Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

• Banned
For those who have Mav's, how is your paint holding up? Specifically on the front bumper/grill area , hood and front quarter panels?

I ask because last year I read threads from people saying the paint was "soft" (lack of a better word) and had taken some hits from road debris, pebbles, etc and it had done a number on the aesthetics of the paint job. Some people suggested those aftermarket clear coat protection films but those cost $1,500 a front side of the vehicle....costly but necessary?

Thanks for your input!
Sponsored

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
My paint is great.

But, I never tailgate.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For those who have Mav's, how is your paint holding up? Specifically on the front bumper/grill area , hood and front quarter panels?

I ask because last year I read threads from people saying the paint was "soft" (lack of a better word) and had taken some hits from road debris, pebbles, etc and it had done a number on the aesthetics of the paint job. Some people suggested those aftermarket clear coat protection films but those cost $1,500 a front side of the vehicle....costly but necessary?

Thanks for your input!
I got hit on the driver’s door with road debris yesterday and assumed the worst. It left the marks in the picture. They come off with my fingernail and no scratches underneath. My Mav won this round!

Ford Maverick How's Your Paint Holding Up ? 88742563-CCAB-48B9-A933-5CABAD51DBF6

OP
OP
FriscoTXJoe

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

• Banned
My paint is great.

But, I never tailgate.
Yeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh............Ummmmmmmmmm..........

Have you ever seen how much Texans doing the speed limit seem to be fixed in the left lane of EVERY highway in the state?

Signed,

I drive 30,000 miles a year almost all highway so sometimes I do creep up on the left lane banditos.

OP
OP
FriscoTXJoe

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

• Banned
Yeah, and they don't need to sit in the left lane when there is a sign every 5 miles that clearly states "Left Lane is for Passing Only"........

Sponsored

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Paint seems no different at this point than any other vehicle I've owned (dozens). I have very recently added some PPF to leading portions of the hood since that is where I did get a few chips in the first 1000 miles. Nothing major, just what you may see after 1200 miles on the freeway at, um, higher speeds.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My guess is the paint is similar to japanese economy cars i’ve had. In other words, I expect chips, scratches, and swirls. Luckily, I haven’t had to drive much highway yet, but the truck has been a magnet for bird poop.
The Ram trucks i’ve had have had durable paint in comparison to my Hondas and Subarus.

It is a cheap vehicle built in Mexico, so don’t expect the nanotechnology paint you would get on a Mercedes.

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've often hear that modern automotive paints aren't what they used to be due to EPA regs and chemical restrictions. The newer, more environmentally-friendly paints don't seem to be nearly as durable as the old school stuff. I think the paint on my Subaru Forester is made of water, sugar, and food coloring...

MaverickMan39845

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2017 Focus RS, 2017 Ram S

Thanks for your input!
Paint on my Mustang front bumper sucks! My Focus rs seems much better for sure. Just my 2 cents worth. Not expecting any miracle paint on the Maverick...but some protection would be advised if you haul a.. like me.

Sponsored

LongshotXL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Yeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh............Ummmmmmmmmm..........

Have you ever seen how much Texans doing the speed limit seem to be fixed in the left lane of EVERY highway in the state?

Signed,

I drive 30,000 miles a year almost all highway so sometimes I do creep up on the left lane banditos.
I’m sure they are very intimidated by your mini truck in their rear view mirror! 🤠

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Yeah, I hear ya. Shit happens.

I once got a chunk of truck tire thru my grill on I-10 headed to NOLA. Brand new BMW 3-series.

I could see it all in slow motion: truck 75 feet ahead of me hits the rubber, rubber arcs right at my car. Kboom. Pulled over. Faaaaaaaaaack.

Shattered the plastic grill, and smashed fins on the radiator. Thankfully it didn't leak. Bought new grill on Ebay and rubbed out the black streaks on my new white paint. Good as new.

You still get 99% less paint chips if you hang back a bit.

OP
OP
FriscoTXJoe

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My guess is the paint is similar to japanese economy cars i’ve had. In other words, I expect chips, scratches, and swirls. Luckily, I haven’t had to drive much highway yet, but the truck has been a magnet for bird poop.
The Ram trucks i’ve had have had durable paint in comparison to my Hondas and Subarus.

It is a cheap vehicle built in Mexico, so don’t expect the nanotechnology paint you would get on a Mercedes.
Wouldn't have a clue about Mercedes paint! Mav price point is a huge draw for me!
I’m sure they are very intimidated by your mini truck in their rear view mirror! 🤠
With all due respect it's not intimidation. It's simple, logical, respectful driving. Move out the way for those choosing to drive faster.

Germany is a wonderful place to drive.
Sponsored