Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just throwing this out there. I havent received any mavericks yet but my pricing sheet for my 2023 roll over order is interesting.

We went for a Tremor, our old order was for a fx/4k with full sized spare and floor mats, and 235s(all of which come standard on the Tremor).

So our invoice shows that the New order is only $1350 more than our old order and that is without the price protection rebate. So if we didnt have a rollover the and had to chose between a new FX4/4K and a Tremor the price would be about the same? Granted lesser towing, but trade for the lift, approach ange and the better diff.

Not to mention appearance and possible resale value.
Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
DrivingSportsTV on YouTube put the FX4 4k to the test and ended up buying a Ranger because it couldn’t cut it off-road.

Looked like it did fine to me offroad within reason- Yes its not a Tacoma/TRD - 2+ feet deep troughs will cause some damage but lift springs and 245/65s are a solid workaround-

mjkladis

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
For my lifestyle at the moment and for at least 5 years, I don’t myself needing over 2,000 lbs of towing capacity.
I do see myself taking some tough paths to get to a certain spot and this Tremor should do it beautifully.

Ajrcktts

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending 2023 Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Prediction: FX4 with 4Ktow and a 2" lift will go more places than the Tremor can.
Is there anything that would keep someone from adding another 1 - 2" lift to the Tremors? How do you think the Tremor would do with the upgraded AWD and additional 1 - 2" lift as compared to the FX4 with 4K town?

Sponsored

Mav as heck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Is there anything that would keep someone from adding another 1 - 2" lift to the Tremors? How do you think the Tremor would do with the upgraded AWD and additional 1 - 2" lift as compared to the FX4 with 4K town?
I'm not interested in the answer to either of those questions. You're happy to take a swing at them, though.

What I find vastly more interesting is the idea that the FX4/4k with a modest lift might equal or even outperform the Tremor as equipped from the factory.

Ajrcktts

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not interested in the answer to either of those questions. You're happy to take a swing at them, though.

What I find vastly more interesting is the idea that the FX4/4k with a modest lift might equal or even outperform the Tremor as equipped from the factory.
I was actually looking for insight as I don't have a clue. Switching gears, is there a particular reason you think the FX4/4K + lift would outperform the Tremor off road?

Mav as heck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I was actually looking for insight as I don't have a clue. Switching gears, is there a particular reason you think the FX4/4K + lift would outperform the Tremor off road?
The main benefit of the Tremor is the ability to go over curbs without scraping the the air dams in front of the wheels :ROFLMAO:

Ground clearance, breakover and departure angles are all still woefully inadequate on the Tremor to tackle anything too gnarly. You get 1 extra degree of departure with the Tremor package. đź‘Ź

I've yet to have any trouble getting traction in my Maverick with the 235/70/17 Wildpeaks. My issue has 100% been clearance and adding another 1" and a different front bumper is barely a start to solving those problems.

Buyers with the guts to take their Maverick Tremor somewhere the stock AWD system can't go would have been far better served with an actual 4x4.

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I live in the burbs and don't tow a lot but definitely wanted AWD for the winters here. Beyond that just trying to future proof. I ended up with the 4K because I may want to tow a trailer. Was going to get the FX4 to get the black wheels but went with the black package which also gets the black seats. If I get a place where I need to drive off road more I will try tires, springs, shocks, etc. first and see if that works. A big part of this is how they look- not ashamed to admit that.

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just throwing this out there. I havent received any mavericks yet but my pricing sheet for my 2023 roll over order is interesting.

We went for a Tremor, our old order was for a fx/4k with full sized spare and floor mats, and 235s(all of which come standard on the Tremor).

So our invoice shows that the New order is only $1350 more than our old order and that is without the price protection rebate. So if we didnt have a rollover the and had to chose between a new FX4/4K and a Tremor the price would be about the same? Granted lesser towing, but trade for the lift, approach ange and the better diff.

Not to mention appearance and possible resale value.
The 2022 XLT AWD I have on order has the Luxury Package, FX4, and CP360. Total sticker including the -$20 for the hot spot removal is $32,005 (it will only be price protected by $350 so the actual sales price should be $31,655-the amount on the DORA when I ordered). The Tremor XLT I ordered from LM is $33,715 with luxury package, CP360, and remote start (or $33,695 if the hot spot removal is still a thing when it is built). So, it is $2060 more than my 2022, not terrible considering the addition of the tremor package. However, I am missing out on a bedliner and bed rails for 2023. Plus since the Tremor replaces FX4 one could subtract another $800 from the 2022 build. All in all I am not unhappy with the 2023 Tremor price compared to my 2022 order but I really wish it had rolled over so I could have gotten that Granger $3k off applied to it. Oh well.

Sponsored

Jraoffroad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150, 2001 F350 Diesel Dually, 2019 Kia Soul
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Prediction: FX4 with 4Ktow and a 2" lift will go more places than the Tremor can.
Not a chance.

I have built 6 off road rigs over the last 25 years from Mild to Wild. The difference between a rear locker and not having one is about the same as the difference between two wheel drive and four wheel drive. Fords all wheel drive system is good but it can still only react when traction is lost. The Tremor having four wheel drive and a rear Locker will be a huge Improvement and do much less damage to the trail. It wont be a crawler be any means but trail capability will pretty much be limited by how much body damage your willing to chance.

Mav as heck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Not a chance.

I have built 6 off road rigs over the last 25 years from Mild to Wild. The difference between a rear locker and not having one is about the same as the difference between two wheel drive and four wheel drive. Fords all wheel drive system is good but it can still only react when traction is lost. The Tremor having four wheel drive and a rear Locker will be a huge Improvement and do much less damage to the trail. It wont be a crawler be any means but trail capability will pretty much be limited by how much body damage your willing to chance.
Given you're a self-proclaimed off-roading guru I suppose you already know how limiting the lack of a low range and meager ground clearance on the Tremor is going to be.

I'd also point out the Maverick's AWD system is a little more sophisticated than the slip-n-grip on early AWD vehicles. At low speeds it isn't waiting to detect slip to send power to the rear wheels. It's already sending power.

Ajrcktts

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Given you're a self-proclaimed off-roading guru I suppose you already know how limiting the lack of a low range and meager ground clearance on the Tremor is going to be.

I'd also point out the Maverick's AWD system is a little more sophisticated than the slip-n-grip on early AWD vehicles. At low speeds it isn't waiting to detect slip to send power to the rear wheels. It's already sending power.
I'm assuming that's all true for the FX4 and Tremor alike?

Xjeepguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XLT 4K FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its ALL about ground clearance! I bought a 2001 TJ 4cyl 5 speed it was my daily driver until 2018 (200,000km) until I purchased my 2019 wrangler loved it but was done with 2 doors so , (never liked 4 door wrangler) so i traded for my Maverick (best thing ever). That being said my jeeps went on at least 3 big hunting /fishing trips every year, they took me to hell and back and always stock and most always in 2wheel drive, what counts is ground clearance and picking the right lines. I dont care if you own a 6x6 if you under belly can’t clear that rock or log or whatever then your either turning around or your stuck… period. Our local trapper used to run his trap line on what we called the park line (crazy trail Couple of hours long) with an old (1980’s) 1/2 tonne gmc 2 door pickup 2 wheel drive on moslty bald tires (i saw steel belts sticking out) and we felt kinda silly with all our fancy 4x4”s, we could not believe when we first saw him coming out of that track.

Xjeepguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XLT 4K FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In that case i can hopefully reverse and pick a different line! I dont see myself getting into situations that pick my truck off the ground with no way out , thats Jeep country not a Mav with 9 inch clearance. I hope to lift my Mav when we have an affordable solution that does not affect the geometry too much,
Sponsored