Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There's no muffler with the Borla but there is with the Ford Performance.

Borla typically makes different exhausts options for each vehicle. My assumption is that since there's a significantly smaller market for the Maverick, there will of course be less options.

Example: Borla's current gen F150 exhausts come in three flavors: Touring, S-Type & Atak. Ford Performance options for current gen F150 (also made by Borla) come in Sport or Extreme. So Borla makes 5 options in total for the F150 (technically three since two overlap, just different branding), whereas there are only two options Maverick (FP with muffler or Borla with no muffler).
man, that's crazy. here's a YT vid of the Borla system (which you and others have probably already seen). it seems like it would be pretty loud.
Sponsored

Rileyotta

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for Maverick, driving 2013 Kia Sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You may see a miniscule increase in HP but what you've also likely done is push that miniscule gain further up the powerband too.

There is nothing to be had there really until your put a downpipe on.
I see I see. Thank you for the education.

Bwicka

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick tremor/2023 maverick hybrid lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thank you for the photo.
What is the ground clearance like for an AWD truck that may see off road? It looks about the same in the photo.
Afe is the only pre rear wheel exhaust coming out so far , have had one on order for 2 months , supposed to produce by December .
The only way for more clearance is to not go under the rear diff and arms , ive Already drug mine and dented factory tremor one and melted the rear bumper valance because of that .
after the install I’m going to make a heavy duty rear skid for the rear diff.
Ford Maverick Ford Performance Sport Exhaust released for 2.0L EcoBoost Maverick IMG_0157

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Afe is the only pre rear wheel exhaust coming out so far , have had one on order for 2 months , supposed to produce by December .
The only way for more clearance is to not go under the rear diff and arms , ive Already drug mine and dented factory tremor one and melted the rear bumper valance because of that .
after the install I’m going to make a heavy duty rear skid for the rear diff.
IMG_0157.jpeg
if you want/need a rear exit, yes.

several people have taken a 90 deg exit muffler and gone straight out the passenger side.

you mentioned crushing it with a tremor. that could obviously still happen with a side exit, but technically, the ground clearance is slightly improved compared to going under the RDU.

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ummm it has a muffler as designed by Borla. It's right in their instructions, they are using different sized pipes to get the s type sound. Same thing is done in drag cars.

Ford Maverick Ford Performance Sport Exhaust released for 2.0L EcoBoost Maverick Screenshot_20231121_120024_Drive

Sponsored

DTF-Garage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Focus ZX3 (RWD Swap), 2011 Focus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
man, that's crazy. here's a YT vid of the Borla system (which you and others have probably already seen). it seems like it would be pretty loud.
if you want/need a rear exit, yes.

several people have taken a 90 deg exit muffler and gone straight out the passenger side.

you mentioned crushing it with a tremor. that could obviously still happen with a side exit, but technically, the ground clearance is slightly improved compared to going under the RDU.
I have a straight piped (after the cat) side-exit on mine and it's definitely not that loud. The cat and the turbo actually suppress quite a bit of sound. I would be interested in seeing how the almost-straight piped Borla sounds compared to mine. It's definitely louder than stock, but still not that loud imo.

Ford Maverick Ford Performance Sport Exhaust released for 2.0L EcoBoost Maverick 20231118_112143

Ford Maverick Ford Performance Sport Exhaust released for 2.0L EcoBoost Maverick 20231118_112019

EDIT: After watching the Borla video I actually like the way mine sounds better without the "Polyphonic Harmonizer Technology"

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have a straight piped (after the cat) side-exit on mine and it's definitely not that loud. The cat and the turbo actually suppress quite a bit of sound. I would be interested in seeing how the almost-straight piped Borla sounds compared to mine. It's definitely louder than stock, but still not that loud imo.

20231118_112143.jpg

20231118_112019.jpg

EDIT: After watching the Borla video I actually like the way mine sounds better without the "Polyphonic Harmonizer Technology"
looks like you're lowered also. are you nervous going over speed bumps? looks damn nice. (y)

DTF-Garage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Focus ZX3 (RWD Swap), 2011 Focus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
looks like you're lowered also. are you nervous going over speed bumps? looks damn nice. (y)
Thank you! I'm on Steeda Escape springs right now but am probably going to upgrade to Silvers coilovers here soon.

Most speed bumps I don't have a problem with, but I hit a pothole about 8" deep and it smacked the exhaust and put a big ass dent in the tip. But aside from that I haven't had any issues.

My exhaust is Magnaflow that I hacked up, cut out the muffler and re-routed out the passenger side lol

Got2go

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2020 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was interested to see this thread last week and went to my dealer with the part #s this weekend. They were unaware of the part and couldn't find it in the system but promised to follow up Monday and call me back. A very nice gentlemen called me this morning and told me the exhaust would be available in January ish and by the time you added the shipping to Canada and tax it would come to around $1800. This process for me is about having my truck generate some sound, and until it's bolted on and driven you have no idea what it will be like from little snippets posted by kind folks and manufacturers alike and whether you end happy with it is completely subjective to the individual and what they want / hope it will sound like.. This afternoon I ordered a stainless system from MBRP which came in at $798 shipped to my door. This is about the most I would be willing to risk on this experiment, $1800 for a system I might not be happy with was ultimately too much.

Dignam

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4/Tow/Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Watching this thread - hopefully we get a video of the FP exhaust. The Borla seems a little louder than I'd like. Also did not even realize the Borla system did not have a muffler until someone above mentioned it.

Sponsored

wb5oxq

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat in Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

2022 MAVERICK 2.0L SPORT EXHAUST

M-5200-MVC (w/ Chrome Exhaust Tips)
M-5200-MVB (w/ Black Exhaust Tips)

• Retail Price: $995.00
  • Fits 2022-2024 Maverick 2.0L EcoBoost®
  • Ford Performance Sport exhaust systems are uniquely designed and tuned to provide an aggressive and throaty high-performance sound that is sure to enhance your driving experience
  • Manufactured in the USA from high quality 304 stainless steel
  • Features ultra-smooth mandrel bends, warp-free flanges and superior craftsmanship
  • Dual side exit with chrome plated 3-inch stainless steel exhaust tips

M-5200-MVC.jpeg

M-5200-MVB (1).jpeg
Has anyone purchased this? I wonder who builds the muffler for Ford? Can one only but the muffler from Ford by part number or from aftermarket if there is one?

Svtguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL 24 Tremor on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Still nobody has purchased one?

robscar

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70, 2013 Outback, 2008 Titan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I cannot comment on the power gains on this particular exhaust, but I can tell you about the gains of the factory "performance" exhaust on a vehicle I do own. The vehicle is a 2019 Genesis G70 Sport. This vehicle is equipped with the 2.0t, manual trans, positraction diff. The "performance" exhaust is just a less restrictive muffler. The gain,,, 3 hp. 252 to 255. Can you feel the difference, doubt it. Is it louder, not much. You get more noise with the fake interior exhaust noise setting.

Superg0

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT FX4 Azure Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know a lot of people want to go this route for warranty reasons, but it better sound ridiculously good and have huge hp gains for the $995 plus labor price tag.

Justin.23

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jjc-llc.com
Vehicle(s)
23 Lariat w/ BAP & 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I know a lot of people want to go this route for warranty reasons, but it better sound ridiculously good and have huge hp gains for the $995 plus labor price tag.
Since when does a cat-back exhaust cause warranty issues?

I've had aftermarket exhausts on 3 of my last 4 Fords, never once have I been denied a warranty repair. My 5.0 was tuned with an intake & exhaust and I had two different sensors and an evap repair covered by factory warranty. There was never any fuss over the mods. Any inspector would have a hard time blaming a catback exhaust as the culprit of any issues. If a sensor goes out or something major breaks, it would have done the same with the stock exhaust..
Sponsored