First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That Co. stealer description is vague, doesn't even mention which model, XL, XLT or Lariat.

Paging through craigslist occasionally I note Carvana lists 2 year old cars at new list price, can't see how they got so big...
Heard of dealer offering several thousand over what they paid (am guessing invoice or less, maybe MSRP?) To people if they wanted to sell their car back! Supply and demand adjustment. Then he can flip it and make $1-2k. My son had a Telluride in Hail storm last March, took 3 months to find and buy last roof, even bracing under roof panel had to be replaced. 100% repaint,. Hopes to get car soon but body shop closed due to covid. Last cost I heard $21k+. He needs it back so he can have hail damage repair started on his pickup.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really do not get people who pay over MSRP (my neighbor just did about $3500). You have to figure that if the old standby of 15%-20% loss of value, when you drive the car off the lot plus now the markup over MSRP. You are losing 25%-40% of the value as soon as you drive an over MSRP vehicle off the lot.

You might not realize the loss initially with the inflated used market, but when you go to trade in/sell your vehicle in 2-3 years, the loss is going to be painful for those who paid over MSRP.
What will be markup for maverick when 1/3 of all F150,F250,? Owners decide they want one for daily driver when it costs them $300 +/- to fill up?

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We shall see. My order shows the msrp, and there was no mention of charging more. I am not against dealers charging over MSRP. I am against the surprise markups at the last minute like some Bronco buyers have faced recently.

If dealer post higher prices and people see it and pay it, all good.
One dealer says they can't get a Maverick for test drives, only for customer orders. Therefore, hit an ordered truck with a surprise mark-up and the customer cancels, giving the dealer a truck to play with.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One dealer says they can't get a Maverick for test drives, only for customer orders. Therefore, hit an ordered truck with a surprise mark-up and the customer cancels, giving the dealer a truck to play with.
I was thinking about that today. How many dealers are just playing along with retail orders, intending on surprising the customer will a markup later. The dealer wins either way: either the customer who ordered the truck pays the extra, or the next customer does

Sponsored

NapsterKnowHow

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
I was thinking about that today. How many dealers are just playing along with retail orders, intending on surprising the customer will a markup later. The dealer wins either way: either the customer who ordered the truck pays the extra, or the next customer does
Or end up with a collection of overpriced Mavericks sitting on their lot

A_Turkey_Sammich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Engine
Undecided
I think there may be something to this. I won’t name dealership or anything as it was a quick casual check to see if any orders/demo/dealer trainers were inbound just to see and sit in one, and a casual ask if they were dealing at all, just msrp, or marking up. No pressing or further discussion or anything to see if they were serious or just playing their game of starting real high. Anyhow, that particular dealer/salesman replied with a pretty hefty markup (along the lines of in stock markups you hear lately) even on an ordered one. This is in SE TX. I bet some of them probably are angling to get the same money in the end on an ordered vehicle they’ve been able to get away with on stock units.

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think there may be something to this. I won’t name dealership or anything as it was a quick casual check to see if any orders/demo/dealer trainers were inbound just to see and sit in one, and a casual ask if they were dealing at all, just msrp, or marking up. No pressing or further discussion or anything to see if they were serious or just playing their game of starting real high. Anyhow, that particular dealer/salesman replied with a pretty hefty markup (along the lines of in stock markups you hear lately) even on an ordered one. This is in SE TX. I bet some of them probably are angling to get the same money in the end on an ordered vehicle they’ve been able to get away with on stock units.
If mine ever comes in, and they do the mark up game, my Honda will stay in my garage. Nothing wrong with it. Will last another 150,000 miles.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Spiffster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why the hell is Ford letting these dealerships bait and switch people on custom orders? There should be laws against this kind of shit.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I definitely worry about this. But I've ordered Cyber Orange, the least popular color, so maybe they won't want it lol

mav_nav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That Co. stealer description is vague, doesn't even mention which model, XL, XLT or Lariat.

Paging through craigslist occasionally I note Carvana lists 2 year old cars at new list price, can't see how they got so big...
some say they created this

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Why the hell is Ford letting these dealerships bait and switch people on custom orders? There should be laws against this kind of shit.
It's not hard to understand, the dealers are not owned by Ford. The dealer purchases the trucks and the trucks are owned by the dealership, then they can set whatever price they want. The real issue is, why are there people who would purchase a Maverick for 4K over MSRP. This is why ALL the dealerships are so against Tesla....
Sponsored