Sponsored

Times you have treated your car like a truck…

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My roof rack has gotten a workout. I moved my brother across the country with it. I built a my whole woodworking shop/garage with it.
We’ll, that is fantastic. Really got your use out of that Honda, damn a truck! 🤣
Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We’ll, that is fantastic. Really got your use out of that Honda, damn a truck! 🤣
Definitely want this truck lol. I thought about getting a beater truck and continuing to run the 2003 Accord into the ground (210,000 miles so far) as my daily driver until electric vehicles and charging stations are the norm, but I'd really just like to have 1 vehicle that does it all for me. Current mid-size trucks are probably overkill for me, and generally too expensive right now. I think the timing of the Maverick will work great for everything I need until I can get a similarly capable EV truck 5+ years from now.

Last edited:

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Definitely want this truck lol. I thought about getting a beater truck and continuing to run the 2003 Accord into the ground as my daily driver until electric vehicles and charging stations are the norm, but I'd really just like to have 1 vehicle that does it all for me. Current mid-size trucks are probably overkill for me, and generally too expensive right now. I think the timing of the Maverick will work great for everything I need until I can get a similarly capable EV truck 5+ years from now.
I totally get, and agree with, all of those points, especially the way EVs look right now. Looks like you’d get good use out of a little truck!

Hack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 & 2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In a previous life I hauled bags of fertilizer in the back of a Volvo station wagon, which was the "good", i.e. my wife's, car. And, for some reason, left it over night. It took over a month for the smell to go away.

I got in a lot of trouble over that.

'Was not the only time I got in a lot of trouble.

BUT. "Once you know you can't do anything right, you can do pretty much anything you want."

Sponsored

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My old 01 Maxima hauled lots of laminate flooring, tile, saws, mulch, crown molding and baseboards. One time a guy at Home Depot told me I needed a truck and laughed at me. So I slid a 10 ft long piece of crown in (rested on the dash) and closed the trunk and said “Let’s see you do that with your truck”. He just mumbled something and walked away 😂😂😂

Ford Maverick Times you have treated your car like a truck… FAA0029B-7952-46E0-B8E7-D48510B0D45B

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got in a lot of trouble over that.

'Was not the only time I got in a lot of trouble.

BUT. "Once you know you can't do anything right, you can do pretty much anything you want."
Haha! That’s good. My husband has used my hair dryer for drying random car things, the oven to bake open headlights for mods, laid down a tarp in the spare bedroom and painted car parts because it was “too windy” outside… I am often times in on it and help him do these things, but the spray paint smell lingered for weeks. Never again.

TheBear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Maverick is a direct replacement for my sport utility Camry and old 4x4 Ranger. I’ve been patiently waiting for something to replace both that combines all their best qualities. . Although loading the Camry full of lumber is always fun, I think I can get about 16 2x4’s in the trunk. 🤣 But it’s time to buy a vehicle from this century I guess.
Ford Maverick Times you have treated your car like a truck… 55130F5A-6BBF-4EA1-924B-9D1840DC0F81