Sponsored

How many 2022 Maverick orders didn't get built?

Dr3wman

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram
Engine
Undecided
Is there anyway of knowing how many of the 2022 model year were not built? I am curious to figure out how many rollovers will be built first once 2023 production starts mid-November. ( I know a lot depends on dealers doing the process correctly)
Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have no way to know that. No official numbers.

BradGroux

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
msft.expert
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No. There would need to be a nationwide database of all dealer orders publicly shared, and that ain’t gonna happen.

All we know is an estimate on how many were built, based upon the released VINs.

Mightybeast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That's a good question. I saw some article a month ago saying 9xxx. Just under 10k. That's the only number I know. Based on how many Mav I see on the road every week (average 1) in OKc it might be true.

Sponsored

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim Bartz said his dealership had 88 left out of roughly 500 as of a few weeks ago. He has said his guess is somewhere around 10,000 will not get built. I would think his guess (while only a guess) is as good as we are going to get.

My local dealership had 8 left, no idea how many they had ordered. But all of them were priority 01 or 02 so they could get built before the shift to MY23.

I think Ford is doing everything it can to make that number as small as possible. Production has been 5 - 7k per month so assuming constraints allow (they won't) Ford could clear all remaining MY22s by end of the year.

My guess is they will come a lot closer than the general public thinks but will still have a small group of highly constrained units on the list into February or March. Just my guess.

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
It would also be interesting to know what percentage of them were for hybrids. I would assume that it was a large percentage of them.

Between the confusion, the short time the order bank was open, and people deciding to give up on their order I would not be surprised if less than half the leftover 22's were converted to 23 orders.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It would also be interesting to know what percentage of them were for hybrids. I would assume that it was a large percentage of them.

Between the confusion, the short time the order bank was open, and people deciding to give up on their order I would not be surprised if less than half the leftover 22's were converted to 23 orders.
if I remember correctly at one time Tim said LM had around 85 rollovers and one was an eccoboost the rest hybrids

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Tim Bartz said his dealership had 88 left out of roughly 500 as of a few weeks ago. He has said his guess is somewhere around 10,000 will not get built. I would think his guess (while only a guess) is as good as we are going to get.

My local dealership had 8 left, no idea how many they had ordered. But all of them were priority 01 or 02 so they could get built before the shift to MY23.

I think Ford is doing everything it can to make that number as small as possible. Production has been 5 - 7k per month so assuming constraints allow (they won't) Ford could clear all remaining MY22s by end of the year.

My guess is they will come a lot closer than the general public thinks but will still have a small group of highly constrained units on the list into February or March. Just my guess.
Dont forget the allocation game. My 22 XLT didnt have any constraints and was never picked because of grangers available allocations. I had em switch me over to a Tremor. Its a mix up of things coming from all angles. dont forget as of this week everything with a blue oval badge is constrained lol.

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dont forget the allocation game. My 22 XLT didnt have any constraints and was never picked because of grangers available allocations. I had em switch me over to a Tremor. Its a mix up of things coming from all angles. dont forget as of this week everything with a blue oval badge is constrained lol.
Yes, and that is the real joker at this point with all the rumors about hugely reduced dealer allocations. Which honestly makes no sense at all as it has been reported.

But allocations aside it appears Ford has the ability to get close, though parts constraints might cause some particular builds to linger even longer. And allocations might put some dealers out of the game and thus any 22's still on their list might not be built. I think it was Ford's intend to override the allocation system for the final '22s when they said they would prioritize order date instead of allocations. Whether that actually happened I don't know.

From the complaints on this forum, maybe not. But we don't actually have any way of proving that one way or the other.

Sponsored

Ferdinand

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I found this on the forum:

Ford Maverick How many 2022 Maverick orders didn't get built? 1665682576153

It does not look to promising for the 2023 XL Hybrid orders !!

Onceforall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The date by which no further VINS were assigned was mid-September. All vehicles with VINS will be build in 2022, regardless of how long that takes. Thus the pushing out of 2023 scheduling.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I found this on the forum:

1665682576153.png

It does not look to promising for the 2023 XL Hybrid orders !!
Going by Vin numbers, Ford has built over 110K 2022 MY trucks so far.

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The date by which no further VINS were assigned was mid-September. All vehicles with VINS will be build in 2022, regardless of how long that takes. Thus the pushing out of 2023 scheduling.
So an unanswered question is whether they will / can build both 2022's and 2023's at the same time. I can see arguments both ways but who knows?
Sponsored