Sponsored

Will Ford tighten up ordering process for 2022 onward?

OP
OP
Old Ranchero

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After 15+ years of Ford ownership, I’m having a hard time believing they will change their ways and choose to listen to individual customers on this forum after expressing to Ford customer service for years about how much I love their dealers for service but hate buying a vehicle from dealers the old fashioned way.

That Ford will change the idiotic model, where everybody pays a different price, sitting on uncomfortable seats for hours on end in a cheesy dealership being worn down to overpay on every part of the deal and constantly fighting off being fleeced. I heard the commercial, where one of their new employees said they bled blue. Ha, try buying a Ford Focus, Fusion, Escapes, Edge, Mustangs, Bronco Sport that way and come back to talk to me about bleeding blue and brother I’ve got the bruises to prove it!

Magically, Ford will hear our voices, get us our mavericks more quickly. All of our issues, like opaque pricing, ordering, all of which have been years in the making by the way will get cleared up via this forum. And balance will be restored to the force. Or not…

P.S. domain ownership can easily be traced, bet it’s not Ford but a club much like how the Mustang Club got started. Notice the non-ford adverts that generate revenue? P.P.S. And you do realize that Ford publishes sales as part of their investor relations

https://s23.q4cdn.com/799033206/files/doc_news/2021/11/October-2021-Sales-Release-Final.pdf

CC147ADB-8F6C-46AD-87CF-BD28B1112D50.png
Nice Fairy Tale you have spun there- but completely irrelevant for this discussion. My thought process is not that I think Ford will catalogue every internet user's specious complaints and then kiss their boo -boos and make it all better by changing any internal marketing or business practices- but rather I expect Ford to continue to refine and streamline the Custom Order process in place to be able to better predict ACTUAL numbers of potential buyers to make their internal ordering and manufacturing of Mavericks more efficient and cheaper FOR THEM. A side effect of this will likely IMO make it harder for people to game the system with multiple bogus orders they have no intention of completing for a sale and stop allowing all the crazy changes people are doing after they have submitted order into the system which results in a lot of wasted time and confusion and possibly clogging the system as things are added and dropped repeatedly from procurement processes. This could inadvertently create a more educated and sophisticated buyer who actually does their homework and settles on exactly what they want before even placing their order. And yes, Ford themselves will have to make the ordering process more transparent, consistent, and easier to understand and follow during the continued improvement in the customer buying experience if they want to attract more potential buyers and repeat buyers.
Sponsored

MattIngram

First Name
Deleteme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deleteme
Nice Fairy Tale you have spun there- but completely irrelevant for this discussion. My thought process is not that I think Ford will catalogue every internet user's specious complaints and then kiss their boo -boos and make it all better by changing any internal marketing or business practices- but rather I expect Ford to continue to refine and streamline the Custom Order process in place to be able to better predict ACTUAL numbers of potential buyers to make their internal ordering and manufacturing of Mavericks more efficient and cheaper FOR THEM. A side effect of this will likely IMO make it harder for people to game the system with multiple bogus orders they have no intention of completing for a sale and stop allowing all the crazy changes people are doing after they have submitted order into the system which results in a lot of wasted time and confusion and possibly clogging the system as things are added and dropped repeatedly from procurement processes. This could inadvertently create a more educated and sophisticated buyer who actually does their homework and settles on exactly what they want before even placing their order. And yes, Ford themselves will have to make the ordering process more transparent, consistent, and easier to understand and follow during the continued improvement in the customer buying experience if they want to attract more potential buyers and repeat buyers.
Actually my comments are not a fairy tale but actual facts, as opposed to the conjecture/fairy tale provided in your prior post. I just amplified your comments to show how silly it sounds, along with a sarcastic or not. You’re making a ton of assumptions by leaps and bounds, none of which is supported by any facts, whatsoever. No reference to Ford Motor Company on the privacy statements, agreements, or trademarks, contact pages, whatsoever. Higher level employees at Ford are bound by NDA’s as it is done with every major public corporation in America. And the disclosure of material, non-public information is prohibited by a slew of SEC and FINRA laws. I’m sorry that facts offend you so but i do think they are important for others. The feedback provided in your survey is far more valued by Ford. Any forum feedback if considered at all will be most like summarized and discussed at a high level and through a business lense. And with the understanding that dealerships are Ford’s actual customer.

Last edited:

MattIngram

First Name
Deleteme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deleteme
If anyone wants to follow improvements Ford has actually identified and discussed with the shareholders and the capital markets back in May 2021. It’s on their investor page, link and excerpt below.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2021/05/26/capital-markets-day.html

“Strengthening customer relationships with digitally enabled tools like Ford Pass and Lincoln Way, online ordering, simplified financing and renewal options, vehicle pick-up and delivery, and mobile repairs.”

It sure seems like Ford already knows they need to fix the client ordering experience but the rub is how to do that with the current state franchise laws on the books.

Last edited:

Proflig8tor

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gulfstream / Grumman AA5B
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It sure seems like Ford already knows they need to fix the client ordering experience but the rub is how to do that with the current state franchise laws on the books.
Agreed, and I will add that dealer franchises stopped mattering when your richest neighbor sold out to a nameless small conglomerate and staffing started changing every four months. Today dealers just add friction, inefficiency and grift to a transaction. Dealer Associations should be illegal; cartels designed to corner the market and violate anti-trust laws.

Today Tesla simply does the service thing better. A instant request on your app gets a tech to your driveway for a $30 tire rotation and quick look over.
Sponsored