. I took it to the dealer yesterday and they still have it. Still pending diagnosis.
They did say it could be a bad clutch, flywheel, clutch damper, or bad sensor. They wanted more time w/ it.

While the light was on I did experience strange brake issues. If your stopped at a red light and traffic moves forward and your foot is on the brake keeping the trucks topped and you let up a little and creep forward to follow traffic to get the truck to stop again the pedal goes dead about 2-3x the force you had it prior to hold the truck still. Its not like the pedal goes dead like air in the lines. Once the CEL went off this seemed to go away. I noticed this pretty heavily for the first 2400 miles while at red lights or drive throughs or parking in my garage where I have inches of clearance in my tight garage.

Clutch??

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Technically there is a fixed clutch pack between the engine flywheel and input of the transmission as a fail safe if there's a power/load mismatch in either direction so things don't break. Presumably there's some function monitoring ICE engine RPM to trans input speed and a discrepancy there is flagging the CEL.

Shreddy027

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I have the same exact issue with braking and check engine light as well.

I have been averaging between 28-31 on Hybrid XLT

RyanP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the same exact issue with braking and check engine light as well.

I have been averaging between 28-31 on Hybrid XLT
Seems to have gone away once the CEL went off on its own. Dealer just cleared it and sent me on my way. Hopefully it wont come back.

Your MPG is low, maybe its cause your in the COLD climates? I am getting tank avg 37.8 and when its under 50mph 45mpg

OP
OP
FirstHybrid

FirstHybrid

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Seems to have gone away once the CEL went off on its own. Dealer just cleared it and sent me on my way. Hopefully it wont come back.

Your MPG is low, maybe its cause your in the COLD climates? I am getting tank avg 37.8 and when its under 50mph 45mpg
Mine has never come back on, only came on the one time. Very pleased with my hybrid! I'm glad it came on that means it works, and I'm glad it cleared itself. If not of course I would have taken it into a dealership.
Sponsored