First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks to be unavailable on Amazon right now. Is anyone know if it is available for sale anywhere else? If not, I'll just check back for when it's in stock
I read an article a few weeks ago that Amazon was their distributor they selected for North America. I don't know if that will change later, but that's how it's starting at least. They may appear on Ebay. I imagine it's going to end up in the hands of folks who don't have compatible phones who may sell them.
Sponsored

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't try this yet as I'm still missing a part to make it all work --- My Maverick! 😞 Ordered Oct. 25. Could be in for a l--o--n--g wait.

Jimmy P

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have my wireless charging mat plugged into the rear console and ran the wire along the center console on the driver side. You cant even see it and it keeps my front ports open. I just drop my phone on the mat, it connects almost instantly and it keeps it charged and shuts off when it's fully Charged & doesn't overheat my phone
Can you recommend the wireless charging mat? Model and where you got it? This just what I'm looking for to add to my XLT, along with the Motorola wireless Android device.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Blues

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Received my Motorola MA1 USB Dongle to create a Wireless Android Auto experience. Instructions just say to plug in your Android 11 or newer phone in the USB-A port (not USB-C port), establish a wired Android Auto connection. After you are fully connected, unplug your phone from the USB-A port and immediately plug in the MA1 wireless dongle. Wait for the lights on the MA1 to flash blue. Then connect the same phone you just unplugged to MA1 using Bluetooth.

I did that. In about 30 seconds my Spotify started playing, then pressed the Waze button at the bottom. SUCCESS! It was just that easy. No problems. They even give you a double stick pad to mount it up under the dash. I turned off the truck, walked away 5 minutes. Came back, started up and everything just reconnected in about 5-6 seconds.

Everything works just as if it was plugged in. Except for charging. But if I want to charge it, I can set it on the wireless mat, or plug it into any open port.

EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED.

So, this was on SYNC 3 in a Lariat. But it is confirmed by @pxpaulx to also work on an XLT radio. It should work just fine on the identical XL radio too.

UPDATE: After a few hours of use, the self stick pad kept popping off. It didn't want to adhere well on the plastic directly under the Lariat USB ports. I also was able to plug in a second phone into the USB-C port and it did not interrupt the Wireless Android Auto experience. Additionally, I noticed that on Spotify when I advanced a track on the steering wheel, the song would advance immediately on the screen but there would be a 1-2 second delay before the song audibly actually changed.

UPDATE 2: I also notice that sometimes when I initially start the Maverick that even though Android Auto starts near immediately and Waze or Spotify pops up on the screen right away, it doesn't always auto start the current song playing in Spotify. I sometimes have to press the play button. I actually kinda like that. It's just not consistent. It seems like 80% of the time Spotify auto plays and 20% I am having to press play.

View attachment 33474
Brick House just came to life on Spotify! See the dongle just hanging there. Instructions on the seat.

20220127_164518_HDR.jpg

20220127_164521.jpg

They include an adhesive pad to mount it.

20220127_164811.jpg

Close up after mounting.

View attachment 33478
Tidy and tucked up out of the way. Wow, I didn't realize it was blurry!
Thanks for the great information. Your pictures are very good too.I will be checking into the Motorola for my xlt.

Sponsored

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks to be unavailable on Amazon right now. Is anyone know if it is available for sale anywhere else? If not, I'll just check back for when it's in stock
just looked this morning. I meant to pull the trigger on one the other day but got side tracked. Hope they come back in stock soon......Not that I have my mav yet.

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - 🌵 Grey
Can you recommend the wireless charging mat? Model and where you got it? This just what I'm looking for to add to my XLT, along with the Motorola wireless Android device.
I got it off Amazon - JADJ Wireless Charger, Qi-Certified 15W Max Fast Wireless Charging Pad (No AC Adapter) for iPhone SE, 13/12/11 Pro/Pro Max, Xs Max, XR, XS, X, 8, 8 Plus, AirPods, Galaxy S20 S10 S9 S8, Note 10 9 8

I have a note ultra 20 5g & it works perfect

Tech199

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you haven't read the Original Post lately, I have made three updates that are worth catching up on. They are color coded to help them stand out for easy catch up.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
How much does it cost?

OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The MA1 is not available at amazon, and it says it don't know if it will become available. I tried eBay, no luck there either. I did a general search, and nada, I don't see any of these for sale.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The MA1 is not available at amazon, and it says it don't know if it will become available. I tried eBay, no luck there either. I did a general search, and nada, I don't see any of these for sale.
Yesterday was the first day it was available, but preorder has been up for a couple of weeks. This has been a highly anticipated item, so availability will probably be scarce for a while.

Only available at Amazon and the manufacturer website, though I read target may be selling it staying tomorrow as well so check there early.

criminosis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 First Edition Rapid Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Naranjita if you'd be so kind, could you try a couple things?

1. If you unplug the MA1 does your phone still connect to your Maverick's Bluetooth?
2. If you forget the MA1 in your phone's Bluetooth settings and then plug it back in to the Maverick does wireless Android Auto still work?

Basically just curious if the truck is just maybe beating the MA1 in connecting since it starts up first (assuming the USB ports turn off with the truck).

Also I'm wanting to make sure that Sync will know about my phone still to try to call emergency services if I get in a wreck since that's a feature of Sync. If it's some kind of Bluetooth handover by the MA1 then Sync may not know there's a phone available if the USB port becomes unpowered in the wreck (depending on the damage, the MA1 becomes unplugged, etc etc)
Sponsored