Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK, so my '22 Maverick went to the dealer on Wednesday for an oil change and associated services. I also complained about constant "Deep sleep" warnings that didn't seem to be valid because the truck continues to start immediately without difficulty and runs well.

They did the oil change stuff, and after running some tests decided that the low voltage(?) battery was defective. They replaced that under the warranty, which is fine with me.

Two days later, Fordpass is still nagging me to get the oil changed, even though the change does appear under the service history in the app. What's with that? Did they forget to check a box in some software interface? Is there something mechanical that they failed to do to reset the oil change counter?

I had a similar issue with the recall for the air bags. Fordpass kept reminding me to have the recall done even after it was done. In that case it did eventually quit. This oil change nag doesn't seem inclined to go away.
Sponsored

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus & Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm getting this message to from my Ford Pass " Your Maverick equipped with FordPass Connect has entered Deep Sleep mode to conserve battery energy...."

Not sure why I'm getting this message and like your truck it starts right up in the morning. When I bring it in for my first free oil change I will mention this to the service guy.

OP
OP
Altivo

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm getting this message to from my Ford Pass " Your Maverick equipped with FordPass Connect has entered Deep Sleep mode to conserve battery energy...."

Not sure why I'm getting this message and like your truck it starts right up in the morning. When I bring it in for my first free oil change I will mention this to the service guy.
For the present, the battery replacement does seem to have made the warning message go away. I'm not entirely convinced that is the real cause though. There was a lot of discussion in the past about a wiring harness solder joint that was defective in many Mavericks, but eventually that was pinned down to a certain range of production dates and mine was produced after that time. There has also been something about a "300 Amp fuse" being defective, which seems a bit incredible to me, but I mentioned that to the service rep and they laughed.

My battery passed whatever inspections or tests they normally do as part of the "Works" oil change package, but when they put it through a more detailed stress test of some sort it came up as defective. That's why they replaced it.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK, so my '22 Maverick went to the dealer on Wednesday for an oil change and associated services. I also complained about constant "Deep sleep" warnings that didn't seem to be valid because the truck continues to start immediately without difficulty and runs well.

They did the oil change stuff, and after running some tests decided that the low voltage(?) battery was defective. They replaced that under the warranty, which is fine with me.

Two days later, Fordpass is still nagging me to get the oil changed, even though the change does appear under the service history in the app. What's with that? Did they forget to check a box in some software interface? Is there something mechanical that they failed to do to reset the oil change counter?

I had a similar issue with the recall for the air bags. Fordpass kept reminding me to have the recall done even after it was done. In that case it did eventually quit. This oil change nag doesn't seem inclined to go away.
In the FordPass app, tap Vehicle at the bottom, then Status and Oil Life. If it's been reset, it should show 100%.

This number should match what you see on your Maverick's instrument cluster LCD screen. You can check the oil life by scrolling down, using the arrows on the right side of the steering wheel, until you see a picture of a Maverick. Then, hit the Menu button and scroll down to Oil Life.

If this does not show 99-100%, the dealer missed a step in the process. On that screen in the vehicle, you simply hold down the OK button until it tells you that it has been reset.

OP
OP
Altivo

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks. You've got it, I think. In the vehicle menu, oil life still showed 13% and that let me reset it to 100% Fordpass still shows 13 but I assume it will catch up whenever it checks the vehicle status again.

The service tech may have actually reset it but before the battery was swapped out. Most of the settings I had made to the dashboard display were wiped back to defaults and I had to redo them.

Addendum: It took 6 or 7 hours, but Fordpass has finally caught up with the data change I made in the truck. It now shows the oil at 100% and has stopped nagging for an oil change. Thanks again.
Sponsored

Last edited: