How's the Interior noise? NVH?

Chasdev

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Silverado 14 Accord
My dealers in Austin won't let anyone other than the person who committed to buying the truck to sit in or test drive them.
They say Covid rules prevent the possible contamination by "lookers".
Here's where my problem comes in.
I won't buy a vehicle that I can't at least sit in before I hand over money.
Guess we're going to wait till next year (perhaps sooner with luck) for the dealers to have one on the showroom floor for inspection.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got to see 3 today. White XLT FXR package. An area51 XLT no options and Cactus gray LXT Lariat. Just delivered. 1st two already sold tags. Pretty impressed. No time for demo. Hopefully Lariat is there tomorrow.

Ribwich

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
270 miles on and I like the way it rides. It's smooth and bumps are noticeable but most are not jarring. There is very little road noise and no interior rattles. The interior pieces seem to be all firmly installed.

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Ford Maverick How's the Interior noise? NVH? 10376FA0-EBAF-4B5F-9736-235A993729B3

I’m curious if anyone out there uses this noise level app to find out what the noise level is inside the cab. I used this in my Grand Cherokee, and the max was 71, until an idiot with a fart can accelerated next to me.

Sponsored

Billybob

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
I honestly haven't noticed any interior rattles, but I've only driven mine two days. I'd say wind and road noise is about typical for small suvs and passenger cars. I haven't noticed any hood fluttering any anything odd like that. And I have a moon roof but can't hear it whistling or anything. With teenage boys in the house, I'm frequently in a Mazda 3, a Hyundai Elantra, and a Toyota Highlander, and I'd say it's just as quiet as the Mazda and Hyundai, and pretty close to the Toyota. But that's just my opinion.
I own a 2017 Mazda 3 and it has more road noise than any car I've ever owned. Even online reviews of the 2017 Mazda 3 the road noise was noted. This is my 3rd Mazda and I love the way it drives and handles, but if I had done a freeway test drive, due to wind and road noise, I'd have passed on it. I will pay a lot more attention to road noise "whenever" my Maverick come in.

Spike

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FWIW I find my MAV is noticeably quieter all around than my 2019 Ranger was. I found my Ranger had a lot of road noise (yes it had ATs on it but so does my MAV) and the MAV is just more pleasant than my Ranger ever was for me.

As for ride and as you may expect, the ride is so much more comfortable in the MAV than my Ranger. Every bit of on-road driving has been better for me and I'm not an old guy by any means, it's just more comfortable and not all neck bouncy like the Ranger was. It's like driving an SUV which my wife loves and my elderly mom loves now that she can actually get into my vehicle without a step. People can say it's not a real truck all they want but I love the damn thing already and have no regrets about dumping my Ranger for it.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I own a 2017 Mazda 3 and it has more road noise than any car I've ever owned. Even online reviews of the 2017 Mazda 3 the road noise was noted. This is my 3rd Mazda and I love the way it drives and handles, but if I had done a freeway test drive, due to wind and road noise, I'd have passed on it. I will pay a lot more attention to road noise "whenever" my Maverick come in.
Hopefully you ordered package with sound screen windshield. No wind noise in my Lariat.

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The Maverick I test drove was a 2.0L AWD with the FX4 & tow package. I noticed a little tire noise, but that could have been becuase they were the AT tires and not worn in yet. I did notice quite a bit of wind noise even though it wasn't that windy outside. I heard a couple owners had bad door seals so I'm guessing that may have been the case on the demo and that is where the wind noise was coming from.

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reviewers have been all over the place on the NVH front. Some praising how quiet they are, other indicating there's significant noise, naming the engine (2.0), and wind noise at highway speeds past the windshield & A-pillars. Consumer Reports on their 'initial' testing, as they build the 2000 miles before officially testing, pointed out the wind noise around the windshield & a-pillars, and on coarse pavement some road noise. - Their test mule is a pretty much loaded XLT, as the Hybrid hasn't been delivered yet.

Guess is the Lariat will be fairly quite, if the prime offensive area is the windshield & a-pillar area, given the acoustical glass. (Fingers Crossed, since my order is for a Lariat Hybrid w/Lux).

Sponsored
OP
OP

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Reviewers have been all over the place on the NVH front. Some praising how quiet they are, other indicating there's significant noise, naming the engine (2.0), and wind noise at highway speeds past the windshield & A-pillars. Consumer Reports on their 'initial' testing, as they build the 2000 miles before officially testing, pointed out the wind noise around the windshield & a-pillars, and on coarse pavement some road noise. - Their test mule is a pretty much loaded XLT, as the Hybrid hasn't been delivered yet.

Guess is the Lariat will be fairly quite, if the prime offensive area is the windshield & a-pillar area, given the acoustical glass. (Fingers Crossed, since my order is for a Lariat Hybrid w/Lux).
Wind noise is almost non existent with the Lariat. Road noise requires sound deadening to be added. There really isn’t any.

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LuxLariat 2.0 cactus grey FX4
Lariat Lux with standard FX4 Pirellis. Noise depends on road surface. Very little wind noise. Very quiet overall on smooth road surface but can be noisy on some pavements. I have driven about 1200 miles on I40 and I95 and i don’t think it is very loud on typical interstate roads. But on rough surface NC roads, almost any non-luxury brand is going to transmit significant tire noise. Very comfortable seats, nice stable ride.

Mdvmatt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lux AWD tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a lariat lux with tow and it seems to be quite noisy actually. I don’t was surprised at this. I’m coming from a 2018 King Ranch 150 and 2009 Acura TSX. Both seemed much more quiet. Anything you all have done to improve the wind noise?

Mdvmatt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lux AWD tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wind noise is almost non existent with the Lariat. Road noise requires sound deadening to be added. There really isn’t any.
This is interesting. I have a lariat lux awd with tow and I have noticeable wind noise.
Sponsored