Sponsored

How are some of you guys already placing orders?

OP
OP

arkanos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Honda Fit
I never got that email, in fact I don't remember the dealer even taking my email. Should I be concerned about that? They have my number and I have the receipt though.

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I never got that email, in fact I don't remember the dealer even taking my email. Should I be concerned about that? They have my number and I have the receipt though.
I can only speak for myself, but I got my email from Ford within maybe a half hour of ordering, so hopefully you'll get yours soon!

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But the dealer I ordered through doesn't have my email :/
My dealer forwarded me the email he got about my order because I asked. Maybe yours has the same?

Sponsored

808Rider

First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Like others have said, "Reserve your truck" online and get a confirmation email. No $$ required. I wonder if these trucks will be in high demand that they'll sell them over MSRP once they're in showrooms. No obligation to make a reservation and it looks like a great li' truck

ZipperKid

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went to my local Ford dealer this morning to order my Maverick. At first, the man at the counter said that they did not have pricing available for the vehicle and the orders wouldn't be available until the end of the year... After explained that orders have been placed and that I have seen the build sheets, he looked around and found that you could order the Maverick as of yesterday, according to him. Now my order is confirmed by Ford and I am the first order from my local dealer!

If you have not been engaged by your dealer, I would visit them and make them dig in so that you can place your order!!! The counterperson said Ford has not been very helpful to the dealers lately in giving information about their new releases (ie. Bronco, Bronco Sport, Mach-e, Lightning, Maverick).

Maverick-xv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Expedition XLT
Like others have said, "Reserve your truck" online and get a confirmation email. No $$ required. I wonder if these trucks will be in high demand that they'll sell them over MSRP once they're in showrooms. No obligation to make a reservation and it looks like a great li' truck
Unfortunately, it is not a reservation or order and it is stated in disclosure. What it does - it sends you and dealer the email that reservation is requested and you should expect call from a dealer soon. You will get generic welcome email from the dealership as well. No order will be generated until you provide all the info and security deposit. I did reserved twice and dealer never contacted me, so I have to call them and again, they said they have no info on this car and they will let me know when I can place the order and not to worry about it, then dealership started sending me emails about F-350 I was "interested in" (that I was not) and financing, but nothing about Maverick, lol

This is the Ford official email when order is placed (posted above): https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...you-guys-already-placing-orders.236/post-3729

Here is online reservation email text:
Thank you for your interest in the 2022 Ford Maverick! We've received your reservation request. A representative from Paoli Ford will be contacting you soon with specific vehicle information, pricing and availability.

Reservation request != Order. It is just to let dealer to know you are interested. Dealer suppose to work with you to place production order, so it will be scheduled for manufacturing and delivered. There is no such thing as reservation order. So do not fool yourself, you need to make sure the real order is placed or it will take a while till you get it, if get it at all early.

Last edited:

Panoptikom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW & Mazda
Reserved online but didn't hear from dealer so I went into the dealership today and think I got my order in. It took 'em awhile but they entered in my order and gave me a printed out "Preview Order" sheet that I signed but the sheet says "This order has not been submitted to the order bank. This is not an invoice."

I asked my sales rep if they needed a deposit or anything and he said no, that I should get an email confirmation from Ford and that could be handled then. He also said if I don't get that email by Monday to give him a call. It's only been a few hours but still no email. Seems odd but hey, whatever, we'll see.

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In my experience at least, I did get the Ford order confirmation within maybe an hour after placing it, so I'd stay on top of your dealer and Ford.

Sponsored

Smith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered and put deposit on one Friday. Still waiting for the email. I’ll talk to the owner Monday

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an order sheet from dealer with locked pricing confirmed by Ford. I get A plan pricing so the only thing they can add (I didn’t dispute), is a $75 “admin fee” whatever that is, and I will pay $40 to fill tires with nitrogen

JCLO

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Lightning, 05 Wrangler, 10 Honda Fit, 18 WRX
Placed our order today with a deposit and order sheet with price confirmation. Email has been received and the wait begins....

superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
I’ve talked to two different local dealers and neither had any clue about when orders could be placed. But, even if they were willing to place an order I don’t know if I’m ready yet. I’ve never driven one, never sat in one and the press hasn’t even driven one yet. My three biggest concerns are back seat room, the ride quality and whether the interior feels “cheap”. Most of Ford’s interiors are good but there’s a few, specifically the Ranger which seems below Ford standards. I hope the Maverick is better... I don’t think I could place an order without knowing answers to these concerns.

808Rider

First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
It seems since these trucks are so new that even the dealers don't know how to deal with reservations or deposits or whatever the procedure is to secure an order. It's like we're all being told different things from different dealers, no standard uniform process.
Sponsored