glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It would be really great if Ford could just let us know which orders won't be filled. But, i GUESS Ford is so messed up they don't know which way is left or right. They have so many problems with quality and recalls they are too busy to deal with costomer satisfaction.
If I new one way or the other I could actualy make some plans. The way it SEEMS is most hybrids won't be built in 2023. Just let us know which ones are off the list. I have ordered many things over the years but this is by far the worst expirence. Ford seems to be on the way down. Well their stock any ways.
Sponsored

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

To tell people, Ford would have to know themselves.

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford is a very smart company they would not be in business for over a hundred and twenty years. I may be totally wrong but I would say they know within 5 to 10%, how many Mavericks they will build this year in 23 but they want hold on to a potential customer by not telling them so they won't go in by buy different brand of vehicle☹. Just my quess . 🤔💰

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford is a very smart company they would not be in business for over a hundred and twenty years. I may be totally wrong but I would say they know within 5 to 10%, how many Mavericks they will build this year in 23 but they want hold on to a potential customer by not telling them so they won't go in by buy different brand of vehicle☹. Just my quess . 🤔💰
There is no such thing as a "very smart company" in my experience 😆

Sponsored

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

" Ford is a very smart company they would not be in business for over a hundred and twenty years. "

Yes, a very smart company that had no idea how popular a small pickup would be. All they see is $90,000.00 F150's and $150,000.00 all electric trucks with a 50 mile range in cold weather. Very Smart. So smart, even, that the Mustang was ridiculed and barely made it into production. Now, it is the longest running Ford model. (Although the Pinto Mustangs should NOT be counted. They were CRAP.)

The company is run by lawyers and accountants and other low lifes in suits. The last car guy they had was Lee Iacocca. His termination was announced on the radio AFTER he had left the office for the day. Ford didn't have the guts or decency to fire him face to face.

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Could be! LOL

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It would be really great if Ford could just let us know which orders won't be filled. But, i GUESS Ford is so messed up they don't know which way is left or right. They have so many problems with quality and recalls they are too busy to deal with costomer satisfaction.
If I new one way or the other I could actualy make some plans. The way it SEEMS is most hybrids won't be built in 2023. Just let us know which ones are off the list. I have ordered many things over the years but this is by far the worst expirence. Ford seems to be on the way down. Well their stock any ways.
Yea, they want to hold on to you as long as possible, otherwise we might go buy something else, like me, a used Sienna and if I do not have a VIN # by summer, is exactly what I will be doing.

Retired

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid, 2012 focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Knowing how many they can build, and which ones they can build, are two different things. That's up to the supply chain that they have no control over.

Mendicant

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Having been in business 120 years does not guarantee they will be in business much longer.

Sponsored

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After all, why expect anything less. Large corporations worry about one thing - keeping board happy making $$, no matter who gets run over in the process. They don't worry about you guys who have been waiting well over a year. Another acronym for Ford is - F O R D - Fudging On Rollover Deliveries.

Bmr4mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid 23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know enough but I think Ford has too many moving factors.

Ignoring the supply chain issues one would hope that Ford can make a list from 1 to 80,000 to be the order the trucks are built. Then Ford could say something like orders past 55,000 won't be built this model year. Something tells me it's not that simple though but I can't think of why.

ford5

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150; 2018 Murano
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree with those that think Ford has a pretty good idea of how many 23 hybrid Mavericks they will build this year. They should let those that ordered know if they will get their Mavericks or not. All of us that ordered deserve to know if we're getting our Maverick or not. If not, we can decide whether to switch to the 2.0, look for a different truck, or wait it out for a 24. Ford doesn't want us to switch to another brand so they allow us to sit and wait. What an unprofessional way to do business! I know I won't wait for a 24. If my first day ordered 23 hybrid Lariat won't be built I'll either switch to the 2.0 or get a different truck. I think I deserve to know if I'm getting my hybrid or not!!

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In an ideal world, yes. Unfortunately manufacturing millions of vehicles globally is not an exact science with everything locked into place on some arbitrary date that never changes. The fact is Ford can forecast to the best of their ability, but they're at the mercy of suppliers keeping their promises on scheduled deliveries. Again, in the real world that rarely happens so Ford has to constantly juggle what can be built when - basically in real time, minute to minute, day to day, week to week, etc. The only constant in this world is change 😐

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Three months into the production year and they know exactly what will happen over the next 8 to 9 months but because they are an evil business they are having fun playing with their customers. Really?
If you have a hybrid pretty good chance it won't be built, they've been saying that for over a month so that you could make a decision. So cancel your order. Every one that cancels or switches to eco means another hybrid may get built. So that changes every day. Can you predict which ones that will be for the next 9 months?
Thank god every other manufacturer can predict 12 months in advance which exact orders will be built.
Sponsored