First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since they aren’t taking orders for 2022 models anymore I don’t think you could order a “First Edition”. Am I missing something?
Yes, I am sure you miss something.

If you go back and read the entire reply, I stated that, "I ordered my "First Edition" on September 13th. 2021."
Sponsored

ehauser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda 3, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, I am sure you miss something.

If you go back and read the entire reply, I stated that, "I ordered my "First Edition" on September 13th. 2021."
Ah, I guess I missed that. :) I was wondering how you ordered anything in 2022 at this point. Maybe someone quoted you and left that part out :)

Spartan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ah, I guess I missed that. :) I was wondering how you ordered anything in 2022 at this point. Maybe someone quoted you and left that part out :)
No Problem . I am still wondering if the Maverick has more issues that we are unaware of at this point in time?

Donaldw

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester, insurance pmt. from stolen tacoma.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have begun by making a list of dealers with in 100miles, courtesy of Ford Website. I then went to their websites (20 altogether) to make a list of phone numbers. I made a list of things to discuss when I called them. The second one I called sounds promising, and if that turns out to be the case or not, I will share what I learned.

But I have a question about the first one, specifically what the first person I spoke with said. Actually the first person I spoke with said he would have his sales manager return my call. He did, but it turns out there is someone above him that makes final sales decisions.

This is what he said. There are two ways to order. Online direct from Ford, or having the dealer place the order. If you do it online with Ford, the dealer is selected only as the delivery point. What you get and what you spend is determined by the original order placed on the Ford website. He acknowledged that Mavericks in their lot get a market adjustment (mark up).

This does not align with what I have read on this site. He went on to say that we can also order at the dealership. I told him that we wanted no options from ford or dealer. And we wanted to pay MSRP. He said they would offer MSRP. But....he said that the deal would get reviewed by his boss, and he left me with the impression that the boss could push for other things, like dealer installed items. This seems like the old, "wait here while I review this with my manager" sales negotiation drama.

I'm putting this dealer down the list. But I'm curious about what he said about direct ordering through Ford. From what I've read here, I wonder if he knows what his is talking about.

thanks,

Donald

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have begun by making a list of dealers with in 100miles, courtesy of Ford Website. I then went to their websites (20 altogether) to make a list of phone numbers. I made a list of things to discuss when I called them. The second one I called sounds promising, and if that turns out to be the case or not, I will share what I learned.

But I have a question about the first one, specifically what the first person I spoke with said. Actually the first person I spoke with said he would have his sales manager return my call. He did, but it turns out there is someone above him that makes final sales decisions.

This is what he said. There are two ways to order. Online direct from Ford, or having the dealer place the order. If you do it online with Ford, the dealer is selected only as the delivery point. What you get and what you spend is determined by the original order placed on the Ford website. He acknowledged that Mavericks in their lot get a market adjustment (mark up).

This does not align with what I have read on this site. He went on to say that we can also order at the dealership. I told him that we wanted no options from ford or dealer. And we wanted to pay MSRP. He said they would offer MSRP. But....he said that the deal would get reviewed by his boss, and he left me with the impression that the boss could push for other things, like dealer installed items. This seems like the old, "wait here while I review this with my manager" sales negotiation drama.

I'm putting this dealer down the list. But I'm curious about what he said about direct ordering through Ford. From what I've read here, I wonder if he knows what his is talking about.

thanks,

Donald
I want to claim at the onset, I am not an expert by any means. From my experience, you can use Ford's configuration tool to price and build a vehicle to meet your needs and that is forwarded to the dealer of your choice. Now fast forward to when order banks open, then he/she starts the official order process. I do not think you can order directly from Ford because every post I have read, someone is working with an authorized Ford dealer.

Sponsored

Sweet Willie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I want to claim at the onset, I am not an expert by any means. From my experience, you can use Ford's configuration tool to price and build a vehicle to meet your needs and that is forwarded to the dealer of your choice. Now fast forward to when order banks open, then he/she starts the official order process. I do not think you can order directly from Ford because every post I have read, someone is working with an authorized Ford dealer.
Ford Motor Company only sells car to dealerships.

4sambos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Avalanche, Prius, Camry Hybrid,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

thanks,

Donald
Don go to YouTube and watch “Fordvideoguy” & “Johnny’s Car Care & review” then learn a lot and then make great knowledgable decisions on where and who to order from. It takes some of your time but it is time well spent!

Donaldw

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester, insurance pmt. from stolen tacoma.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks Kevin. I am doing my best to see what can be seen. I'm cautiously optimistic I've found a dealer I may be able to do a straight deal with.

Wiz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hot Pepper Red with BAP on order.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can the priority order be changed after an order is submitted via WBDO? I ordered two Mavericks today, one for me and one for my son. Looking over the printout, I see he didn't change the priority from the default 19.

jahaas13

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid - Cyber Orange
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
o Dealers can change vehicle specifications for a scheduled vehicle up until the vehicle is “locked in” for production or about two weeks prior to the scheduled build date. Specifications for certain vehicle lines (EcoSport, Focus RS, etc.) cannot be changed once scheduled.

§ Dealers are limited to making 6 changes to scheduled orders.
§ Dealers cannot change Order Type, Body Code, Order Code (Package/Trim Level)
Does the above mean that if I have an email from Ford starting my vehicle is scheduled for production that I can't add a package to it? Specifically, the Luxury Package. I should have caught it when the order was placed, but I didn't. That's on me.

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Does the above mean that if I have an email from Ford starting my vehicle is scheduled for production that I can't add a package to it? Specifically, the Luxury Package. I should have caught it when the order was placed, but I didn't. That's on me.
Correct

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks. Not what I was hoping to hear, but I get it.
Your truck options are set in the computer and the factory has the needed items to build it.

jahaas13

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid - Cyber Orange
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your truck options are set in the computer and the factory has the needed items to build it.
Interestingly enough - I also reached out to my sales rep at the dealership and asked the same question to him. He went in and added it to through their dealer system and I now I see those items under my vehicle in the build section. And, there's no change in build date, so I might be OK. We'll see what happens as it gets closer.

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Ordering & Scheduling Process — A Detailed Explanation 1679673129971

JEMiculka

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid, 22 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interestingly enough - I also reached out to my sales rep at the dealership and asked the same question to him. He went in and added it to through their dealer system and I now I see those items under my vehicle in the build section. And, there's no change in build date, so I might be OK. We'll see what happens as it gets closer.

1679673129971.png
Did you also get the add-on Co-Pilot Assist as well? I have it in addition to the Co-Pilot 360 package and I like the Adaptive Cruise Control and its features.
Sponsored