TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Basically you need a PC (I'm a Mac/iOS guy so bought a cheap Asus laptop just for this use) and a OBDlink EX Forscan OBD adaptor (Amazon $60.00). Download Forscan and purchase the user license which I think was $10 or something like that. Seems a little intimidating at first but pretty easy once you understand the program. Lots of tutorials on Youtube.
Thanks very much for this info. 👍
Sponsored

Maverick Grabber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chrysler 200, 2022 Maverick XLT Red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do not have my Maverick yet or I would check this myself. On the 6.5" Productivity Screen (Lariat, FX/4 & Tremor) it is my understanding that if you select menu, then select screens there is an option to select / deselect the Auto Start Stop Feature. Is this indeed the case? Thanx.
A. press the button on the console.
B Use it, I do as it saves gas.
C. Lift your foot off of the brake pedal for a split second.

OP
OP
Bob The Builder

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A. press the button on the console.
B Use it, I do as it saves gas.
C. Lift your foot off of the brake pedal for a split second.
Going to give it a shot and see it this feature works for me. If not, then I will buy the widget. I can't believe, given how little I drive, that this feature will save me an appreciable amount of gas even over the long term.

Mike S

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Ecosport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Going to give it a shot and see it this feature works for me. If not, then I will buy the widget. I can't believe, given how little I drive, that this feature will save me an appreciable amount of gas even over the long term.
Why is this feature so annoying for you? For me, sitting at a red light with the engine running is annoying.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
People are funny.....they demand to be able to push a button to start & stop their vehicle. But refuse to push a button to turn off a feature. 🤡

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bob The Builder

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why is this feature so annoying for you? For me, sitting at a red light with the engine running is annoying.
I do not like it on my wife's Jeep. I just don't. There are certain things in life that some people like and some don't. I am one of those that don't. Sort of like why me not liking this feature seems to annoy you, but not others here. :) Not trying to be a wise ass, just stating what I am observing.

BTW to the poster above I did not demand to push a button to start my truck or I would have purchased a Lariat. The key works fine for me. It is not the button but the fact the vehicle is off when I do not want it to.

Now both you guys got me wondering why in hell I am sitting here in front of my keyboard defending myself for not liking this. Hahahahahaha. :ROFLMAO:

Mike S

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Ecosport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do not like it on my wife's Jeep. I just don't. There are certain things in life that some people like and some don't. I am one of those that don't. Sort of like why me not liking this feature seems to annoy you, but not others here. :) Not trying to be a wise ass, just stating what I am observing.

BTW to the poster above I did not demand to push a button to start my truck or I would have purchased a Lariat. The key works fine for me. It is not the button but the fact the vehicle is off when I do not want it to.

Now both you guys got me wondering why in hell I am sitting here in front of my keyboard defending myself for not liking this. Hahahahahaha. :ROFLMAO:
It's interesting how people have different personal preferences. I love the push button start in my Titanium Ecosport. I thought that it was a useless gimick before I bought the car. After one day of not having to dig the key out of my pocket to unlock the door and start the car and I was sold. I was bummed that the only way to get this on the Maverick was to upgrade to the Lariat. I couldn't justify the extra $4K just to get this one feature.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I was not singling you out, just making a humorous (to me, anyway...) casual observation. People are free to like/dislike whatever they want, but I'll always find most of it funny, including my own oddities. 🤠

BlueSpec1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT 2.5L, 22 Escape Plug In, 23 Bolt EUV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Autostop Eliminator, Discount Code: F150FORUM -$10.00

PRH

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can't say for sure... I have a "Lowly" XL :ROFLMAO:...
All I do is "push" the little Start/Stop Button, right after I buckle up the seat belt..
After while, I don't even notice it...

Jerry
It has become a, daily party of my routine too ... that and switching to eco-mode are the first things I do (on the console though - much easier). I can assure you though that these settings are temporary and must be done everything. It's too bad that Ford wouldn't have at least made the Eco-mode setting 'sticks if it was chosen.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bob The Builder

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It has become a, daily party of my routine too ... that and switching to eco-mode are the first things I do (on the console though - much easier). I can assure you though that these settings are temporary and must be done everything. It's too bad that Ford wouldn't have at least made the Eco-mode setting 'sticks if it was chosen.
Some manufacturers do make the ECO mode to stick. I know Hyundai & Kia do. As for the A/S/S not sure but I would bet the manufacturers would deem that self defeating. Just a guess though.

yamahaSHO

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 07 Jeep CRD, 04 S2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

AC stops working, oil pressure drops, start gets significantly more cycles.

Mike S

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Ecosport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
AC stops working, oil pressure drops, start gets significantly more cycles.
In my EcoSport, the AC doesn't stop when the engine turns off. The air still blows thru the coils taking advantage of the residual cooling. Depending on the outside / inside temps, the car is smart enough to start the engine if it needs to to keep the inside temp comfortable.

As far as oil presure and start cycles, I trust Ford and all the other companies with Start/Stop vehicles to have engineered their systems properly so this doesn't reduce the life of the vehicle.

yamahaSHO

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 07 Jeep CRD, 04 S2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The compressor stops spinning, so the A/C stops actually working. I can always tell when I am in an rental that does Auto S/S as at a stop light, the A/C doesn't feel nearly as good, which is when I release the brake. The evaporator will have some delta, but it's not nearly as good as it running and it won't hang on long.

The car doesn't know if I am comfortable. I need cold air blowing on me, not cool.

Yeah, don't trust that... It's ALL an EPA thing. There is no way it doesn't reduce the life of parts needing oil supply that lose then pressure and then have to start back up. When it cranks up every time, those first combustion events are not going to have desired oil pressure.

Been in this game too long... I don't blindly trust anyone. Had a customer lose a $50k engine last week due to trusting the experts.... On their own product.

Motorjunkie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 vette, 71Fiat 850, 91 Mercedes 500SL, 2001 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do not have my Maverick yet or I would check this myself. On the 6.5" Productivity Screen (Lariat, FX/4 & Tremor) it is my understanding that if you select menu, then select screens there is an option to select / deselect the Auto Start Stop Feature. Is this indeed the case? Thanx.
Added the bypass kit. Best money I have spent on my maverick thus far.
Sponsored