First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Picked up my HYBRID XLT Dec 23rd...hit the 2,000 mile mark today. The key word I will use is "OUTSTANDING". In Michigan, winter time, I pre start my truck, heat cranked much of the time...I am still averaging 36-40 MPG. During warmer periods, with the MPG reset, I have experienced low 40s in the city...the highway....a different story. On I94 going 72 MPH, I have averaged 28-32 depending on winds etc.

The fit and finish is impressive. No issues to speak of. Seats very comfortable for my 5-10' 235 pound ass. Truck drives smooth. Good pick up speed when I need it. I drive pretty conservatively, and expect to pick up 4-5 MPG in the spring/summer.

Overall, I clearly give the Maverick a 10 on a 1-10 scale....AND I have owned 15 BRAND new cars and trucks over the past 23 years. Currently have a 2021 full size bronco 4 door sasquatch and the Maverick Hybrid. Ford Lightning on order as well. I have owned everything from all electric cars, to Diesel trucks to corvettes and mustangs. I feel I can give a legitimate review for fellow potential buyers.

The one thing I hear, mostly from FORD EMPLOYEES, who work with my old lady...they HATE the maverick...not for ANY paticular reason, hell NOT one own one....just due to the "size and stature"....they all drive F250s, F150, explorers etc...they think the escape, maverick and anything in that category are "shit boxes"....but I know better.

No issues with heat, glass, radio, suspension, engine, starting, braking...anything. NOTHING but a raving review from me.

Safe travels! Bob in Michigan.

Ford Maverick Hybrid 2,000 mile review maverickcactusgray
Ford Maverick Hybrid 2,000 mile review AMBbronco
Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I feel the same about mine!

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice review. I'm at 1500k and feel the same about mine. 10/10. Interesting to hear how some FoMoCo employees feel. My two previous vehicles have been a 05 Colorado and a 12 honda fit. The mav feels a decent bit better than the Fit and let's not even bother comparing it to the chevy lol. Now that was a shitbox. Neither ever let me down mechanically tho. The mav is identical in size to that old truck and to the old ranger. No idea why people think it's too small. Everything else it just too damn big.

OP
OP
Bobinmi

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice review. I'm at 1500k and feel the same about mine. 10/10. Interesting to hear how some FoMoCo employees feel. My two previous vehicles have been a 05 Colorado and a 12 honda fit. The mav feels a decent bit better than the Fit and let's not even bother comparing it to the chevy lol. Now that was a shitbox. Neither ever let me down mechanically tho. The mav is identical in size to that old truck and to the old ranger. No idea why people think it's too small. Everything else it just too damn big.
Mostly male employees with the monster truck syndrome.
Sponsored