maningr

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Envoy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’d pay special attention to the wording differences of the 2nd paragraph from the First Edition emails and the others.
What difference are you referencing? This thread is too long to try and sort who had an FE and got the generic XLT email.
Sponsored

Olderthandirt

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Traverse,17 F150,13 Camaro, 22 Ridgeline
Our email came through 12:10am eastern. At least it confirms Ford has our email address right. I wandered if the late hour had anything to do with how far down the totem pole we were. We ordered 11/26/21, XLT Lux, 360, AWD, FX4, 4K, soft rollup tonneau, sliding window, mud flaps. Added full size spare 1/27/22. I talked to our salesman about removing the tonneau when the dealer email came out a few weeks ago, and he didn't know anything about it. So we left all of our options in place. I had called the Ford customer 800 number previous to the sales guy. That guy, who said he was in Florida, said if we didn't have a VIN #, or a build date email by the 1-27-22 order cut off date, we weren't going to get a '22 MY, and we would have to reorder a 23MY in August. I thought that was a big pile of bullshit when he said it, but it's looking more & more like it could have been prophetic. If that happens, my wife is going to be shopping for a Santa Cruz.

BG43017

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Tucson
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally some communication from Ford! I got my email also at 8:05 am EST. Hybrid, Lariat Lux with 360 and moonroof. Ordered confirmed 10/15.

xiaowei

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Xiaowei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid XL, 10/8 order confirmed. I also got such an update.

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
100 percent pure Base XL Hybrid - got the emails - don't like that the title of the email is 'A Change to Your Maverick 2022 XL Order' - there's really no 'change' mentioned and since I have 0 options...I don't get the peculiar 'change to your order' title.
It says "UPDATE", not Change?

Everybody that has an order in with a dealer for a Ford Car, SUV, or Truck got this email -- not just Maverick folks. If your purchase is complete (Sold) then you were not on Ford's list to get the email. As I posted earlier, if you didn't get the email your email isn't in the Ford system and you need to contact your dealer.

Sponsored

Guilla

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Hybrid XLT w/Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Everybody that has an order in with a dealer for a Ford Car, SUV, or Truck got this email -- not just Maverick folks. If your purchase is complete (Sold) then you were not on Ford's list to get the email. As I posted earlier, if you didn't get the email your email isn't in the Ford system and you need to contact your dealer.
I for sure did not get this email last night/yesterday.

My build date was 3/14 and it changed to "In production" on 3/10.
3/11 I got a window sticker
3/19 this morning, my window sticker updated but there was no change on it.

As of today, still in production. And I did not get that email from last night. So my order is in Ford's system but I did not get this email.

Reserved 7/18
Ordered 8/18
Build Date 3/14 XLT Lux Hybrid no other add-ons (edited to include build info)

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

To be clear: The email subject line says "change" the body of the email says "update".

pistons pissing

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 toyota camry
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received one as well. Ordered 10/5, Hybrid XLT with CP360

Sivart

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
I got same email yesterday. XLT ECO floor trays and hitch. Ordered from Granger 12/28.

Chance301

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Our email came through 12:10am eastern. At least it confirms Ford has our email address right. I wandered if the late hour had anything to do with how far down the totem pole we were. We ordered 11/26/21, XLT Lux, 360, AWD, FX4, 4K, soft rollup tonneau, sliding window, mud flaps. Added full size spare 1/27/22. I talked to our salesman about removing the tonneau when the dealer email came out a few weeks ago, and he didn't know anything about it. So we left all of our options in place. I had called the Ford customer 800 number previous to the sales guy. That guy, who said he was in Florida, said if we didn't have a VIN #, or a build date email by the 1-27-22 order cut off date, we weren't going to get a '22 MY, and we would have to reorder a 23MY in August. I thought that was a big pile of bullshit when he said it, but it's looking more & more like it could have been prophetic. If that happens, my wife is going to be shopping for a Santa Cruz.
Don’t know if there’s anything significant about the timing of the emails or not. I hope not! Didn’t get mine until 12:28 AM EDT this morning. I have an xlt hybrid lux (no other options) ordered on July 21. Other than the FITS and confirmation emails, this is the only other communication received from Ford.
Know what you mean. This will basically be my wife’s car. She’s already started looking at Santa Cruz! Gonna be a battle if she finds one in “stone blue.”

Sponsored

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To be clear: The email subject line says "change" the body of the email says "update".
Yes, I was talking about the content of the email. Thanks for clearing that up.

Mark Rash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2015 Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@fordvideoguy have you noticed there are two versions of this email out there? Any thoughts on the why some got one version vs. the other? The more common one says something about certain features sometimes lengthening the time it takes to schedule and produce a vehicle (i.e., the same constraints we all know about). The less common variation says something about wanting to make sure the vehicle is assembled properly.

Thankfully, my vehicle has already shipped and I didn't receive either version. I think it's great that Ford sent something out, though, if only to let folks know their orders haven't been forgotten.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had my order confirmation email for months now. I've called a few times to verify the order with customer service(as we all can). This email only proves I'm part of a distribution list - nothing more. I want Ford to tell me what they are doing to mitigate the issues, what I can specifically change with my order to help with that. If I do change my order - what can they anticipate for scheduling. How many allocations have been released/will be released when for my region. How many actual orders have been filled and at what rate for my region and overall? I want to be treated as a customer, not an order #.
Tim Bartz and others have stated the constraints on here that can be removed to help your order along. Ford has asked dealers to call their customers and inform. If your dealer hasn’t called you perhaps there is nothing you can remove to help receive a build date.

I agree the system isn’t much of a system. But getting more information generally results in more questions and anger. There isn’t an estimated date because Ford can’t predict what they are able to build. This last week I didn’t see anyone get picked up for the First week of May. Dates are moved for build after provided. Nearly completed builds are parked waiting for months. Ford is doing a lot about it. Their sourcing chips from new suppliers and shipping certain vehicles without modules. You gotta remember we are in uncharted territory. You ordered after a lot of people who don’t have their build dates yet. It’s could be a while.

NOW. If this was a normal time. You would never have worried about any of it. Within 2-8 weeks you would have had a build date and it would be at the dealer just a month or so more. This process wasn’t built for a 6-18 months wait time. It needs to be completely redone for situations like above.

1. order completely online and lock in price. If we must select a dealer we can do so online.

2. Be able to check order status, change build, and reconfirm price at any time online and by our self. To include interest rates, and promotions/rebates/etc. similar to the AWD upgrade rebate status so people can rest easy knowing they have it. Whatever the price is online is the guaranteed price we pay (plus any taxes, titled, and licensing).

3. Receive updates via preferred methods: Ford pass app, email, phone, etc.

4. All constraint items are listed at time of order and throughout the process.

5. The allocations system needs to change. Small dealerships will suffer the most if it doesn’t. If the system doesn’t change there should be an alert when ordering if an ETA for that dealer and others around you to compare.

Hagzfilmz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ordered) 2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.5 Cactus-G Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Received mine 6:46pm Pacific Time. Ordered 10/16 hybrid Xlt, 360, lux, moonroof cactus grey. That email was exciting for about 2 seconds then that all went away faster than a hybrid maverick on a dealer lot.
Sponsored