Sponsored

LostDude25

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain, Dodge Dakota, Jeep Renegade
Picked up my truck today and it came with only one wire. There are two spots to connect it. Here is a pic of it with the part number
Ford Maverick Hack Your Ford Maverick DIY Video: Installing Bed Rail Lighting & Air Compressor (12V Accessories) 1633397200400
Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

kw86er

First Name
KW86ER
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2L XLT FX4
If it were me, I'd just connect a 2-pin Deutsch DT or Amphenol AT (generic, but mechanically identical) connector to the end of each included Ford e-DIY pigtail.

Deutsch DT connectors are way more common in the aftermarket, both for raw connector components and accessories that utilize the connector (such as LED off road lights).

I also wouldn't suggest soldering wires. Closed-barrel crimping is easier, faster, and is the specified method for some OEMs for repairing wiring harnesses.

I'm not talking about those red/blue/yellow insulated connectors you get from Harbor Freight or Auto Zone, but using UL-listed uninsulated barrel connectors from a reputable manufacturer like Morris Products, crimping them with Channel Lock 909 pliers or similar, and covering them with adhesive-lined shrink tubing. Guaranteed that you'll have minimal electrical resistance and that the wire will snap before the connector lets go.

As notfast sais, it is not recommended to solder wire on a vehicle. Mechanical fasteners are the correct method. If they ran this video by the Ford engineers they would have made them change it. You can find debates all over the internet on this topic and you will likely agree with this statement if you take the time to research it. I have been building custom motorcycles and guitar amps for decades. I solder my amps and use mechanical fasteners on my bikes.

Sponsored

ToothGrinder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So does the power inverter for the bed not available outside the lux package?
I ordered XLT, 4k, FX4 and I just saw that it was not included.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So does the power inverter for the bed not available outside the lux package?
I ordered XLT, 4k, FX4 and I just saw that it was not included.
I don't think it is, but it wouldn't surprise me if it shows up in parts, soon.

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What I don't understand is why the video shows the need to disconnect the battery when all you have to do is NOT plug the damn thing in until after you get everything soldered and installed... Why would you need to disconnect the battery? lol

CajunMick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Heman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, that's what I mean. I know I saw a picture or a video of two of them in plastic bags with bare wire ends....someone said two of them come with the vehicle. All I've been able to find in a search is THIS POST. It may have been a YouTube video....can't remember.
I found only 1 in under the seat storage bin. Asked salesman what’s that for…he not know. But after I pulled the cover marked 12VDC, and the connector, realized it the jumper to use 12 vdc somewhere, somehow. And learned about it here, on this forum. It just keeps getting better!

And I wonder why need to disconnect the battery. If one careful with wiring, should be able to do connections safe.
Sponsored