Sponsored

Tremor VS FX4 for those who've driven BOTH!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Appreciate and respect the honesty of your response. Only in jest, but the 10-year-old inside me wants to shout, "Oh yeah? Well, my lifted FX4 will murderize your Tremor!"

🤣🤣🤣

IMG_0471.jpeg

Seriously though, maybe we need to organize the first-ever Maverick OFF-ROAD MEETUP?
You guys could all meet me out on Maui and we could use the sides of our valley for a hill climb contest!!! I really cant wait till my Falkens wear out. I really wanna go for 245/70 in a Maxxis Bighorn or GY Duratracs. That along with some springs;)
Ford Maverick Tremor VS FX4 for those who've driven BOTH! img_20230905_134506_321-
Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You guys could all meet me out on Maui and we could use the sides of our valley for a hill climb contest!!! I really cant wait till my Falkens wear out. I really wanna go for 245/70 in a Maxxis Bighorn or GY Duratracs. That along with some springs;)
You cover the freight to get my Mav out there, I'm in! :poop:

Krischievous

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kristen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL AWD Iconic Silver
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Personally, I'm superficial and I like the way the Tremor looks more, so that makes it worth it to me 😅. Also, I get to talk friendly smack to my buddy that has an FX4. Bottom line: If you want to tow, FX4 with 4k, if you want to wheel and like the look more, go Tremor. Even though I chose the Tremor, I know the FX4 4k is more practical. I however don't care about that and like standing out just a bit.
Same! I couldn't afford the Tremor honestly or I probably would've, but I did choose the FX4 because it was a little different, decal/tow hooks/ black wheels / "performance suspension" /and the instrument cluster. I went back and forth between 4k and FX4 because I really wanted the upgraded fan and transmission cooler too, but settled on FX4 because the chance I'll ever need a trailer brake is super duper low (and my best buddy's Maverick has one if ever really needed lol)

Krischievous

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kristen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL AWD Iconic Silver
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wish I was a suspension expert so I could tell you exactly WHY the Tremor felt so much more refined on pavement than the FX4, but I can't. You also have to bear in mind that my FX4 is lifted 2 inches on Eibach springs. So, I am sure that gives it a bit stiffer ride and more body lean than it had at stock height. My lifted FX4 with the lift springs and 245/7017 tires sits 2 inches HIGHER than a Tremor.
May I ask the cost of lifting the Maverick? I really want to do it to mine, potentially.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"Oh yeah? Well, my lifted FX4 will murderize your Tremor!"

Seriously though, maybe we need to organize the first-ever Maverick OFF-ROAD MEETUP?
***Tremor RDU enters chat***

Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@pa-outdoorsman - I definitely see the need for another inch or two on the tremor.

My next planned upgrade is the Cobb AccessPort tune/mapping. The old butt dyno can feel such a difference between 87 and 93 - that the bump from stock map to their 93 map will feel that much better or more.

I think the extra power can be a real bonus for the Mav off road. At least it moves the original max torque (2,900 rpm) down a few hundred RPMs.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

@pa-outdoorsman - I definitely see the need for another inch or two on the tremor.

My next planned upgrade is the Cobb AccessPort tune/mapping. The old butt dyno can feel such a difference between 87 and 93 - that the bump from stock map to their 93 map will feel that much better or more.

I think the extra power can be a real bonus for the Mav off road. At least it moves the original max torque (2,900 rpm) down a few hundred RPMs.
I'm too cheap to run 93!

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm too cheap to run 93!
It was going to cost me over $70 to fill this last tank and I went 87. Felt it immediately!

If I am going in a road trip, I'll happily fill 87 because the loss of power isn't realized much when cruising.

Otherwise, 93 for me.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Gas is too expensive for me to care about $0.30 on a dozen $4.50 gallons. Maybe $180 a year. Thats 3/4 days work for extra power all year and most of it is recouped in mileage.

MavFromTheDead

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford Maverick Tremor VS FX4 for those who've driven BOTH! 20230914_181502

Did a back to back comparison with my buddies FX4. I know the Tremor isn't much taller but it feels noticeably taller while driving. My buddy thinks it might be that the Tremor might be more level while the FX4 has a slight rake. IDK. The ride is noticeably better too. I feel like there's less body roll, my buddy agrees. He's quite jealous of my ST steering wheel, lol. We hit some mud up, both performed well, Tremor handles the faster speed roughness better as expected.

Sponsored

goofygrin

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just test drove two '23 lariats today. One FX4+4k, one tremor. I really wanted the FX4+4k for the extra towing and it had a sunroof (both were within $200 of each other), but... I ended up buying the Tremor. Definitely rode better, very easy to tell right out of the lot. It noticeably rides higher. The final straw for me was the black seats versus the copper and blue which I really didn't like.

AUDIOZONE

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, ranger, mustang, maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I traded in my 40k mile, 2022 xlt, fx4 on my new 2024 xlt tremor two weeks ago. I like the tremor, but i was really happy with the fx4. Mavfromthedead says "less body roll" ,but i feel like there is more. I noticed it pretty quick when passing another car.

I thought my fx4 was pretty sharp, and quick on the gas, steering, and brakes. it reminded me a lot of a first year neon i had a long time ago. I really liked its ride.

My best compairason is tremor feels like a luxury car. Not quite as quick, Soft ride, soft brakes, more body roll than fx4. Its the most off road style pickup i have ever owned, so its a new type of ride for me.
Ford Maverick Tremor VS FX4 for those who've driven BOTH! 20231120_192323
Ford Maverick Tremor VS FX4 for those who've driven BOTH! 20231117_123352

Last edited:

CanadaGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Canyon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Appreciate and respect the honesty of your response. Only in jest, but the 10-year-old inside me wants to shout, "Oh yeah? Well, my lifted FX4 will murderize your Tremor!"

🤣🤣🤣

IMG_0471.jpeg

I’m on Team Tremor, but that is a bad ass set up right there

CanadaGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Canyon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I just test drove two '23 lariats today. One FX4+4k, one tremor. I really wanted the FX4+4k for the extra towing and it had a sunroof (both were within $200 of each other), but... I ended up buying the Tremor. Definitely rode better, very easy to tell right out of the lot. It noticeably rides higher. The final straw for me was the black seats versus the copper and blue which I really didn't like.
Funny, I love the two toned seats that come with the Lariat but once you pick Tremor you’re locked into the Tremor seats.
Everyone’s preferences are different.
Sponsored