Sponsored

How is this possible? Two Mavericks; same order number? Dealer funny business??

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
So this is going to be a long post but worth the read because we received an email today from Ford saying our Mav is "In Production".

KEEP IN MIND during this post that we took possession of our Mav back in January.

So some back story. We ordered a Mav back in June of 2021 the 23rd to be exact. Here is the DORA for that order.
Ford Maverick How is this possible?  Two Mavericks; same order number?  Dealer funny business?? Original DORA with FWD 4K option - Copy

In mid August we went to the dealer to change from FWD to AWD because of the whole Tow package debacle that happened. Here is the DORA for that. Notice that the ORDER NUMBERS ARE THE SAME!!

Ford Maverick How is this possible?  Two Mavericks; same order number?  Dealer funny business?? 8-16-2021 DORA

So today I received an email from Ford saying our Mav is in production with the VIN included in the email. So I click on the "Track My Order" button in the email and was surprised when I was able to track is using our original order # B01A.

Ford Maverick How is this possible?  Two Mavericks; same order number?  Dealer funny business?? email

This is what the tracker shows. Note the date which is 6/23/2021. The original date on the FIRST DORA!

Ford Maverick How is this possible?  Two Mavericks; same order number?  Dealer funny business?? in production tracker

So did our dealer keep the original order but drop the Tow Package and add a hitch and when we came in in August to add the AWD create an entirely NEW order for us?? Would that explain the whole time we were tracking our Mav the "Ordered On" date was 8/16/2021??

This is just to funny to us because my wife has been driving the Mav for the last 2 plus months and today out of the blue Ford sent us this email. haha
Sponsored

n0maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tiguan, 2022 Maverick, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I dont know what it means but same week mine is scheduled but my vin is 2000 numbers or so lower. I hope that means in may start production sooner. One can wish...

OP
OP
bbhaag

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I dont know what it means but same week mine is scheduled but my vin is 2000 numbers or so lower. I hope that means in may start production sooner. One can wish...
Yeah, we have no idea what to make of it. Here's a screen cap of our Mav that has already been delivered and we took possession of it back in January. Notice the order number is the same but the VIN is different!

Ford Maverick How is this possible?  Two Mavericks; same order number?  Dealer funny business?? delivered1

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you want to have some fun, go down to the dealer and try to buy the new one off the 6/23/21 order (the one with VIN ending in "649").

Worst case, you give the dealer a jolt but nothing happens.

Best case, you buy it and flip it for a few thousand.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Very interesting.

How was your experience with said dealer in regards to purchasing the first Maverick? If they did a job well done, maybe you consider just letting it be and allow that dealer to make a little coin on the new one. If just so-so or not so good, maybe try and buy that second one as well. Heck, maybe you offer to let them keep it so long as they split the proceeds with you. Worst case, they jack you around and you report to Ford Corporate; assuming the additional order was also submitted using YOUR information, which it appears it was. At the end of the day, this may have been done completely by accident. Or maybe this dealer has simply found a loophole to try and stay afloat. Hard to say these days.

Sponsored

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Technically you have the option to still buy the first one ordered. lol
I thought one of mine had been cancelled. But I started receiving the Ford emails during the building process. In the end, I bought both Mavericks and my brother is buying the one I originally cancelled at my cost. I'm not trying to make a dime off my Fam!

Dealer wouldn't give him the original price I ordered it at. He'll pay taxes and registration fees twice. But it's still cheaper than paying $5000 over MSRP or whatever they wanted to charge him.

OP
OP
bbhaag

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Yeah this is an interesting one for sure. Maybe @fordvideoguy or @Granger Ford could chime in and provide some incite on how something like this could happen.

Perhaps it is a loophole that our dealer found and IMO good for them if they did. We had a great experience dealing with them so if they can flip this Mav at MSRP or more good for them.

Granger Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So this is going to be a long post but worth the read because we received an email today from Ford saying our Mav is "In Production".

KEEP IN MIND during this post that we took possession of our Mav back in January.

So some back story. We ordered a Mav back in June of 2021 the 23rd to be exact. Here is the DORA for that order.
Original DORA with FWD 4K option - Copy.jpg

In mid August we went to the dealer to change from FWD to AWD because of the whole Tow package debacle that happened. Here is the DORA for that. Notice that the ORDER NUMBERS ARE THE SAME!!

8-16-2021 DORA.jpg

So today I received an email from Ford saying our Mav is in production with the VIN included in the email. So I click on the "Track My Order" button in the email and was surprised when I was able to track is using our original order # B01A.

email.png

This is what the tracker shows. Note the date which is 6/23/2021. The original date on the FIRST DORA!

in production tracker.png

So did our dealer keep the original order but drop the Tow Package and add a hitch and when we came in in August to add the AWD create an entirely NEW order for us?? Would that explain the whole time we were tracking our Mav the "Ordered On" date was 8/16/2021??

This is just to funny to us because my wife has been driving the Mav for the last 2 plus months and today out of the blue Ford sent us this email. haha
You can use the same order number for both cars because they are different models. Could've been an honest mistake that they made a new order and forgot to cancel the old one. But it sounds like you've got a second truck coming. Congrats 👏🎉

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Order numbers are given by the dealer therefore there could be duplicates pretty easily. We use a 4 digit code with the 1st and last digits being the initials of the sales person, the numbers in the middle being in sequence of what orders they have. Sometimes we lose track and do the same number twice.

HBTuttle

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape SE
When I online chatted with Ford regarding my order they said there were 3 vehicles with the same order code. When I inquired about it with my sales guy I was told it was a internal dealer order number. My order number was C123. First initial of the sales guy and date I ordered it, 12/3. He said that the other vehicles were ordered on 12/3 or 1/23 but my order was in the system correctly.

Sponsored

Sivart

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Pick it up and flip it.

Jazzjms

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

8-16-2021 DORA.jpg

email.png

I called Ford yesterday to check on my order and was told there are two orders from my dealer placed at the same time that have the same order number. One order is mine and the other for a dealer stock vehicle. I then called my dealership and they were not worried about duplicate order numbers but were concerned I had contacted Ford. The kept saying “most people do not contact Ford”. Haha my sixth call to Ford. I believe order numbers can be the same if trim levels are different. BTW my order is now a 2!

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The real give away is your email was left in place. Bet they wish they had fixed that before they took that shot a bogus Stock Unit. 🙁

OP
OP
bbhaag

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
The real give away is your email was left in place. Bet they wish they had fixed that before they took that shot a bogus Stock Unit. 🙁
Yeah that's the really weird part. The fact that it was sent to the same email that our other Mav was getting sent to. Like @fordvideoguy said sometimes order numbers get duplicated I guess I can understand that but even if the order # accidently gets duplicated on retail orders at the dealer surely the email address would be different.

I'm guessing the dealer pulled some funny business with our order when we had to switch from FWD w/tow package to AWD in August. Now the question is do I text my salesman asking him to confirm that the Mav we ordered in June is truly "In Production" with a May 2 build estimate.

I bet that gets him to sit up straight and go "WTF is this guy talking about??". haha Especially considering I now have the VIN and Order #.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided

8-16-2021 DORA.jpg

email.png

The email with the VIN is for a FWD. Digit W8E is FWD, W8F is AWD.
Sponsored