Sponsored

Anyone seen dealer markup (ADM) on Ford Maverick?

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Warnings were all over this site for at least three months.

Those who ordered and didn't have a "Buyer's Order" signed by both the buyer and the dealership's sales/general manager with all costs listed and a total agreed upon out-the-door price then you were just leaving yourself open to having ADM, Dealer Add-On Costs or other expensive dealer fees added to the order on delivery.

Many people here ignored the warnings. They said their dealer was the good guy that they trusted the dealership. Now we see the consequence of those actions.

Reputable dealerships will have no problem in having your verbal agreement/DORA turned into a "Buyer's Order".

Bad dealerships will make excuses that you don't need it and will hit you up with excessive costs upon delivery.

Because of the warnings I went to my dealership and had a"Buyer's Order" done with what was agreed upon when I ordered and signed by myself and the general sales manager. No issues whatsoever doing this. Doing the "Buyer's Order" took about 15 minutes and well worth the peace of mind for me.

Upon delivery I paid exactly what was agreed upon.

Everyone here without a "signed buyers order" is tempting fate that they won't be screwed with add-on fees when their Maverick is delivered.
Damn us all for thinking people would still stand by their word. I will never do that again, not sure I am better because of it.
Sponsored

turbocharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid
I have a signed DORA (just by me) but with names of sales/dealer manager, think that's good enough to avoid ADM? Other people who have ordered from the same dealer say they were told the dealer wasn't doing ADM on the retail orders too

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a signed DORA (just by me) but with names of sales/dealer manager, think that's good enough to avoid ADM? Other people who have ordered from the same dealer say they were told the dealer wasn't doing ADM on the retail orders too
What you are saying is exactly what others have said before and then on delivery they got hit with unexpected dealer charges on delivery.

Without a signature by the sales/general manager it is not a legal contract. Even if it was signed it would still allow additional dealer fees to be added.

Without a final out-the-door price listed you can be subjected to additional unexpected dealer charges on delivery which include:

ADM, Limited Inventory, or other nonsense terms that mean the same thing
Addendum Sticker Scam Costs: Addendum Sticker Car Dealer Scam Explained
Other expensive dealer fees added to the order on delivery

Why are you reluctant to go into the dealership and have a "Buyer's Order" signed by both you and the dealership's sales/general manager with all costs listed and a total agreed upon out-the-door price?

Why gamble?

Last edited:

Dochatley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, 2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Town East Ford. Heres a truck for any suckers out there. Wait a while and you can get them at below sticker. I can name so many auto’s that people had to have when they came out and paid way over worth. If that’s your thing more power to you.
Ford Maverick Anyone seen dealer markup (ADM) on Ford Maverick? 28BBBACA-6B61-4F5C-8E14-CBF3D1E1EB56

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
Has anyone experianced Dealer Markup.I just seen a 55k Santa Cruz
When I decided to buy a maverick I called a local dealer. They said they were tacking on 5k adm. I posted this on a review on the website and they contacted me within 5 minutes begging me to remove it.

Sponsored

BP from C137

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier P4X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The worst I have seen yet in Northern VA is $10000 at Sheehy and Koons Baltimore. I thought this was bad until I saw the one posted from TX.

mjkladis

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
All of this is making me just want to order with Long McArthur Ford in August. I’ll take the trip to Kansas over dealing with local crooks.

Mvpjr51

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A dealership in Maryland is marking up Mavericks an average of $4-5K, even after an initial price was negotiated...unethical at best! One has even taken Bronco's to auction to get as much as a $10K markup. Destroys the Oval Blue image!
What specific dealer in MD were you talking about? Thanks!

Feldgary53

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick incoming, ‘13 Porsche 911,‘19 Audi Q3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just saw this on Autotrader, Lariat Hybrid Lux. Please don't be this guy !! Or buy from him!

Ford Maverick Anyone seen dealer markup (ADM) on Ford Maverick? IMG_1053

Theosud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A dealership in Maryland is marking up Mavericks an average of $4-5K, even after an initial price was negotiated...unethical at best! One has even taken Bronco's to auction to get as much as a $10K markup. Destroys the Oval Blue image!
I am in Maryland and interested in the name of the dealer you mentioned above. My Lariat Hybrid is en route and I expect delivery to my dealer in just a few days! I'm concerned I may run into a markup despite the previously negotiated price.

Sponsored

golfdude59

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Blazer RS
Town East Ford. Heres a truck for any suckers out there. Wait a while and you can get them at below sticker. I can name so many auto’s that people had to have when they came out and paid way over worth. If that’s your thing more power to you.
28BBBACA-6B61-4F5C-8E14-CBF3D1E1EB56.jpeg
Shame on you Town East Ford/Berkshire Hathaway Autogroup/Kurt Jones

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What if we never actually signed an agreement? When I ordered mine, I did it %100 online. I filled out a reservation form on the dealer's website, a dealer rep emailed me back, said they are requiring $500 deposits to put in the order and gave me the link to pay for it, I paid and he sent me the order information.

PS: My order paper says "This is not an invoice." I also have a copy of the window sticker which doesn't show any markup on it.
Sorry, I just saw this. Ford's records show you control the Mav with your DL (even if you gave no down payment) so the dealer has to honor the price on your order form. Think about it, if your on-line order and deposit means nothing, then the dealer would not call you when you truck arrives and sell it to some sucker on the lot +15k.

Check with your atty but IMO basic business law says the order form's offer + your signed acceptance = Contract.

A contract does not need to be 10 pages of fine print to be valid. Someone wrote that he won a court case just based on text messages. If your signed order form at msrp meant nothing it would be the BAIT. Then if the dealer tried to unilaterally make a one-sided decision on some random future price increase after you sign, that would be the SWITCH.

Don't let them bully you into agreeing to a new price by saying they will sell it to someone else if you do not buy it. Don't get mad and walk either, they will probably laugh as you leave. They will tell Ford you canceled and will then have no obligation to you any more.

And do not let them charge you anything that is not on your order form, like dealer adds and ex warranty. Anything the finance manager makes an extra commission on must mean it is overpriced. If you really want a warranty, buy Car Shield or some other program in 3 years. Buying it now would be a waste if you decide to sell the truck before then anyway.
Sponsored