paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice. I went with a Stahlbus Oil Drain Valve for my Maverick. It is in and we will see how it performs when I need to drain it next time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AMXATSC

But I have a Fumoto on hand for the next time I change the oil on my wife's Subaru. I apparently bought the wrong one prior to the last time I changed her oil and only found out when I couldn't get it to thread in. Ohh well.

OP
OP
Joshick91

Joshick91

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice. I went with a Stahlbus Oil Drain Valve for my Maverick. It is in and we will see how it performs when I need to drain it next time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AMXATSC

But I have a Fumoto on hand for the next time I change the oil on my wife's Subaru. I apparently bought the wrong one prior to the last time I changed her oil and only found out when I couldn't get it to thread in. Ohh well.
Nice! I haven’t heard of that one. Barely just found out about fumoto haha. Looking forward to my next oil change for sure!

Sponsored

StevenK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, 2017
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did a second oil change today on the maverick and installed the Fumoto drain valve. The Fumoto drain valve fits nicely. I made a video on the oil change and Fumoto drain plug install here.
Do you know which valve (thread size) to use? Is the hydrid engine drain plug an M14 x 1.5 thread?
Amazon was not helpful.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Joshick91

Joshick91

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you know which valve (thread size) to use? Is the hydrid engine drain plug an M14 x 1.5 thread?
Amazon was not helpful.

Thanks!
So Amazon doesn’t have the drain plug listed.
I just went on fumoto website and put in the details: 22 ford maverick 2.5l and it is showing the valve I installed. You want the F137s, m12-1.75 short nipple one. Don’t forget to get the adapter.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you guys afraid of stripping out the factory drain plug? Why the valve?

Oh on the 2.5 hybrid motor is the pan aluminum or steel? I have yet to change my oil at 1200 miles. Oh think I saw there is a bigger oil filter (longer) that can be used on 2.5 what is ford filter number if you have it by chance.

Cigargoyle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FX4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did same but replaced with a Stahlbus plug. So much cleaner vs the standard plug.

OP
OP
Joshick91

Joshick91

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you guys afraid of stripping out the factory drain plug? Why the valve?

Oh on the 2.5 hybrid motor is the pan aluminum or steel? I have yet to change my oil at 1200 miles. Oh think I saw there is a bigger oil filter (longer) that can be used on 2.5 what is ford filter number if you have it by chance.
Na not really. Just like the convenience and not having to get hot oil on me.

Sponsored

stevj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How to install aftermarket oil drain (Fumoto, Stahlbus, whatever) *BEFORE* your first oil change, so that one will be easy, too.

1. Remove the 710 cap.
Ford Maverick Second oil change and Fumoto oil drain valve install 710 CAP

2. Attach a shop vac to the oil fill tube and turn it on. A second person to maintain position and contact will be helpful here, because you don't want the shop vac to become disconnected, even a little, while you're under the beast with the oil drain plug removed. Also, don't use the oil dipstick tube for this; it's not up to the task.

3. Now that you have a constant negative pressure in the crankcase, remove the oil drain plug and replace it with your aftermarket drain of choice. Oil will not come out the drain hole if the shop vac is properly attached and running. The doubters and non-believers among you will want to have a drain pan under "just in case."

4. Tighten to spec and when you're sure the new drain valve is closed, you can remove the shop vac.

5. Replace the 710 cap. And since you're already there, check the oil level.

I've used this procedure on all my vehicles to get a Fumoto valve on the oil pan before the first drain. No drips.

Steve