First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My first car, Ford Pinto. Used by the time I got her, burned oil, next to bald tires, but she screamed freedom to a teenaged boy. Sadly she died far from home on a long highway run, when I added cold oil to what was likely a hot dry engine. Loud crack and oil on the ground.

cannon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Coming back to FORD after my beloved Focus was totaled (I was not at fault)…been a fan my entire life. Kind of amazed we don’t have a “Fords you have loved” thread yet. I’ll go first. Dads 1964 Falcon Delux Sedan Delivery- one of 97 made and at one point, the only one that moved but it is far from original
578D27D9-CC43-415E-B6E9-B15816BF86BC.jpeg
I had a 2000 Ranger 4x4 x-cab 3.0 AT that I loved, had it for 7 years. It was my baby but started to need more and more work so when the used car market went nuts I sold it for what I'd bought it for 7 years prior. The plan at that time was to find a 93-96 F150 and build it to be what I really always wanted.

I acquired a 96 4x4 xcab 5.0 AT but with 230k. I got the suspension, brakes and mechanicals all sorted out then started shopping for a 5.0 to drop in and the prices I found were prohibitive. I also realized it was much larger than I would ever need and started to lose motivation to keep a truck that would always need to be worked on. So I sold it, made a few bucks and put an order in to have a Maverick built, XLT fwd 2.0 in black with plans to eventually lower the rear.

About a month later, The GM at the dealer I work for came to me with a silver XL AWD 2.0 that someone had bailed on so I snatched it up. I have to say I love this one the most of any vehicle I've owned (excluding motorcycles). I have about 100 more HP than my Ranger with twice the gas mileage. I put a level kit, wheels and tires on it and it's great but I still have a minor itch for the one I was planning on.

That being said, I just got an email from ford stating that the Mav I ordered is scheduled for production shortly. For shits & giggles I put in for a quote @ Carvana and this morning they offered $31K, which would put a few thousand in my pocket. So if my GM will let me get the black FWD XLT on D plan (should find out tuesday) I just might sell the XL.

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had and loved a 2007 Escape that I drove nearly every day for 15 years ('cuz I got it in 2006 when they were really fresh.) Gave in and ordered a Maverick last August when my dealer broke the bad news to me that the Escape was so badly rusted underneath that it was no longer safe to drive.

Nothing special, just efficient and quiet with lots of cargo space for animal feed and stuff. Never had any major issues with it, just reliable and it worked. I'm not one to care about how fast a vehicle is or how powerful. Reliable and utilitarian is what I need.

[And so far, the 2022 Maverick XL hybrid fits those requirements very well indeed. I'm not about to complain about 48 mpg average so far and everything I need seems to just work.]
Sponsored