First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica Honda Civic Chevy Sonic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Message says Blind Spot Detection with Cross Traffic not function - any idea what I need to do before contacting
Ford service? TIA
Sponsored

carny2411

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had that happen on a bronco sport. After turning off the car and turning back on everything was back operational.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Check to see if there is any obvious damage or dirt/blockage on the small circular sensors on the back bumper.

Here is an example of someone who also would get that same error as you. Can you tell why? Haha.

Ford Maverick FordPass Monitor says Blind Spot Detection with Cross Traffic not functioning 9545cf14-0b0f-49ad-8308-a5b390d75db1-jpe

OP
OP

Grumpa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Check to see if there is any obvious damage or dirt/blockage on the small circular sensors on the back bumper.

Here is an example of someone who also would get that same error as you. Can you tell why? Haha.

9545cf14-0b0f-49ad-8308-a5b390d75db1-jpeg.jpg
Thanx

OP
OP

Grumpa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If a missing sensor is not the problem there was a TSB about the BLIS. I had my ‘22 fixed at the dealer. I have not had an issue with my ‘23.

OP
OP

Grumpa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If a missing sensor is not the problem there was a TSB about the BLIS. I had my ‘22 fixed at the dealer. I have not had an issue with my ‘23.
Thanx

Stillman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Message says Blind Spot Detection with Cross Traffic not function - any idea what I need to do before contacting
Ford service? TIA
Do you have anything pugged in to the 4 way trailer plug. If so that why.

HughdMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford service? TIA
I have experienced the same thing literally since the day I took delivery. By the time I got home after receiving it from the dealer that same warning came on. It remains on still four months later. I mentioned it before my first scheduled service but the dealer did not address the issue. I didn't notice that when I picked it up. About the same time I got the infamous "Your hybris may explode" recall letter. When I called the dealer I asked when I could bring the Mav back so that it would not go bang and I was told Ford had not told them how the problem was to be resolved. They don't know how to fix it. When they do they'll look into the Cross Traffic thing. I should say that the traffic alert seems to work fine when I need it most- backing out of a parking spot with limited visibility. I remain understandably interested in how Ford is going to fix all this.

OP
OP

Grumpa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have experienced the same thing literally since the day I took delivery. By the time I got home after receiving it from the dealer that same warning came on. It remains on still four months later. I mentioned it before my first scheduled service but the dealer did not address the issue. I didn't notice that when I picked it up. About the same time I got the infamous "Your hybris may explode" recall letter. When I called the dealer I asked when I could bring the Mav back so that it would not go bang and I was told Ford had not told them how the problem was to be resolved. They don't know how to fix it. When they do they'll look into the Cross Traffic thing. I should say that the traffic alert seems to work fine when I need it most- backing out of a parking spot with limited visibility. I remain understandably interested in how Ford is going to fix all this.
Thanx -problem solved. Too many buttons to push to activate and deactivate some features. Grumpa needs to get his 7 year old granddaughter to help! lol

Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone got this fixed at the dealer? Not looking forward to taking it in.
Ford Maverick FordPass Monitor says Blind Spot Detection with Cross Traffic not functioning 1695226739806

NextTruck

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JeepGC Overland, 2010 Tahoe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford service? TIA
Curious, is there supposed to be an audible alert along with the yellow blinker in the side view mirrors? I have a Jeep GC and it interrupts the radio and gives an audible alert as well. In the mav, the mirrors are a little smaller and the yellow light is small as well so you have to really look for the alert. Your focus is not on the mirror edge when looking in the mirror, you are focusing on image depth to judge your lane change space, if that makes sense.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Curious, is there supposed to be an audible alert along with the yellow blinker in the side view mirrors? I have a Jeep GC and it interrupts the radio and gives an audible alert as well. In the mav, the mirrors are a little smaller and the yellow light is small as well so you have to really look for the alert. Your focus is not on the mirror edge when looking in the mirror, you are focusing on image depth to judge your lane change space, if that makes sense.
This is probably a better topic to post your question
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/blind-spot-warning-question.35435/

Greendesert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ritesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra GT '14 CRV Hybrid '22 Maverick Hybrid 2024
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you have anything pugged in to the 4 way trailer plug. If so that why.
Wow man! Yes I did plug a fancy light and got the error.
Is there a way to get rid of the error warning or I need to take off my fancy light?
It makes sense - it thinks I have a big a@@ trailer connected..
TIA
Sponsored