First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 Ecoboost with AWD, Tow Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought I had this disabled, but lately it's been driving me crazy. I ought to be able to leave my door open without this annoying nonstop chime. A few days ago I hooked up Forescan, went through all the menus but couldn't find it. Is there a directory of Forscan features for Maverick? Does anyone know how to turn this s**t off short of cutting the wire? Thanks.

Sponsored

TopGun22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TopGun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SONATA GL Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Calling forscan experts... how do you disable the door and key chimes ?

It definitely should be possible since you can disable both the door and key chimes on other ford models so there is No Reason it can't be done.

Danzig

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Ford maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hoping someone figures this out!!

TopGun22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TopGun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SONATA GL Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick How to ForScan Door Chime Away Screenshot_20231116-232336_Samsung Internet

Here are the available F150 options in forscan, no reason they can't be done on the Mav.... it's just configuration values you change.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kenny

Kenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hoping someone figures this out!!
I did figure it out, a few days after I posted this. It turns out I had left my headlights on the manual setting and they were not shutting off. Which drained my battery a couple of times. I had thought that they automatically reverted back to auto mode when you turned off the ignition, exited the vehicle and locked the door, but apparently not. It could even be intermittent, but now I always leave my headlights on auto.

Another thing that seems intermittent is I disabled Auto Start/Stop in Forscan, and for while it stayed off in every mode but ECO (since it's a feature of that mode), but periodically it comes back on. I was just in Forscan yesterday and noticed it was still set disabled.

Last edited:

mde-5062

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 F-150, '22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did figure it out, a few days after I posted this. It turns out I had left my headlights on the manual setting and they were not shutting off. Which drained my battery a couple of times. I had thought that they automatically reverted back to manual mode when you turned off the ignition, exited the vehicle and locked the door, but apparently not. It could even be intermittent, but now I always leave my headlights on auto.

Another thing that seems intermittent is I disabled Auto Start/Stop in Forscan, and for while it stayed off in every mode but ECO (since it's a feature of that mode), but periodically it comes back on. I was just in Forscan yesterday and noticed it was still set disabled.
If the lights are in the "off" position, then they will default to the auto setting. If they are set to on or position, then they'll stay on when the truck is off.

That's assuming that you adjusted them via the dial. That might not apply if you've turned autolamps off in Forscan, I don't know because I haven't tested that extensively yet

TopGun22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TopGun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SONATA GL Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Am I understanding you were able to disable the door chime and have the headlights retain the last setting instead of defaulting to auto ?

Please share the procedure to change these

I did figure it out, a few days after I posted this. It turns out I had left my headlights on the manual setting and they were not shutting off. Which drained my battery a couple of times. I had thought that they automatically reverted back to auto mode when you turned off the ignition, exited the vehicle and locked the door, but apparently not. It could even be intermittent, but now I always leave my headlights on auto.

OP
OP
Kenny

Kenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Am I understanding you were able to disable the door chime and have the headlights retain the last setting instead of defaulting to auto ? Please share the procedure to change these
It's been awhile so don't remember everything I did, but haven't had a door chime for a long time, so that must have worked. The headlight problem may have just been a false assumption from the dead battery issue (in other words, it had nothing to do with headlights), which progressed to the point it was dead almost every morning. I took it in to the dealer 3x and they either couldn't or wouldn't figure it out. I finally tried disabling the BMS but that wasn't it, so bought a $180 AGM battery, which fixed it. Now my battery never dies.

Thanks to MTC and FORD MAVERICK TRUCK Facebook group I was able to solve it in spite of the dealer. They called to follow up on my negative review. I told them they need to train their techs better or have them read forums. He made a defensive comment about forums having misinformation. I replied that I've gotten more misinformation from Ford, also said I'm not telling them what I did, as it's their job to know, learn and solve these issues, and the 3 warranty visits were a waste of my time.

As far as the auto start/stop issue, I gave up on that as I pretty much drive in Sport mode all the time now. I know I forgot to switch to Sport when my engine dies at a light. Stupid smart features.

EONR24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I thought I had this disabled, but lately it's been driving me crazy. I ought to be able to leave my door open without this annoying nonstop chime. A few days ago I hooked up Forescan, went through all the menus but couldn't find it. Is there a directory of Forscan features for Maverick? Does anyone know how to turn this s**t off short of cutting the wire? Thanks.

Here is your answer!
Here is a link to 2 more changes I just found to DISABLE DOOR AND KEY CHIMES

DISABLE DOOR CHIMES
1. IPC AS BUILT
2. Go to 720-01-02
3. Replace the digit with a "0" as shown here

xx0x-xxxx

DISABLE KEY-IN IGNITON CHIME
1. IPC AS BUILT
2. Go to 720-01-02
3. Replace the digit with a "2" as shown here

xxxx-x2xx