Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

From Ford:

As a refresher, Maverick has two 12-volt 20-amp prewired sources at the back enabling DIY electrical solutions. While doing customer research during Maverick’s development, the Maverick team saw lots of people hacking into their wiring harness to run things like lighting, air pumps and other electrical accessories. The team wanted to give Maverick customers a better and safer option – and so e-DIY was born.

Gaby Grajales (photo attached above) is the electrical engineer who helped develop standard built-in 12-volt electrical power prewired to an easily removable cover on either side of the back of the bed to support DIY electrical projects.

While Maverick customers still have the option to buy accessories like factory-available box lighting, they can use their creativity to do electrical DIY projects through the 12-volt access points.

Beyond DIY electrical, there are two available 110-volt 400-watt outlets – one in the bed and one in the cabin – that can power phones, laptops, small TVs, a cordless tool battery charger, or a small, corded tool like a jigsaw.

Ford Maverick Hack Your Ford Maverick DIY Video: Installing Bed Rail Lighting & Air Compressor (12V Accessories) Gaby

Also see: earlier Hack Your Maverick DIY videos

Sponsored

Last edited:

Tony_The_Wiseguy

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Area 51

From Ford:

As a refresher, Maverick has two 12-volt 20-amp prewired sources at the back enabling DIY electrical solutions. While doing customer research during Maverick’s development, the Maverick team saw lots of people hacking into their wiring harness to run things like lighting, air pumps and other electrical accessories. The team wanted to give Maverick customers a better and safer option – and so e-DIY was born.

Gaby Grajales (photo attached above) is the electrical engineer who helped develop standard built-in 12-volt electrical power prewired to an easily removable cover on either side of the back of the bed to support DIY electrical projects.

While Maverick customers still have the option to buy accessories like factory-available box lighting, they can use their creativity to do electrical DIY projects through the 12-volt access points.

Beyond DIY electrical, there are two available 110-volt 400-watt outlets – one in the bed and one in the cabin – that can power phones, laptops, small TVs, a cordless tool battery charger, or a small, corded tool like a jigsaw.

Gaby.jpg

Also see: earlier Hack Your Maverick DIY videos

This is sweet. Thanks for sharing!

MDRN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat First Edition Hybrid Rapid Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can save yourself the cost of a heat gun and just hold the shrink tube joint over the hot soldering iron for about 5 seconds while gently turning the wire. Does the same job with less expense.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice to see a cooler fit under the bed rails. Anyone know the height of the rails? I'm thinking of building raised cargo shelf over the front half of the bed (cooler + heavier gear underneath and lighter stuff on the shelf).

Sponsored

j1truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EGolf
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is It possible to install your own 110v inverter to the 12v? If so, how big can it be? Just around 200w?​

LostDude25

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain, Dodge Dakota, Jeep Renegade
Anyone know where we can get the cable that attaches to the plug? Part Number? Amazon Link?

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone know where we can get the cable that attaches to the plug? Part Number? Amazon Link?
I remember seeing or reading that two connectors come with the vehicle.

LostDude25

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain, Dodge Dakota, Jeep Renegade
I remember seeing or reading that two connectors come with the vehicle.
Not those, the plug that connects to the connectors that come with the vehicle!

Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not those, the plug that connects to the connectors that come with the vehicle!
Yes, that's what I mean. I know I saw a picture or a video of two of them in plastic bags with bare wire ends....someone said two of them come with the vehicle. All I've been able to find in a search is THIS POST. It may have been a YouTube video....can't remember.

csmith9058

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Csmith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, that's what I mean. I know I saw a picture or a video of two of them in plastic bags with bare wire ends....someone said two of them come with the vehicle. All I've been able to find in a search is THIS POST. It may have been a YouTube video....can't remember.
I found this....says it ships with 2 pigtail connectors along with the already installed 2 pin connectors. Maybe the pigtail connectors are what you saw?

The Maverick ships with two e-DIY 12-volt power sources in the back, good for 20 amps each. Each consists of a stout two-pin connector hidden behind a blanking plate on either side of the bed. The connector can be unplugged from this plate, and hooked up to a supplied pigtail connector instead. The owner can solder up any 12-volt accessories they like to this pigtail connector without having to chop into parts of the truck's original loom. Extra Ford e-DIY pigtail connectors can be purchased from dealerships as needed.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I found this....says it ships with 2 pigtail connectors along with the already installed 2 pin connectors. Maybe the pigtail connectors are what you saw?

The Maverick ships with two e-DIY 12-volt power sources in the back, good for 20 amps each. Each consists of a stout two-pin connector hidden behind a blanking plate on either side of the bed. The connector can be unplugged from this plate, and hooked up to a supplied pigtail connector instead. The owner can solder up any 12-volt accessories they like to this pigtail connector without having to chop into parts of the truck's original loom. Extra Ford e-DIY pigtail connectors can be purchased from dealerships as needed.
Probably so. Where is this from?

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some cool ideas!