First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am going to some day own a 1967 Fastback and restore it to glory. My wife has wanted one since she was 4 years old too so she wonā€™t leave me for working on the car everyday. šŸ˜‚

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not 'technically' a Ford, but a Ford product. I was a odd teenager and for about a year I had a 1984 Lincoln Mark VII. I really liked that car and have fond memories, despite all the jokes I got about it. It wasn't fast, but so smooth in the way it accelerated and really sound proof. It amazes me that you can hear people talking on their phones in their cars now, but I could crank the music and you could not hear it from the outside very easily in that car.

Reactions: TCK

Aod66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Ford Maverick Fords you have loved thread... 1632318863197

This is not my actual Ranger but a picture one that looks almost identical.

I had a 99 Ranger XLT extended cab 2WD in Amazon Green for almost 20 years and it performed superbly over that time. Both my children learned to drive in it, my son went on his first date in it and my daughter used it to commute to college. If not for someone totaling it by blowing through a stop sign in front of my daughter (who was unhurt) it would probably still be with me today. I miss the old girl and she will forever be my favorite Ford.

Sponsored

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Fords you have loved thread... 1632318398873

I had a love/hate relationship with a 98 Exploder Sport like this one. I took it in 3 times for a knocking rattling sound in the motor at idle and they never fixed it. It ran good but I traded it before the extended warranty ran out. It was the only Ford Iā€™ve owned.

Bret Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
65 Mustang 289 3-speed. Gave it away when I got orders to a remote location while in the USAF. I'm still kicking my self in the ass for that one!

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have had a few, grew up in several Country Squire wagons (all the way in the back, my sisters got the middle seat.

1970 F100 Explorer 360 big block Three on the tree manual brakes steering (stolen)
1972 Pinto Wagon paid 150 for it (Junk, bad tranny and brakes)
1992 Ford Explorer AWD
1996 Eddie Bauer Explorer (nice SUV)
2000 Mercury Mountaineer V8 Leather (Nicer SUV until the tranny went bad 2000.00 to fix) Gas over 4.00 a gallon. Time for something more reliable and fuel efficient hence the Honda Element I am driving today.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
While I've had a ton of Mustangs (and even more Fords) in the past, this was my favorite.

89 LX - Heads, cam, intake, gears, Vortech S Trim supercharger.

Between its power and the rickety nature of the Fox body? It felt so much faster than any other car I've been in, even ones that were faster, lol.

Ford Maverick Fords you have loved thread... 89lx

Last edited:

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've owned only one Ford ever. A white 1968 Galaxy 500 two door hardtop similar to this one. I love the keystone classics.

Ford Maverick Fords you have loved thread... 1632322068220

Sponsored

lcmaxfield

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Clubs

The only Ford i've ever owned was a 2010 Focus SEL. I've put 150,000 miles on her and I have no doubt she will go to 200,000 without skipping a beat. But it's time for a replacement and an upgrade as my needs have changed. I'm going to miss this car.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't have a pic, but my sister and I both drove a 1981 Ford Granada in the mid to late 90's. The straight six engine was reliable, even though it went through about 1qt of oil every 1k miles, or so.

That car was fun to drive....or at least I had a lot of fun in it.

I also drove an early 90's Ford Festiva. It had a 5-speed manual transmission and I got 40mpg no matter how and where I drove.

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
I have a romanticized view of Ford, but the three Fords I owned were technically the least-reliable cars I've had. To this day, I carry spare parts, always stick to the slow lane, and plan routes according to how wide the breakdown lane is and how far away the nearest parts store is.

On the flip side, my current Nissan Frontier is the fanciest and most-reliable vehicle that I've owned. It seems odd to me to drive a car that doesn't have a warning light on or something otherwise malfunctioning. Nissan to me is the Japanese Chrysler. Makes a few good things, but the rest make great rental cars.