Sponsored

Have you bought accessories or add-ons before your truck arrived?

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What happens if your order doesn't arrive for one reason or another? I have a list of things I want to add but am waiting until I have the truck in my possession before I order them. There has to be a few people out there to have had all these things waiting and then the order got cancelled or the deal didn't go through. What did you do when this happened?
This could get expensive.
I just picked up my Lariat last Thursday, less than 100 miles on it so for. I waited until I got the "shipped" email before ordering anything except a Seahawk license plate that was limited supply. It took about a month to get the truck, but everything I ordered came in good time. I was able to get a hard roll-up while on sale. I also got Tuxmat, love them, CPLAY2air for bluetooth, works fine, lettering, window vents, and will use some Points for bug shield.
My build is fairly high end, so I don't need as many add-ons. I was with a dealer I trusted and had heard from another on the forum member who used same dealer, so I wasn't worried about dealer shenanigans once it got beyond FoMoCo's.
Sponsored

CallBall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought a Tonneau cover when RealTruck had a rebate back in July and I had just received my VIN. I definitely regret it now that it looks like Iā€™ll be rolling over to a ā€˜23. Iā€™d say hold off on buying anything until your truck ships unless youā€™re 100% sure youā€™re going to wait for the truck and you find a screaming deal on an accessory you want.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought little things from the start after I ordered it from Granger on dec 28th. First was the auto start stop eliminator. I didnt order a truck w any constraint items, so I was not worried. There was a good deal at realtruck for a gator trifold cover, and bedrug XLT mat, so I jumped on those around march. Then things just kinda snowballed from there. It was like eating potato chips. I couldent stop.

Been hunting for rims, and settled on what I wanted in an 18" and picked them up in april. When I enquired if they would take a bit less, the evilbay seller told me that the price would be going up by $150 for a set of 4 in a couple weeks, so I jumped on them. 2 weeks later the price did go up. Got my tires and sensors as well. I also got bed track dimensions from a fellow member, and drilled to fit 2 sets of L track for the truck bed. His fit perfectly so I know mine will too.

June I got a vin#. August the truck has been built. XLT AWD 4K Sitting at Granger since oct 4th, waiting on a brake recall. They do not have a timeframe in which ford will give them an answer so legally they cannot sell it to me yet.

In the end, I have a list of stuff I printed out at work. The list is everything I have, and stuff I still want to get. It's about $3K worth of stuff I already boughtšŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£. Wife said it's your first new vehicle in 15 years, you should doll it up and enjoy it. I am just waiting on my 4 wheeled accessory for all my parts. I do have a couple pictures. Another Granger sale special owner asked me for my vin so he could find it when he went there for his and he sent me pix of it, so it does exist.

Ford Maverick Have you bought accessories or add-ons before your truck arrived? Attach0

Ford Maverick Have you bought accessories or add-ons before your truck arrived? Attach0(1)

Ford Maverick Have you bought accessories or add-ons before your truck arrived? Attach0(2)

Ford Maverick Have you bought accessories or add-ons before your truck arrived? 20220411_201955

Ford Maverick Have you bought accessories or add-ons before your truck arrived? 20220828_121458

Ford Maverick Have you bought accessories or add-ons before your truck arrived? 20220914_085250

Last edited:

pgreen1959

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You know there is a lot of pretty cool stuff out there I would like to order. But with hearing all the noise about hybrid constraint { my order is hybrid} I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of stuff to resale or return.

Cheesehead

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I only ordered 1 small piece for my MY23 XL hybrid, a "practice" center cap for the steel wheels. I went with an XL because it now comes with cruise control, but wanted to make the steelies look a little nicer (to me) so am going to experiment with painting a center cap set black to match the tires and trim or the same color as the vehicle, hopefully Area 51 in my case.

Went with an XL as my plan is to order a Maverick Lightning if and when they become available if I like the XL hybrid.

I'll wait to order other accessories, as I'm only 5 weeks into my ordering and have read all the horror stories here.

Sponsored

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The only thing I ordered once it was built & shipped were Rokblokz splash guards, everything else was after it arrived.

1buddyc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Nautilus 2022 Ford Maverick 2006 SSR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sir I PM you my address
If you sent me a message with your Shipping Address, I didn't receive it. Send me another or you can text me the info to 2104158707

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've seen my truck in person and was able to put a deposit on it, just can't pick it up due to brake light recall. But seeing it in person was good enough for me to order stuff LOL, just got a center console organizer in the mail today. I have a soft tri-fold tonneau on the way right now too.

vabchusa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford C Max SE, 2022 Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I found a great deal on Facebook Marketplace and got floorliners, mudflaps, tailgate letters and window visors for $50. Ford accessories all and would have cost $500. My living room looked like warehouse for a bit but got cleared out the day after I received the mav

Newtotrucksvt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Truck was unloaded from the train a couple weeks ago so hoping to take delivery this week. I've been slowly gathering parts so as not to freak out the wife...
Lasfit led lights - for the non-led lights on the Lariat
Envelop style cargo net
Bed size cargo net
Tailgate damper
Bug shield -Weather tech
Truxedo pro x 15 tonneau
Headlight protection film
Rokbloks mud flaps
Door handle protection film
Red carbon fiber reflective lettering
Ratchet straps
Tie down replacement for when the stock one is removed from the tailgate for the dampener
"That's what she said" window decal (for when people complement the Mav!)
Console organizer
Bluetooth wireless reciever
USB L adapter for hiding the reciever
Felt tape for seatbelt buckle protection
Cleaning goop
Jeffrey Lebowski - for the dash cubby

Ford Maverick Have you bought accessories or add-ons before your truck arrived? 20221023_124438
Ford Maverick Have you bought accessories or add-ons before your truck arrived? 20221023_125316
Ford Maverick Have you bought accessories or add-ons before your truck arrived? 20221023_124530

Sponsored

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 Ranger, ā€˜22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didnā€™t order anything pre-delivery, mainly because I didnā€™t know if the dealer would try to extort too much from me.

Then I didnā€™t order anything after deliver, either. Nothing was needed.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You know there is a lot of pretty cool stuff out there I would like to order. But with hearing all the noise about hybrid constraint { my order is hybrid} I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of stuff to resale or return.
Yeah, the only stuff I'm getting so far is generic items that I can use on anything. Like front/back cameras, wireless automatic phone charger, etc.

mustachemn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ranger 4x4, 03Mercury suv, 03 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What happens if your order doesn't arrive for one reason or another? I have a list of things I want to add but am waiting until I have the truck in my possession before I order them. There has to be a few people out there to have had all these things waiting and then the order got cancelled or the deal didn't go through. What did you do when this happened?
This could get expensive.
I ordered a soft trifold cover,bed carpet, hood assist pistons,tailgate assist, and tailgate lettering. All were easy installation and made life esaier.
Sponsored