Sponsored

How many 2022 Maverick orders didn't get built?

Bob_Snow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We know they are going to build the new order EBs before the Hybrid rollovers. It sucks but that's how it is.
Sponsored

Bob0828

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Escape, soon Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there anyway of knowing how many of the 2022 model year were not built? I am curious to figure out how many rollovers will be built first once 2023 production starts mid-November. ( I know a lot depends on dealers doing the process correctly)
My dealer had 9 rollovers including my 11-09-21 ordered XLT Ecoboost

lastwgn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mazda MX-5, 2020 Mazda CX-5, 2001 Mazda MX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Going by Vin numbers, Ford has built over 110K 2022 MY trucks so far.
Well, they may have issued that many VIN's, but they most certainly have not built that many yet. My Vin is 92,xxx and has been pushed back from an August 22 build week to October 24. Lately, every Tuesday night is simply another disappointment in this entire production cluster when the inevitable e-mail is received for the latest production reschedule.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well, they may have issued that many VIN's, but they most certainly have not built that many yet. My Vin is 92,xxx and has been pushed back from an August 22 build week to October 24. Lately, every Tuesday night is simply another disappointment in this entire production cluster when the inevitable e-mail is received for the latest production reschedule.
Any 2022 with a vin# will be built this year.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any 2022 with a vin# will be built this year.
I keep reading this statement. It was perhaps in another thread, but on what is this based? If it is some law, I would have to say, laws do not produce parts required to build a car. They may "tell" a company to produce something but that is about it.

I hope that all with VIN's good luck and that they get their MY22 Mavericks. Of course, during the COVID peak, a lot of people looking for toilet paper were SOL.;):)

Sponsored

Onceforall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So an unanswered question is whether they will / can build both 2022's and 2023's at the same time. I can see arguments both ways but who knows?

No. They will finish 2022 VINS before they move on to 2023's. Assigned VINS means they have the parts and will build them.

Lots of reasons for slowdowns right now. Recalls, etc. Many reasons why the '23 scheduling is being pushed out. There won't be a mix up. The Line is shut down for a brief period in between MY's, for many reasons.

I'm not the expert but I do make note of when the experts post something (such as Tim, whom you mentioned).

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No. They will finish 2022 VINS before they move on to 2023's. Assigned VINS means they have the parts and will build them.

Lots of reasons for slowdowns right now. Recalls, etc. Many reasons why the '23 scheduling is being pushed out. There won't be a mix up. The Line is shut down for a brief period in between MY's, for many reasons.

I'm not the expert but I do make note of when the experts post something (such as Tim, whom you mentioned).
Experts, even Tim ( :) ) are not infallible. If a safety related recall comes up and Ford does not have the part to correct the problem, laws based on safety, can preclude the delivery of that vehicle. Now I guess you could say the vehicle will be built..........but undeliverable? Not trying to nitpick, but never say never or never say always!! IMHO.

Onceforall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Experts, even Tim ( :) ) are not infallible. If a safety related recall comes up and Ford does not have the part to correct the problem, laws based on safety, can preclude the delivery of that vehicle. Now I guess you could say the vehicle will be built..........but undeliverable? Not trying to nitpick, but never say never or never say always!! IMHO.

No, they will build the truck and set it aside to finish up ASAP. They won't be running 22 and 23 VIN trucks at the same time. That doesn't mean it will get delivered by MY, but it won't be built mixed up on the line with different MY's.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

hockeypukk54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Fibrepunk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2022 Hybrid XLT didn't get built. It got rollover to 2023.

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While we will never know the exact numbers, we can make some educated balpark guesses just based on members here. Speaking strictly of hybrids, a very large percentage (but not all) of August orders will be built as MY22 (let's guess 90%+). The September number is definitely way less but seems that at least a majority (probably at least 60%) where built. Now, October is where the numbers drop off the cliff. I was an October 1 Hybrid XL (with no constraints) order and never even made it to Priority 2. My guess is that less than 40% of Oct hybrids were built and these were almost exclusively the higher-end (i.e., Lux) models. I have seen only a very small number of October XL Hybrids built. As for November, there were a handful but that is it.

Based on FordVideoGuy and others, the number of orders were not at all linear. There were a ton of June orders, slightly less July, relatively flat August/September, a pick-up in October, and then a mad final dash in November as the order banks closed.

Combining these two, that kind of points to somewhere on the order of 30% of hybrid orders not being built in MY22. For individual dealers the numbers may be way, way different and could be anywhere from 20% to 100% of hybrids being built. From what I can tell, my MY22 dealer had less than 1/2 of their total orders fulfilled and only 1/3 of their hybrids fulfilled. It would be very interesting to know what Granger's numbers were (less than half?).

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there anyway of knowing how many of the 2022 model year were not built? I am curious to figure out how many rollovers will be built first once 2023 production starts mid-November. ( I know a lot depends on dealers doing the process correctly)
Not sure. How much is a shit ton 🤔

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid