Sponsored

Ford process for scheduling process for Maverick production/builds.

frank S

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
FRANK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEVY COLORADO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just joined this site to keep abreast of when my Maverick will arrive. I ordered my Maverick XLT hybrid--with the Luxury package, Alto blue , manual rear sliding window, and Co-pilot 360)-- in September 2022. How does ford determine when a vehicle will be built? Does location (state) matter? Order date? Do certain dealerships have any preference in getting their customers Mavericks being built earlier than others? I've read that if you ordered certain options , that may 'slow the process of' your vehicle being built. I'm hoping I won't have to wait a year or so to get my Maverick.
Sponsored

TyPope

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just joined this site to keep abreast of when my Maverick will arrive. I ordered my Maverick XLT hybrid--with the Luxury package, Alto blue , manual rear sliding window, and Co-pilot 360)-- in September 2022. How does ford determine when a vehicle will be built? Does location (state) matter? Order date? Do certain dealerships have any preference in getting their customers Mavericks being built earlier than others? I've read that if you ordered certain options , that may 'slow the process of' your vehicle being built. I'm hoping I won't have to wait a year or so to get my Maverick.
It seems to be a combination of dealer authorizations, lottery by dealer, and constraints. Apparently, we'll all have to wait till January 5th or 12th maybe to see if we are being scheduled for late January/February. Someone will come on and improve/correct my response here. I'm still learning as I just ordered my Maverick this year as well.

TyPope

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
... and Welcome to the site!

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The only way a certain dealership has a leg up over another is based on the number of allocations. Consider the allocation process like the NFL draft. But the more allocations you have, the more rounds you get to participate in. The order of those rounds is completely random.

The constraints basically tell us the limits of what Ford can pick for production. So, a 35% constraint on hybrid means only 35% of the trucks selected for production will be hybrid (more or less).

The priority codes are simply the dealership's preferred order but Ford can do what they want depending on what is available to be built. So, if Ford can only build 100 hybrids this week, then the 101st dealership won't get a single hybrid scheduled regardless of what they are prioritized. Their top EB will be selected instead.

It appears Ford schedules for a month or two into the future. But we have seen it as close as three weeks.

OP
OP

frank S

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
FRANK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEVY COLORADO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It seems to be a combination of dealer authorizations, lottery by dealer, and constraints. Apparently, we'll all have to wait till January 5th or 12th maybe to see if we are being scheduled for late January/February. Someone will come on and improve/correct my response here. I'm still learning as I just ordered my Maverick this year as well.
Thanks for the info.

Sponsored

OP
OP

frank S

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
FRANK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEVY COLORADO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only way a certain dealership has a leg up over another is based on the number of allocations. Consider the allocation process like the NFL draft. But the more allocations you have, the more rounds you get to participate in. The order of those rounds is completely random.

The constraints basically tell us the limits of what Ford can pick for production. So, a 35% constraint on hybrid means only 35% of the trucks selected for production will be hybrid (more or less).

The priority codes are simply the dealership's preferred order but Ford can do what they want depending on what is available to be built. So, if Ford can only build 100 hybrids this week, then the 101st dealership won't get a single hybrid scheduled regardless of what they are prioritized. Their top EB will be selected instead.

It appears Ford schedules for a month or two into the future. But we have seen it as close as three weeks.
Thanks for the info. So -if I understand what you said , being that I ordered a Hybrid, my chance of getting it as opposed to an Eco Boost, isn't too good. --For every 2 eco boosts they are building only ONE hybrid is being built? How do I find out how many of each were ordered? Also how long does it take to 'build/assemble' a Maverick assuming that all parts are available?

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the info. So -if I understand what you said , being that I ordered a Hybrid, my chance of getting it as opposed to an Eco Boost, isn't too good. --For every 2 eco boosts they are building only ONE hybrid is being built? How do I find out how many of each were ordered? Also how long does it take to 'build/assemble' a Maverick assuming that all parts are available?
There was a comprehensive thread on this the other day:
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...averick-constraint-list-as-of-12-19-22.25038/

Nutshell: Ford's capacity is 35% hybrid and they currently make up 72% of orders. Based on the published numbers of outstanding orders in early November combined with a little bit of math, the going theory is half of the hybrid orders will not be built this model year whereas the EBs can be completed by late spring to early summer (allocation goofiness notwithstanding).

As for a particular order, with the exception of the Cancelled VINs, and you would already know if you are in that group, there is no way to know if any of them gets built and when.

The production process takes a few days. Ford appears to be averaging around 7,000 - 8,000 per month.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It seems to be a combination of dealer authorizations, lottery by dealer, and constraints.
There are more step than that. It goes, does the region have enough allocations, then does the dealer have enough allocations, then priority by region (set by the region, not your dealer), then priority at the dealer (set by dealer), then priority at Ford, then does Ford have all the parts available for the build for the next scheduling period. If the answer to any of these is no, they go to the next build and ask all those questions again, so on and so forth.

JamesC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When does the tracker usually update to in production? I have a VIN and am scheduled for 1/23, the tracker just shows ordered received.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When does the tracker usually update to in production? I have a VIN and am scheduled for 1/23, the tracker just shows ordered received.
I have seen posts of people getting it updated as soon as it starts rolling down the line and others who didn't get an update until it was getting on the train. It seems to be inconsistent.

Sponsored

Ragtime Billy Peaches

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 Crew Diesel 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If nothing changes then about half the people that ordered Hybrid will not get one this year. That's what i see, could be wrong.

OP
OP

frank S

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
FRANK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEVY COLORADO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There was a comprehensive thread on this the other day:
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...averick-constraint-list-as-of-12-19-22.25038/

Nutshell: Ford's capacity is 35% hybrid and they currently make up 72% of orders. Based on the published numbers of outstanding orders in early November combined with a little bit of math, the going theory is half of the hybrid orders will not be built this model year whereas the EBs can be completed by late spring to early summer (allocation goofiness notwithstanding).

As for a particular order, with the exception of the Cancelled VINs, and you would already know if you are in that group, there is no way to know if any of them gets built and when.

The production process takes a few days. Ford appears to be averaging around 7,000 - 8,000 per month.
Thanks for the reply. So not only is this a "hit or miss" situation as far as getting my hybrid maverick, and the frustration of possibly waiting a year (?) - Sounds like I'd have a better chance of winning the Power Ball lottery!

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the reply. So not only is this a "hit or miss" situation as far as getting my hybrid maverick, and the frustration of possibly waiting a year (?) - Sounds like I'd have a better chance of winning the Power Ball lottery!
50/50. Slightly better than powerball. Even us EB orders are in the dark. On paper, last EB order is built in June. Knowing me... that will be mine...

OP
OP

frank S

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
FRANK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEVY COLORADO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If nothing changes then about half the people that ordered Hybrid will not get one this year. That's what i see, could be wrong.
Sounds about right, unfortunately. It sucks for these people- probably about 50,000 -- who ordered a hybrid-- that it's not going to happen! Playing the 'wishing and hoping' game is not a good feeling.
Sponsored