First Name
Martt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick AWD, Jeep Deserthawk
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can just pull out the plug by the negative side of the battery or spend a $100.00 bucks and by the autostop eliminator plug-in or just keep pushing that pesky button
I pulled the plug by the battery terminal, but at every start up I get a charging system warning that has to be cleared by the OK button. It's not as much of a pain as having to hit the console button every time, but still not the solution I'm looking for.
Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I pulled the plug by the battery terminal, but at every start up I get a charging system warning that has to be cleared by the OK button. It's not as much of a pain as having to hit the console button every time, but still not the solution I'm looking for.
Just pony up the plug&play Autostop Elminator, When in doubt check their website. The good news is if you have to take your truck to the dealer just unplug it and then put back after your visit 😉

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So a charging system error appearing, requiring a button push.. is a better solution than no errors and a button push?

This thread is dumb.

OP
OP
Taildragger

Taildragger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick AWD, Jeep Deserthawk
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So a charging system error appearing, requiring a button push.. is a better solution than no errors and a button push?

This thread is dumb.
The charge error button push is on the steering wheel, so the simple math is that this IS an easier task than pushing a center console button (AND, not pushing the OK button doesn't cause the car to shut off when I come to a stop, like it does when I forget to cancel auto start stop at start up)... but as I clearly stated, it's still not an acceptable solution.

If you think this thread is dumb, why do you keep adding to it? Please accept the fact that I do not like auto start stop, and you do. I'm not bashing you for liking it, so maybe consider that I have valid reasons for not liking it.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you think this thread is dumb, why do you keep adding to it? Please accept the fact that I do not like auto start stop, and you do. I'm not bashing you for liking it, so maybe consider that I have valid reasons for not liking it.
I actually don't have an opinion on it. It isn't something that evokes some sort of strong emotion within me.. I've had several cars with it and many more without it, and I am neutral on it. Does not bother me either way.

As noted many times, you can buy things for really cheap that will disable it. My opinion of the thread wasn't directed at you for not "liking" auto stop/start, rather the compromises you're willing to take to disable it and avoid spending $100.

Sponsored

pjlawton

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition Lariat
Today makes 2 weeks since I picked up my Maverick and have about 1,000 miles on it now. It still exceeds my expectations, and I love spending time in it... but about half the time I put it in 'drive' and pull away, I forget to hit that pesky button with the 'circle A' on it, and when I do forget and I come to the first stop, and the lovely 2.0 Ecoboost engine shuts off, I first exclaim (out loud) "I HATE THAT!" and then I hit the pesky button to shut off auto start/stop.

I Hate That.png

I sure hope we figure out a way to turn it off permanently, without having to buy the $100 thingy. Please Ford, give us a way to shut this frustration off for good.
The first car I had with auto stop/start worried me to death. Now that I've had it on several vehicles It doesn't bother me so much. I guess it just took a little getting used to it.

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I wanted to save gas, I would have bought a hybrid Maverick. And, for the way I drive, the savings would be far less anyway as I don't have that much stopping per mile driven. But regardless, I don't like the engine shutting down at stops.

Some people hate broccoli, I hate auto start/stop.
Ford Maverick Hate auto start stop st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u1

VICKY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK 2.L ECO-BOOST & Mazda Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Today makes 2 weeks since I picked up my Maverick and have about 1,000 miles on it now. It still exceeds my expectations, and I love spending time in it... but about half the time I put it in 'drive' and pull away, I forget to hit that pesky button with the 'circle A' on it, and when I do forget and I come to the first stop, and the lovely 2.0 Ecoboost engine shuts off, I first exclaim (out loud) "I HATE THAT!" and then I hit the pesky button to shut off auto start/stop.

I Hate That.png

I sure hope we figure out a way to turn it off permanently, without having to buy the $100 thingy. Please Ford, give us a way to shut this frustration off for good.
Don't have my truck yet, but after reading some of the manual, thought that button shut auto start completely off? CRAP

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I LIKE the auto stop feature. I was always bothered by sitting at a light or in a fast food line wasting gas. Did the folks on this thread know that 6 BILLION gallons of gas are wasted each year by idling vehicles, think about it, it's a plus. In the Maverick it works great, it does not shut the engine off until you are at a complete stop for a couple seconds & it restarts as soon as you release the brake. By the time I can move my foot to the gas pedal, the engine is running. Some of the early vehicles it did not restart until you touched the gas pedal, that would cause a lag in getting going & could be annoying. The starter & electrical system are all designed to handle the auto-stop feature, but hey some people can only reach their zen by bitching about something.

Woody27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No thanks
Well as stated, I exclaim loudly, so the caps are there for your benefit, as a visual indicator of my exclamation, so you can better understand how much I hate this 'feature'..

And, if you haven't experienced this feature, then I can understand why you may not yet hate it. Tho I know many people are fine with it... but for the way I drive, I expect the engine to remain running until I no longer want it running. I suppose 46 years of driving vehicles that remain running at all times might have something to do with it.
Been driving for over 54 years and never owned a prevoius vehicle with auto shutoff. Have driven rentals in the past with this feature but none with as seamless and barely noticable restart as with the Mav system. Personally I like it and my only complaint is that it doesn't reset when creaping a few feet. I find that to be annoying.

Sponsored

NorthernNic

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 GMC Canyon / 2024 Maverick XLT fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also hate auto start stop and feel like should be an option you can remove.
Not to bad If your hybrid and 100% trying to save on fuel.
For me I bought and EcoBoost so fuel economy is not my priority.... Having the engine starting and stopping all the time can't be good for wear and tear not to mention I find it annoying.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Love auto stop start. Don't notice it at all. Get used to more and more things you haven't had before and adjust to new life. Did you know in some EVs you just get in and drive? No turning a key. No pushing a button (how did we ever get used to that). No cranking the engine by hand. My grandfather just hated when they came out with starters on cars.

truckliker

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
leonard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick, soul
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When you live in S. Florida or another really hot state in the summer. It sucks to have warm air come out of a/c ducts. You know because the compressor is not turning. Dumb fuel saving strategy !

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Love auto stop start. Don't notice it at all. Get used to more and more things you haven't had before and adjust to new life. Did you know in some EVs you just get in and drive? No turning a key. No pushing a button (how did we ever get used to that). No cranking the engine by hand. My grandfather just hated when they came out with starters on cars.
Cool story.

Hillbilly

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When you live in S. Florida or another really hot state in the summer. It sucks to have warm air come out of a/c ducts. You know because the compressor is not turning. Dumb fuel saving strategy !
I thought the AC was electric no belt driven compressor?
Sponsored