HTX Mavericks

BobbyM

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Over 3500 miles on mine now. In the colorful and entertaining Alief area.
And a friend just took delivery in the exact same spec as mine but hybrid from a June order from DeMontrond. They got him several $$$$ extra on tint, nitrogen, wheel locks and paint protection.
I hated to point it out to him but...... It didnt have tint, wheel locks, green valve caps and i didnt even bring up the paint protection.
Never trust Demontrond. I tried to order a Maverick last November and they said over the phone MSRP + TT&L only no ADM. When they filled out the contract it had all those same add-ons you mentioned and I told them I did not want those and was told "We put it on all new car orders" it's non negotiable. I tore up the contract at the salesperson's desk and walked out. Salesperson hollered across show room to me "Good luck finding a dealer that won't have add-ons". I didn't respond.

Well, she was partly right because I had tried calling several local Ford dealerships (Tomball, Planet and Friendly Ford) and they all said there would be mark-ups on Maverick orders. I ended up ordering from Chapman Ford in Philadelphia and got it for 4% under invoice with no mark-ups. Just a $425 Courtesy Delivery fee to have it delivered to Helfman Ford.

Best part, it only took 69 days from order to delivery. I live north of Houston. Like my Maverick so much I have a Lariat on order.

Ford Maverick HTX Mavericks image0
Sponsored

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for sharing! Lots of good info.
I may very well order from Chapman once ā€˜23 orders open up.

Canā€™t decide if I should go Lariat or base XLā€¦.looks like I still have a while to figure it out.

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Never trust Demontrond. I tried to order a Maverick last November and they said over the phone MSRP + TT&L only no ADM. When they filled out the contract it had all those same add-ons you mentioned and I told them I did not want those and was told "We put it on all new car orders" it's non negotiable.
grossly overpriced add-on's is demeaning enough.
i removed a hubcap and no useless wheel locks. the tinted rear windows and back glass appear identical to my "non tinted" example. nitrogen fill is bogus, but at least you usually get a green valve stem cap of some sort, right? and the surface finish of his A51 XL wasn't much different than my six month old A51 XL. i don't know how to verify his paint protection but i'll guess it nothing more than selecting "The Works!" package at your gas station drive through car wash.....
Helfman didn't play those games.

IslaDelDan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 & 2019 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My experience with Classic Ford in Galveston was very good. Ask for Taylor Whitehurst who is the sales manager. No mark-ups or added junk. Down to earth and just matter of fact about placing an order.
Now on to yesterday - on the Seawall in Galveston I passed an oxford white work Mav (XL) with orange cones in the bed and paper plates. Then closer to the Pleasure Pier passed a parked grey Mav with paper plates. That's a record for me - two Mav's in one day!
At over 3K miles mine is exceeding expectations. Had an over 6' friend in the rear seat yesterday and he was comfortable.
Best to you all who are waiting on your Mav's!

BobbyM

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
grossly overpriced add-on's is demeaning enough.
i removed a hubcap and no useless wheel locks. the tinted rear windows and back glass appear identical to my "non tinted" example. nitrogen fill is bogus, but at least you usually get a green valve stem cap of some sort, right? and the surface finish of his A51 XL wasn't much different than my six month old A51 XL. i don't know how to verify his paint protection but i'll guess it nothing more than selecting "The Works!" package at your gas station drive through car wash.....
Helfman didn't play those games.
Didn't have any financial or paperwork dealings with Helfman. They just handled the delivery from factory, pre-delivery inspection, state inspection and transfer title work. I just picked the truck up there. I had to do all paperwork through overnight mail with Chapman in PA. Chapman Ford overnight titlework to Helfman and paid them CD fee of $425 and I went and got the truck.

What you are saying happened to your friend from Demontrond is what I have read for years these dealerships do with useless add-ons. Most of the time they are printed words on a contract and no real product is applied to the vehicle because people can't tell. All a scam, but in todays market hard to avoid.

I have another Maverick ordered, a Lariat, and I ordered it from out of state. I ordered it from Tim at Long McArthur in Salina KS. It will be a while as I ordered it on the last day Jan 27th. Now I will have to make a choice on which to sell or maybe keep both. Maybe I will see you and your Mav around as I live up 242 in New Caney.

Sponsored

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the tip about Classic.
mom seeing more mavs too. In fact a nearby neighbor had 2 XLs parked in his driveway. That was a first!

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2 in 1 driveway... šŸ˜³ that's just gettin greedy. But also I'm kinda jealous
Right?! Hybrids too! Mac Haik paper plates.
That was my first chance to see the XL trim in person. I actually liked it.

FDT93

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra, Tucson, 1986 Merkur XR4Ti
Update, first fill up and I averaged 26. Not too shabby šŸ˜‰. As a reminder mine has the 4k tow package so technically should be the worst for gas mileage
Same here with the 4k and AWD. I took it on a road trip last weekend and was averaging over 27 mpg in eco mode. That dropped to about 26 on the drive home due to some stiff headwinds. Finished the tank at 25.5 mpg after a rush-hour trip to and from the office where I made good use of the turbo whenever there was an opening in traffic. :) Overall very pleased with the mileage.

Sponsored

Veritech

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RAV4 Hybrid, 2007 MX-5, 2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick HTX Mavericks 5A55E444-C6CF-47E0-A1A6-90FD8F297F93

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I got an email from Planet Ford today to get on the reservation list. Apparently they are expecting a lot of orders (surprise surprise) and I went ahead and placed an ā€œorderā€ with them that we will amend once the system opens and itā€™s actually received by Ford. They said in writing ā€œthere will be no markupā€. Weā€™ll see. No money down yet.

Also had Long Lewis call me to do the same. They wanted a $100 deposit to get on the reservation list for first day order submittal.

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A blue one just moved into the neighborhood, a few blocks away from me. So I can now see one in person every day. Think it's an XL since it's got steelies.

Mxer97

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 mav xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is scheduled for June 13th buildā€¦. Canā€™t wait!
Sponsored

Reactions: HTX