Sponsored

How long before full trust in a road trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, I’ve got about 6500 miles in on my Maverick and I’m fixing to do a 1500 mile round trip road trip. So far I’ve not had the dreaded Hybrid Dead on Road issue, and was wondering about my comfort level that everything will be ok. Last thing I want is to be going through the WV mountains and have everything quit on me.

I haven’t tracked it, but it seems like those who have had the issue had them early on. The NHTSA web site lists 20+ some complaints on the issue.

What’s everyone’s comfort level that once you clear a certain point you won’t see the issue?
Sponsored

Blvckrose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well I did a 2100 mile trip the sec week I had my truck but I have EB xlt not hybrid and it did awesome

Xatorius

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm currently in FL down from TN and had no issues in my trip down. I'm just over 2000 miles on my hybrid.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have your dealer inspect the connections involved in the problem. It might be apparent if you need service, or not. Especially if your dealer is familiar with the problem.
Good luck.

Mag Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In a couple of weeks I'm going on a 4000 mile round trip from Tennessee to California. I will have about 1500 miles on my XLT hybrid. How the truck approximately 7 weeks and the only thing I'm going to do is instant oil and filter naturally check the fluids the tires etc and put a new K&N air filter in I will take interstate 40 all the way out and that on interstate 70 going through thru the Rockies . Be a good shakedown for the Maverick going to the desert going over the mountains maybe even a little snow to the Rockies. One two things will happen it will be a good truck and perform like a new good truck should or it won't in that case I'll put it up for sale I'm hoping that it performs flawlessly because I really do like I'm Maverick. Mag Mav🤔

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

dp4616

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought from Chapman Ford in Philly August 10th, picked it up and drove it down to south Florida immediately. So far so good. That was roughly 1500 miles from brand new - currently about to pass the 2k milestone in the next week or so. I trust it. *knocks on wood*

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
I won’t be getting rid of any back up vehicles any time soon.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think there's no way to know if you're going to have the issue. Out of the maybe 20,000+ (edit: 40,000? I dunno) hybrid mavs out there, and the small portion of those that are on this forum, we've had like 20-40 reports maybe of the wire harness issue (me included). But I have to guess that's gotta be less than 5% of total hybrid users here.

If you’re really worried, you can get a good battery jump pack for like $60-$80 and that will bypass the issue to start the Maverick from the engine jump points and keep you going on your way. You barely need any juice from it to start the truck (it doesn't actually turn the engine over or anything, it just enables the HVB to engage and that powers the system from there), and you would just recharge the jump pack if you needed to. Also this doubles as a USB battery bank so that's nice.

Someone may correct me if I'm wrong about the portable jump pack. I'm assuming that works in this way but maybe it has circuitry that is more complicated than I understand. But my anecdote is that a regular jump from another vehicle worked fine to bring mine back to life when my harness failed, until you turn it off and it's deceased again.

Last edited:
Sponsored

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm currently in FL down from TN and had no issues in my trip down. I'm just over 2000 miles on my hybrid.
Who did you order from in East TN? I'm over in Oak Ridge, but went with the Granger deal...

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't buy it to drive around town so I would feel perfectly comfortable driving it cross country. If something happens, than something happens but I'm not going to baby it until then. It's meant to be driven so go drive it and enjoy it.

Xatorius

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who did you order from in East TN? I'm over in Oak Ridge, but went with the Granger deal...
Friendship Ford in Bristol, great dealership and no BS when taking delivery, sold at MSRP

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't done a longer road trip in my hybrid than about 750 miles round-tip from Phoenix to San Diego but had no problems whatsoever. Having read the issues others have faced, I was a little worried, but brought a jumper and had roadside assist number handy. I think the problems a few have dealt with just get amplified on a forum like this. If you've not had any troubles yet, safe to assume you'll be ok. Just prepare as best you can based off of other unfortunate peoples' experiences in the small chance you run into problems.
I'd be completely comfortable if I had a cross-country trip planned. My Mav hasn't had any problems as of yet and, while a little wary, I'm still confident it'll be fine for any trip I take in it.

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, I’ve got about 6500 miles in on my Maverick and I’m fixing to do a 1500 mile round trip road trip. So far I’ve not had the dreaded Hybrid Dead on Road issue, and was wondering about my comfort level that everything will be ok. Last thing I want is to be going through the WV mountains and have everything quit on me.

I haven’t tracked it, but it seems like those who have had the issue had them early on. The NHTSA web site lists 20+ some complaints on the issue.

What’s everyone’s comfort level that once you clear a certain point you won’t see the issue?
Alan, here is a hybrid shown in a road trip series, I did not see any issues.

Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.