OP

Lukeb321

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3P, Honda SUV
Don't feel to bad. My dealer in Tucson had a Larite in stock since the buyer got tired of waiting and bought something else. It habut close enough to everything that I wanted , almost, so I bought it. It went from 36 to 55. I normanly would have walked away but since I will be 88 in a couple of weeks, I didn't think I could wat till the end of next year for a truck. They stuck it to me! My trade in was 18,500 And they have it listed for 30,000! Got me twice! Just a reminder to never buy or sell from, to them again!
Please tell me this a joke.
19k markup, 55k for a Maverick, 11,500 profit on trade in. Oh Lord.
Sponsored

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
Whether it is "bad business" is solely your (or anyone's ) judgement. These dealers are doing what they think needs to be done to stay profitable enough to stay in business. Nobody forces you to buy a new car from them.

The used car market has KBB and other tools to judge the value of a car. Might not be called MSRP but it's sure as hell there. You just may not know of it.
I have heard that new vehicle sales used to account for 20% of the dealer's profit. In today's world, it's probably a lot less. I say get rid of the slimy commissioned salesmen and replace them with salaried order takers. We can order a new vehicle exactly the way we want it in our footy pajamas and never leave our house.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have heard that new vehicle sales used to account for 20% of the dealer's profit. In today's world, it's probably a lot less. I say get rid of the slimy commissioned salesmen and replace them with salaried order takers. We can order a new vehicle exactly the way we want it in our footy pajamas and never leave our house.
Readily available at CarMax and many other dealers including new car sales lots. For many years.

Sponsored

MrEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Rav 4
This is exactly what I'm afraid my dealership will do. My worst fear is waiting all this time waiting for it just so they can sneak in a $5-10K markup and really make me decide if I wanna go forward with it. I'm hoping that since my dealer advertises upfront pricing and no dealer fees, they will actually follow that business model and give me the vehicle at MSRP, especially considering that I ordered it and not picked it from the lot as a stock unit. For anyone that is interested, I'm getting it from Mullinax Ford in South Florida so if anyone knows whether this chain marks up their cars or not, please let me know.
I ordered my Mav Hybrid First Edition with Luxe pkg and 360. When I printed the window sticker, there was an increase of $890 over the price shown on my order sheet. Several options had increased in price. I pointed it out to the GM at my dealership and he agreed that it would sell for the price first listed. Thank goodness.

HybridNiroGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered my Mav Hybrid First Edition with Luxe pkg and 360. When I printed the window sticker, there was an increase of $890 over the price shown on my order sheet. Several options had increased in price. I pointed it out to the GM at my dealership and he agreed that it would sell for the price first listed. Thank goodness.
That will be a big thing to monitor in the future. If you go on the build site, things like trailer hitches have quadrupled in price. Is it temporary? Maybe. But mostly everything has gone up, which may dissuade many from myself from ordering a 23 hybrid after driving around an EB for a bit

HybridNiroGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now I look and prices changed again. Their website is incredibly glitchy

MrEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Rav 4
That will be a big thing to monitor in the future. If you go on the build site, things like trailer hitches have quadrupled in price. Is it temporary? Maybe. But mostly everything has gone up, which may dissuade many from myself from ordering a 23 hybrid after driving around an EB for a bit
I understand that prices increase but the numbers I was shown during the order process are the numbers that convinced me to purchase. Any other numbers are irrelevant to me.

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please tell me this a joke.
19k markup, 55k for a Maverick, 11,500 profit on trade in. Oh Lord.
The Maverick ain't that nice of a truck, You can order the Ford Lightning entry level for 40K.
If you wait another 1 or 2 for one

07_Shelby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT , 2008 Sport Trac Limited
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost