g1zstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid Barebones
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Man I need to upgrade from XL. USB slots on the right seems much more comfortable.

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@pxpaulx does it stay "on" when the truck is turned off? I thought those USB ports were "always on". That would be a "con" for me having to unplug it to stop the power drain when I turn off the truck. (And I know it is a very, very small drain.)

About plugging in...You should have a setting on your Android phone to "always leave screen on when charging" so that if you plug in your screen stays on and it can push the display to AA.

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I own the AAwireless, my setup wasn't as smooth as described above, but that's probably my fault.
Now that it is setup it seems to be working great.
Glad more options are coming to market.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Man I need to upgrade from XL. USB slots on the right seems much more comfortable.
That configuration is Lariat only (possibly Lux as well?)

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@pxpaulx does it stay "on" when the truck is turned off? I thought those USB ports were "always on". That would be a "con" for me having to unplug it to stop the power drain when I turn off the truck. (And I know it is a very, very small drain.)

About plugging in...You should have a setting on your Android phone to "always leave screen on when charging" so that if you plug in your screen stays on and it can push the display to AA.
I charge my phone by my bed...don't like to have that on at night!

Without going out to my truck, the bluetooth connection is not presently active.

OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice. I ordered one earlier today.

How the Assistant responsiveness when pressing the button on the steering wheel?
Excellent. I love how responsive/easy it is to use the button.
After using a few hours tonight, it did develop a little delay. On Spotify, if I advance a song it instantly changes on the screen but it will take about 1-2 seconds for the song to change. Not a big deal functionally, but it is noticeable compared to how it works direct wired.

It is amazing how fast it connects. I prestarted my truck from the Safeway check out line. When I got to parking lot and opened my Maverick door, sat down and pressed the Start ignition button, it was already connected when the stereo display turned live. Zero delay in that instance. Amazing.

The adhesive pad they sent with will not hold to the underside. It keeps popping off. Will need to find a better attachment solution. Think I will try some 3M automotive tape I have next.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My phone is still using Android 9 and being older not apt to get an update. Will that still work or is Android 11 required?

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Spectrasonic

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi A5 Sportback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got mine yesterday as well, and it works great! I thought Amazon sent me the wrong thing when I saw it arrived in a cheap cardboard box. Luckily the device itself is amazing, my phone connects very quickly and no different from the wired experience.

The only cons I can think of are:
- My vehicles don't shut off USB power right when the car is turned off, but sometime after. This confuses the phone to still remain in Android Auto mode even when I'm in my house. So my phone will still be playing music because it thinks the car is still on, but of course I cannot hear it
-Not a fault of the MA1, but I wish there was a way to not start Android Auto for short drives so I don't waste battery. Now Android Auto/Maps starts no matter how short the drive
-Again, not a fault of the MA1, but my Audi will now always say 'You left your phone in the vehicle' when I get out of the car, because it thinks the MA1 is a phone. Probably a way to turn that off.

Ford Maverick Get Wireless Android Auto w/ Motorola MA1 USB Dongle -- reviews 20220128_085603

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got mine yesterday as well, and it works great! I thought Amazon sent me the wrong thing when I saw it arrived in a cheap cardboard box. Luckily the device itself is amazing, my phone connects very quickly and no different from the wired experience.

The only cons I can think of are:
- My vehicles don't shut off USB power right when the car is turned off, but sometime after. This confuses the phone to still remain in Android Auto mode even when I'm in my house. So my phone will still be playing music because it thinks the car is still on, but of course I cannot hear it
-Not a fault of the MA1, but I wish there was a way to not start Android Auto for short drives so I don't waste battery. Now Android Auto/Maps starts no matter how short the drive
-Again, not a fault of the MA1, but my Audi will now always say 'You left your phone in the vehicle' when I get out of the car, because it thinks the MA1 is a phone. Probably a way to turn that off.
I didn't experience any of those issues myself yesterday, but I'll make sure to pay attention for them today. I did check later last night and there was no connection to the MA1 bluetooth available on my phone. I don't recall experiencing a lingering connection either. I don't drive enough myself to be too concerned with short trip connections (and don't have that many very short trips anyway!) but I could see that being annoying occasionally.

Jcaudi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks to be unavailable on Amazon right now. Is anyone know if it is available for sale anywhere else? If not, I'll just check back for when it's in stock

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks to be unavailable on Amazon right now. Is anyone know if it is available for sale anywhere else? If not, I'll just check back for when it's in stock
dang. I just looked like a half hour ago and it was saying mid march for delivery. they must have sold out quickly. Hope my pre-order gets shipped soon.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
dang. I just looked like a half hour ago and it was saying mid march for delivery. they must have sold out quickly. Hope my pre-order gets shipped soon.
When they are available to order again, hopefully it won't be so long a wait.

I pre-ordered just a couple of weeks ago - it went from delivery in March, to delivery in February, to shipped earlier this week and delivered yesterday. I think it is just very high demand at this point!
Sponsored